The Mask Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, cwarnar said:

My Stacey Mach 10H. Going on 11 years now. Paint done by Duane Leblanc and the backplate redone by Doug Wager. 

Complete with my new WGD custom mask bag... 

How long you had Maltese? 

On 2017-5-6 at 9:17 AM, cwarnar said:

Less than a year... I've gone thru EVA, rubatex, poron and now Maltese. 

I remember the talk about poron on ggsu, I think when you first got the sample set. How did that experiment end up? 

Do people usually clear coat over the vinyl or just leave it exposed and hope for the best?

Wraps are impervious to nearly everything. The process is nearly identical to wrapped cars. Shawn certainly thinks wrapped helmets with custom foam (rather than fitted from a plaster mould) are the future.

14 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Wraps are impervious to nearly everything. The process is nearly identical to wrapped cars. Shawn certainly thinks wrapped helmets with custom foam (rather than fitted from a plaster mould) are the future.

Ok, so, do they get clear coated over the vinyl or no? lol

46 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok, so, do they get clear coated over the vinyl or no? lol

Not usually, no. The big selling point of wraps is that you can change your look easily. They can be cleared over; most of the sponsor logos on helmets are stickers, but it's unual to do so.

4 minutes ago, parebele said:

Not usually, no. The big selling point of wraps is that you can change your look easily. They can be cleared over; most of the sponsor logos on helmets are stickers, but it's unual to do so.

Ok so say you had a paint job that you knew you wanted to stick with but would like better detail than a painter can handle.  Getting a vinyl printout and then clearing it would be the next best thing, and probably cheaper too, no?

9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Wraps are impervious to nearly everything. The process is nearly identical to wrapped cars. Shawn certainly thinks wrapped helmets with custom foam (rather than fitted from a plaster mould) are the future.

You're saying the Protechsport / Warwick model? A few shell sizes to work from and then pad them to dial in the fit?

Status on Rey Mask, should have been shipped out last thursday, and they said they would send tracking as soon as it was available have yet to receive tracking.. I'm getting tired of always having to request updates, after they promised something. 

Status on Rey Mask, should have been shipped out last thursday, and they said they would send tracking as soon as it was available have yet to receive tracking.. I'm getting tired of always having to request updates, after they promised something. 

Yes- I know where you're coming  from on that!

I had enquired about my tracking number three days after ordering some Monster stuff and the person answering my email replied with "it's only been three business days since you had ordered", in which my reply was "if you covered yourself with 'please allow 3-5 business days for processing your order' on your e-receipts, I would not be contacting you until day 6". They did compensate me, which is a step in the right direction. 

We now live in a day and age where fulfillments of orders happen within 24 hours on a regular basis. This is what we expect. We also expect instantaneous tracking. Blame Amazon, but when you're not told that an item is something that takes 3-5 to make or you're told to expect tracking numbers, you had better bloody well do your job!

When I was building composites, my lead times were artificially long, but it covered me just in case a supplier had a gaff, which happened regularly. And when those mishaps happened, my customers were made aware and given the option to cancel. I was always 2-4 weeks ahead of my lead times quoted, which was by design. No customer of mine ever wondered where their stuff was, as they were updated constantly. For the prices they paid for stuff (as in some cases, I was literally fleshing out bar mat sketches into working prototypes, which included testing), that is what they deserved. 

I get tired of people not doing their jobs. Of course I deal with that A LOT in my regular job, so I have EVEN less patience with that quality when I am paying for it. Some people may call me a tough to deal with customer, but I feel that I conduct myself in my (side) business the way I expect to be treated as a customer. I am more patient with private sellers selling their used stuff, but ones who hang their shingle should know better. 

Sorry about the rant, as I woke particularly bitchy this morning!

21 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes- I know where you're coming  from on that!

I had ordered some Monster stuff, and the person answering my email replied with "it's only been three business days since you had ordered", in which my reply was "if you covered yourself with "please allow 3-5 business days for processing your order, I would not be contacting you until day 6". 

I get tired of people not doing their jobs. I am more patient with private sellers, but ones who hang their shingle should know better. 

Yeah, and especially since I used to work with shipping aswell as customer contact at a maritime service company, if I had treated our customers like this, may lord have mercy on my soul for the scolding I would have received from the managment...

It doesn't matter if it is B2C or B2B if you have an agreement on when something is going to happend, if said deadline can't be met, you HAVE to contact the buyer and explain why x and y is like it is, so they atleast know what is going on. 

• Like 1

Yeah, and especially since I used to work with shipping aswell as customer contact at a maritime service company, if I had treated our customers like this, may lord have mercy on my soul for the scolding I would have received from the managment...

It doesn't matter if it is B2C or B2B if you have an agreement on when something is going to happend, if said deadline can't be met, you HAVE to contact the buyer and explain why x and y is like it is, so they atleast know what is going on. 

You would have deserved the scolding! You know what I'm saying there. I think we are lock step in agreement on this type of thing.

• Like 1