Jump to content
SaveByRichter35

The Mask Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MadsM said:

Status on Rey Mask, should have been shipped out last thursday, and they said they would send tracking as soon as it was available have yet to receive tracking.. I'm getting tired of always having to request updates, after they promised something. 

Yes- I know where you're coming  from on that!

I had enquired about my tracking number three days after ordering some Monster stuff and the person answering my email replied with "it's only been three business days since you had ordered", in which my reply was "if you covered yourself with 'please allow 3-5 business days for processing your order' on your e-receipts, I would not be contacting you until day 6". They did compensate me, which is a step in the right direction. 

We now live in a day and age where fulfillments of orders happen within 24 hours on a regular basis. This is what we expect. We also expect instantaneous tracking. Blame Amazon, but when you're not told that an item is something that takes 3-5 to make or you're told to expect tracking numbers, you had better bloody well do your job!

When I was building composites, my lead times were artificially long, but it covered me just in case a supplier had a gaff, which happened regularly. And when those mishaps happened, my customers were made aware and given the option to cancel. I was always 2-4 weeks ahead of my lead times quoted, which was by design. No customer of mine ever wondered where their stuff was, as they were updated constantly. For the prices they paid for stuff (as in some cases, I was literally fleshing out bar mat sketches into working prototypes, which included testing), that is what they deserved. 

I get tired of people not doing their jobs. Of course I deal with that A LOT in my regular job, so I have EVEN less patience with that quality when I am paying for it. Some people may call me a tough to deal with customer, but I feel that I conduct myself in my (side) business the way I expect to be treated as a customer. I am more patient with private sellers selling their used stuff, but ones who hang their shingle should know better. 

Sorry about the rant, as I woke particularly bitchy this morning!

Edited by bunnyman666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes- I know where you're coming  from on that!

I had ordered some Monster stuff, and the person answering my email replied with "it's only been three business days since you had ordered", in which my reply was "if you covered yourself with "please allow 3-5 business days for processing your order, I would not be contacting you until day 6". 

I get tired of people not doing their jobs. I am more patient with private sellers, but ones who hang their shingle should know better. 

Yeah, and especially since I used to work with shipping aswell as customer contact at a maritime service company, if I had treated our customers like this, may lord have mercy on my soul for the scolding I would have received from the managment...

It doesn't matter if it is B2C or B2B if you have an agreement on when something is going to happend, if said deadline can't be met, you HAVE to contact the buyer and explain why x and y is like it is, so they atleast know what is going on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadsM said:

Yeah, and especially since I used to work with shipping aswell as customer contact at a maritime service company, if I had treated our customers like this, may lord have mercy on my soul for the scolding I would have received from the managment...

It doesn't matter if it is B2C or B2B if you have an agreement on when something is going to happend, if said deadline can't be met, you HAVE to contact the buyer and explain why x and y is like it is, so they atleast know what is going on. 

You would have deserved the scolding! You know what I'm saying there. I think we are lock step in agreement on this type of thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bunnyman666 said:

You would have deserved the scolding! You know what I'm saying there. I think we are lock step in agreement on this type of thing.

Deffinetly, it often doesn't even take 2 minutes writing an e-mail explaining what is going on, so often it is just being lazy. On another note, aren't you up very late if you are from CAN/USA which i suspect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadsM said:

Deffinetly, it often doesn't even take 2 minutes writing an e-mail explaining what is going on, so often it is just being lazy. On another note, aren't you up very late if you are from CAN/USA which i suspect?

Actually, early morning (6:48 am).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone use a Dre mask? Dre from GSBB made me a mask several years ago and it's been great. I'm in need of a new cage for it these days. I've put in a call to Dre through FB to see what brand mask would fit but my question here is, does anyone sell cats eyes cages anymore? All I can find at local shops are bird cages and the extra protected cats eyes. 

I'm also worried that the shape of the mask might not be one that is available anymore and I don't know what would be a good current match. For example, I have a feeling this mask is similar in shape to an itech 961 (or an itech mask) but itech doesn't exist anymore (or at least no one carries their masks). I'll I see is bauer and CCM and sometimes sportmask. 

Any advice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hammbone said:

Anyone use a Dre mask? Dre from GSBB made me a mask several years ago and it's been great. I'm in need of a new cage for it these days. I've put in a call to Dre through FB to see what brand mask would fit but my question here is, does anyone sell cats eyes cages anymore? All I can find at local shops are bird cages and the extra protected cats eyes. 

I'm also worried that the shape of the mask might not be one that is available anymore and I don't know what would be a good current match. For example, I have a feeling this mask is similar in shape to an itech 961 (or an itech mask) but itech doesn't exist anymore (or at least no one carries their masks). I'll I see is bauer and CCM and sometimes sportmask. 

Any advice? 

Bauer may have cages to fit since they bought iTech. I think their 960 is a clone of the iTech. You can check to see if one fits.

In Canada, a cat eye is hard to come by. You may need an American friend to get you one if you're in Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Bauer may have cages to fit since they bought iTech. I think their 960 is a clone of the iTech. You can check to see if one fits.

In Canada, a cat eye is hard to come by. You may need an American friend to get you one if you're in Canada. 

thanks for the info. I'll check out the bauer cages and keep my hopes up I can find a real cat eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammbone said:

Anyone use a Dre mask? Dre from GSBB made me a mask several years ago and it's been great. I'm in need of a new cage for it these days. I've put in a call to Dre through FB to see what brand mask would fit but my question here is, does anyone sell cats eyes cages anymore? All I can find at local shops are bird cages and the extra protected cats eyes. 

I'm also worried that the shape of the mask might not be one that is available anymore and I don't know what would be a good current match. For example, I have a feeling this mask is similar in shape to an itech 961 (or an itech mask) but itech doesn't exist anymore (or at least no one carries their masks). I'll I see is bauer and CCM and sometimes sportmask. 

Any advice? 

There is a goalie mask cage that I constantly see advertised in the goalie facebook groups but the name escapes me at the moment.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

There is a goalie mask cage that I constantly see advertised in the goalie facebook groups but the name escapes me at the moment.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Otny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dre is coming through town in July and says he's got a few cages still. I'll check those out before I start looking elsewhere. Thanks, guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hammbone said:

Dre is coming through town in July and says he's got a few cages still. I'll check those out before I start looking elsewhere. Thanks, guys.

Definitely your best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My collection. The FD "Tribute" and Bull were painted by Head Strong. The "old school" stripes mask is done in the same reflective blue tape that's on our fire trucks. And my newest mask, the Voltron Blue Lion painted by Sun God Graphics. 

2017-06-18_22.40.10.jpg

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 11:46 PM, Inferno said:

My collection. The FD "Tribute" and Bull were painted by Head Strong. The "old school" stripes mask is done in the same reflective blue tape that's on our fire trucks. And my newest mask, the Voltron Blue Lion painted by Sun God Graphics. 

 

Nice colletion. Is the bottom left a Warwick? If so, how do you like that compared to the 961

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Nice colletion. Is the bottom left a Warwick? If so, how do you like that compared to the 961

Thank you!

 

The bottom left is an Eddy Custom Kevlar. Not a huge fan of it, sold it to a buddy yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MadsM said:

Update from Rey Mask, long awaited! 

Here's the pictures :)

Looks like they executed the design well! 

Have you worn a Rey before? Any concerns on sweating too much from a mask with minimal ventilation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not pretty at all compared to the previous posts, but here's my lid FWIW. Olie MA2000 with a stock paint job from their factory. I plan on ordering a Protechsport, but not sure when that'll happen.....

Picture1.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone needs info on the Rey masks im a lifetime user and i know the owner so feel free to ask me.

They are awesome as the price/performance ratio goes, you get  much more than you pay for

PRO CARBON/KEVLAR mask for the price of CCM 9000.

only cons i see on them is the fact they are a littlebit on the heavier side, but i never really noticed it on my head. Also the sweatband design isnt the best, it is connected with a velcro that tends to fall off after some use (nothing a little bit of superglue wouldnt fix)

pros are pretty evident, amazing protection, great sightlines,the padding is not too stiff nor too soft. They are so great most of the czech pro goalies use them.

if you want to see pics my current mask is basically a 960 series bauer clone.

Also will post pics when my new REY Sauer is in !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×