The Mask Thread

44 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd argue that cage is more than fine.

I'll take a pic from another angle, my concern is that it is now almost flush against the mask shell which suggests the bars deformed. I don't think it was just the cage shifting and pushing up the vinyl wrap. 

On 2/23/2018 at 10:48 AM, Mroy31 said:

Rip in peace to my Masked Marvel cage. Took a howitzer between the eyes on a screened shot, knew something had to have given because it didn't rattle at all, just a dull smack. Hopefully my Profile 950 cage fits while I get a new one ordered. 

Looks wonky to me. The clamps don’t sit right. It got a bomb!

How’s your head?

15 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Looks wonky to me. The clamps don’t sit right. It got a bomb!

How’s your head?

Head feels fine.  That was a bit of a clue that something deformed, the shot didn't rattle me at all, no ringing.  Once I saw the puck mark, the vinyl pushed up and how close the bar now is to the shell at the forehead, I figured the cage probably deformed and absorbed most of the energy.  (ie. did its job :) )

Edited by Mroy31

4 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Haha, brilliant!

funny enough, the material also helps guard against chips on the chin from shots, and along the mask from general use. 

Only thing is, that the sharper corners require a dab of super glue to make it stay. I would recommend the gel based superglues for the job.

1 hour ago, ruckus007 said:

funny enough, the material also helps guard against chips on the chin from shots, and along the mask from general use. 

Only thing is, that the sharper corners require a dab of super glue to make it stay. I would recommend the gel based superglues for the job.

Is the cage painted or powder coated 

On 2/27/2018 at 2:00 AM, estogoalie said:

Like the blue/white. What's the blue rubber trim around the edges? Never saw that before.

20 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

it's car door edge protector I got from Amazon!

Don Straus used to do this with the Armadilla masks. Never seen it done in a colour before. Looks really cool with the blue cage. 

23cc09c935fbf1fb26c91dfdebff4e1e--goalie-mask-hockey-goalie.jpg