The Mask Thread

18 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Are those Outsider Straps on the backplate? If so, how do you like them?

Yes they are Outsider Straps by Doug Wager. I've had Outsiders on each of my masks from Doug and they are great, no durability issues, and you can customize the colors! I believe you can get premade sets from Goalieparts.com.

Here are pictures of my Orange and Black Outsiders on my last mask.

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Naz said:

Did you buy that Custom Kevlar that was on eBay recently?  Beautiful refurb job on that one.

That's probably the one.  Up for sale now because I just picked up a new MM and have a protechsport on order, so I won't need 3.

1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

That's probably the one.  Up for sale now because I just picked up a new MM and have a protechsport on order, so I won't need 3.

On eBay?  Shoot me a pm with some pics, I mayyyyy just take that off your hands!

On 4/14/2018 at 4:48 AM, Znowleopard said:

Thinking about doing some testing of my self, might start a thread

That would be awesome. I've always thought about building a puck cannon and doing testing on most available pro and retail masks. If only I had the time and money...

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

That would be awesome. I've always thought about building a puck cannon and doing testing on most available pro and retail masks. If only I had the time and money...

not quite what im doing but, i have the time, so if someone wants to send me some money ;);)

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, TitanG said:

I've always thought about building a puck cannon and doing testing

I made this a few years ago. Only really worked with ball hockey balls. Didn’t have enough power to move pucks quickly. I had kids and forgot all about it until now. Good times.

I guess video embedding doesn't work with uploaded videos. Uploaded to Youtube

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xdave90x said:

Might sound like a dumb question but went and see a few games of the habs and remarked that Price has a screw going through his backplate and his harness what is it used for?

This is on all NHL CCM masks and the latest retial masks. I believe it’s deisgned to keep the harness centered and ensure a consistent fit game after game. 

On 4/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, craig said:

I made this a few years ago. Only really worked with ball hockey balls. Didn’t have enough power to move pucks quickly. I had kids and forgot all about it until now. Good times.

I guess video embedding doesn't work with uploaded videos. Uploaded to Youtube

?

Edited by bunnyman666

16 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

That’s actually pretty good.

One engineering student once told me a puck hammer could be effective in testing except for the consistency of the blows. We had discussed possibly a catapult that kept the puck attached to a flexible pole (like a fishing pole). Then the kid transferred schools and we never got our stuff together ?

I was defiantly heading in a good direction with it. I wanted to use it for mask testing as well as for training. I hit a wall with the lack of power from the junkyard parts I used. I also had trouble with the hopper and loading. Worked well sometimes, but would also get stuck a lot. I eventually wanted it mounted on a moving based that would be powered by an Arduino. Then we had a few kids... 

I might dig it out of the attic again one day and mess around.

A catapult would be great for testing because it would be simple and consistent. But wouldn't really work as a training tool as it would be slow to reload and would require another person.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:43 AM, craig said:

I was defiantly heading in a good direction with it. I wanted to use it for mask testing as well as for training. I hit a wall with the lack of power from the junkyard parts I used. I also had trouble with the hopper and loading. Worked well sometimes, but would also get stuck a lot. I eventually wanted it mounted on a moving based that would be powered by an Arduino. Then we had a few kids... 

I might dig it out of the attic again one day and mess around.

A catapult would be great for testing because it would be simple and consistent. But wouldn't really work as a training tool as it would be slow to reload and would require another person.

No 

Edited by bunnyman666

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It’s more narrow than the NME

pleas tell us you are not buying a 950?

NO!!! The 950x is one of the mask  I sell the most in the bauer family, I just assumed I'd have more answers than just asking for the XPM.

2 minutes ago, maxtm30 said:

NO!!! The 950x is one of the mask  I sell the most in the bauer family, I just assumed I'd have more answers than just asking for the XPM.

Haha ?? 

I always recommend looking at a smaller guys like Protechsport, Masked Marvels, etc instead of the lower end masks from the big boys. 

Your fit question all set?

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Haha ?? 

I always recommend looking at a smaller guys like Protechsport, Masked Marvels, etc instead of the lower end masks from the big boys. 

Your fit question all set?

yeah thanks!