Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/15/2018 at 3:43 AM, Znowleopard said:

So I took a slap shot off my cage last night from some cunt who though trying to injure me was funny should I replace the cage or is it alright? IMG_20180414_235835.thumb.jpg.dbebed3e0e74cd2d9f7de774e41e272c.jpgIMG_20180414_235845.thumb.jpg.d8c1be6e8eb5841606f2b587ebd07fd3.jpg

And is there anything I can do about the paint?

While the bend is very slight and you'd probably be okay, you have to consider that cages are meant to bend on impact. I look at it like it's done its job, time for a new one. I always have an extra one on hand at home in case I get a dent. With yours I'd bet you're okay, certainly until you're able to get another one, but that depends on the level of risk you're willing to take on. It always blows my mind when I see guys who think its okay to play with a bent cage because "it didn't break yet". 

As for the paint, not much you can do about the damage other than to do what you can to keep it from chipping more. On a plain white mask I'd just suggest hitting it with a few layers of clear nail polish. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great shots of my Wall mask. Unbelievable mask, I've had for a bit over a year now and its been nothing but amazing. I've taken some bombs in this thing and been run a few times and never had any ringing or any other problems. 

ADAM37.png

RMC_5025.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Deadpool mask. I know Spider-Mans' head looks like an alien in the photo but it's just the shape of the mask and the angle it's at. Looks normal in real life.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

Edited by parebele
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a pink hello kitty backpack in the first one.
and No. HK Is NOT part of the comics. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a monstrosity of a goalie mask. That mannequin probably wishes he was a real person so it could move it's arms to take it off and run far away from it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, what is that!  That thing can't seriously be for hockey right?  Maybe ball hockey?  The clear chin window cracks me up.  Massive dead spot in the forehead.  Ears exposed, gargantuan backplate gap, ahhhh, i just can't.  Someone put a lot of time into this project!  Also, why brians?  Just so many questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 i legitimately like the idea, the mask sides should cover the ears, but the rest seems like it could actually be an improvement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browsing this thread and realized I somehow neglected to share my new mask.  I think I posted in the Pro's Choice thread.

It's a Pro's Choice 961 with paint by Frank Cipra.  I originally planned for it to be a Roy tribute with his Canadiens design, until I thought about it some more and realized what a waste it would be to have Cipra paint such a simple job.  So we added some stuff, but my overall plan was to keep it simple and recognizable even from a distance.

Here you go...

image.thumb.png.a88881c23771e215e82297e6a471df23.png

image.thumb.png.d0c656fae80715c153243c90c5bf55bc.png

image.thumb.png.f39922d91e87863e138ffd7c81dc1ad1.png

image.png.063065907d495e664386dcd78a855957.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I searched online for the Sentinel mask thinking maybe it was an April fools joke. While reading, they claim that they chose to use Brians name because according to their site, and in their words, Brians is a small company that "needs a competitive edge', "lacks a current mask offering", "has a history of innovation", "has massive street cred", and they also say that Brians was "once a maker of the finest gear available, recent economic turmoil and strong well financed competitors has severely  diminished market share." 

I serioulsly doubt Brian's would have any interest in this mask, and wouldn't care for their comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Md30 said:

I searched online for the Sentinel mask thinking maybe it was an April fools joke. While reading, they claim that they chose to use Brians name because according to their site, and in their words, Brians is a small company that "needs a competitive edge', "lacks a current mask offering", "has a history of innovation", "has massive street cred", and they also say that Brians was "once a maker of the finest gear available, recent economic turmoil and strong well financed competitors has severely  diminished market share." 

I serioulsly doubt Brian's would have any interest in this mask, and wouldn't care for their comments.

http://www.coroflot.com/matthewanswine/Footwear-Design-3D-n-Prototypes

Guys, this is a personal website from a guy that is using it just for minor design projects. Either for school or personal fun. Nothing in his repertoire should be taken seriously, nor should it be up for this much scrutiny lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you guys think this is worth?  

Purchased in the early 00’s. Not is not mine. 

5DCA6214-3350-4063-BC55-93AC52FF5ED7.png

F3A2D3F4-6384-4342-A218-908C6525D6F0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

http://www.coroflot.com/matthewanswine/Footwear-Design-3D-n-Prototypes

Guys, this is a personal website from a guy that is using it just for minor design projects. Either for school or personal fun. Nothing in his repertoire should be taken seriously, nor should it be up for this much scrutiny lol.

Agreed. This is the kind of thing that should be encouraged (especially by goalies!) not discouraged. Its like a concept car! This guy has a lot of very interesting ideas and one day this sort of creativity is going to lead to a more protective, better performing mask. The look or concept may not appeal to everyone now but didn't people say the same thing about flat-faced pads? Composite sticks? Cowlingless skates?? Come on now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

What do you guys think this is worth?  

Purchased in the early 00’s. Not is not mine. 

5DCA6214-3350-4063-BC55-93AC52FF5ED7.png

F3A2D3F4-6384-4342-A218-908C6525D6F0.png

Who has this shell? Would they sell it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My cousin, trying to get an idea of what it’s worth 

yes hes he’s considering selling it. 

Edited by Mike24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

My cousin, trying to get an idea of what it’s worth 

yes hes he’s considering selling it. 

Youth or adult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

Adult LG

Okay cool, I asked Don Staus. He said that mask does not look like it's worth much. He figured it might cost near $1000 to get it reconditioned to original condition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does he recondition them? 

If he could get it reconditioned. That’d be great 

Edited by Mike24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Does he recondition them? 

If he could get it reconditioned. That’d be great 

Not he’s out. He also does not have any cages left. Someone would have to make a 1 off or itd have to jammed back to shape. 

This is basically worth nothing. Hopefully he could give it to someone or do the work himself to restore this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Not he’s out. He also does not have any cages left. Someone would have to make a 1 off or itd have to jammed back to shape. 

This is basically worth nothing. Hopefully he could give it to someone or do the work himself to restore this 

Shawn Schroeder (kicksave from gsbb) could probably refurb it. 

Olympia Composites can make custom cages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×