The Mask Thread

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

You would have deserved the scolding! You know what I'm saying there. I think we are lock step in agreement on this type of thing.

Deffinetly, it often doesn't even take 2 minutes writing an e-mail explaining what is going on, so often it is just being lazy. On another note, aren't you up very late if you are from CAN/USA which i suspect?

On 5/27/2017 at 7:47 AM, MadsM said:

Deffinetly, it often doesn't even take 2 minutes writing an e-mail explaining what is going on, so often it is just being lazy. On another note, aren't you up very late if you are from CAN/USA which i suspect?

Actually, early morning (6:48 am).

• Like 1

Anyone use a Dre mask? Dre from GSBB made me a mask several years ago and it's been great. I'm in need of a new cage for it these days. I've put in a call to Dre through FB to see what brand mask would fit but my question here is, does anyone sell cats eyes cages anymore? All I can find at local shops are bird cages and the extra protected cats eyes. 

I'm also worried that the shape of the mask might not be one that is available anymore and I don't know what would be a good current match. For example, I have a feeling this mask is similar in shape to an itech 961 (or an itech mask) but itech doesn't exist anymore (or at least no one carries their masks). I'll I see is bauer and CCM and sometimes sportmask. 

Any advice? 

Anyone use a Dre mask? Dre from GSBB made me a mask several years ago and it's been great. I'm in need of a new cage for it these days. I've put in a call to Dre through FB to see what brand mask would fit but my question here is, does anyone sell cats eyes cages anymore? All I can find at local shops are bird cages and the extra protected cats eyes. 

I'm also worried that the shape of the mask might not be one that is available anymore and I don't know what would be a good current match. For example, I have a feeling this mask is similar in shape to an itech 961 (or an itech mask) but itech doesn't exist anymore (or at least no one carries their masks). I'll I see is bauer and CCM and sometimes sportmask. 

Any advice? 

Bauer may have cages to fit since they bought iTech. I think their 960 is a clone of the iTech. You can check to see if one fits.

In Canada, a cat eye is hard to come by. You may need an American friend to get you one if you're in Canada. 

12 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Bauer may have cages to fit since they bought iTech. I think their 960 is a clone of the iTech. You can check to see if one fits.

In Canada, a cat eye is hard to come by. You may need an American friend to get you one if you're in Canada. 

thanks for the info. I'll check out the bauer cages and keep my hopes up I can find a real cat eye. 

2 hours ago, hammbone said:

Any advice? 

There is a goalie mask cage that I constantly see advertised in the goalie facebook groups but the name escapes me at the moment.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

• 3 weeks later...

My collection. The FD "Tribute" and Bull were painted by Head Strong. The "old school" stripes mask is done in the same reflective blue tape that's on our fire trucks. And my newest mask, the Voltron Blue Lion painted by Sun God Graphics. 

2017-06-18_22.40.10.jpg

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 11:46 PM, Inferno said:

My collection. The FD "Tribute" and Bull were painted by Head Strong. The "old school" stripes mask is done in the same reflective blue tape that's on our fire trucks. And my newest mask, the Voltron Blue Lion painted by Sun God Graphics. 

Nice colletion. Is the bottom left a Warwick? If so, how do you like that compared to the 961

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Nice colletion. Is the bottom left a Warwick? If so, how do you like that compared to the 961

Thank you!

The bottom left is an Eddy Custom Kevlar. Not a huge fan of it, sold it to a buddy yesterday. 

• 1 month later...

if anyone needs info on the Rey masks im a lifetime user and i know the owner so feel free to ask me.

They are awesome as the price/performance ratio goes, you get  much more than you pay for

PRO CARBON/KEVLAR mask for the price of CCM 9000.

only cons i see on them is the fact they are a littlebit on the heavier side, but i never really noticed it on my head. Also the sweatband design isnt the best, it is connected with a velcro that tends to fall off after some use (nothing a little bit of superglue wouldnt fix)

pros are pretty evident, amazing protection, great sightlines,the padding is not too stiff nor too soft. They are so great most of the czech pro goalies use them.

if you want to see pics my current mask is basically a 960 series bauer clone.

Also will post pics when my new REY Sauer is in !

3 hours ago, Catchingpuckslikestds said:

if anyone needs info on the Rey masks im a lifetime user and i know the owner so feel free to ask me.

They are awesome as the price/performance ratio goes, you get  much more than you pay for

PRO CARBON/KEVLAR mask for the price of CCM 9000.

only cons i see on them is the fact they are a littlebit on the heavier side, but i never really noticed it on my head. Also the sweatband design isnt the best, it is connected with a velcro that tends to fall off after some use (nothing a little bit of superglue wouldnt fix)

pros are pretty evident, amazing protection, great sightlines,the padding is not too stiff nor too soft. They are so great most of the czech pro goalies use them.

if you want to see pics my current mask is basically a 960 series bauer clone.

Also will post pics when my new REY Sauer is in !

Welcome and thanks for the feedback. Love getting inf on the lesser known brands! 

Looney tunes inspired mask. The background looks black but it's actually a type of chameleon pearl that flips about 6 different colours. The only caveat was it had to have Sylvester the Cats' nose over the 'i' in his name. Gotta love kids :)

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

Edited by parebele
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 11:34 PM, parebele said:

Looney tunes inspired mask. The background looks black but it's actually a type of chameleon pearl that flips about 6 different colours. The only caveat was it had to have Sylvester the Cats' nose over the 'i' in his name. Gotta love kids :)

That would almost convince me to get a paint job! Being a HUGE Looney Tunes fan, especially Bugs (he's been my guide in how to deal with bullies). 

But I'd never wear it 'cos I did not want to risk chipping the paint!

Great execution! Bravo!!!!