SaveByRichter35

The Mask Thread

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The ear vents are 2 D shaped holes with the flat edges facing each other in the middle and the rounded part of the "D" facing away from each other.  Defender.

edit - As I was.  After zooming in I do see that they're not in fact D shaped.  If you look at the bottom of the "B" in Tampa Bay you can see there is more to the vent hole.  It has a rounded off triangular shape to them.

edit 2 - Actually looking at the bottom ear vent it doesn't even look like the same shape of the top vent.  Is anyone else seeing this too or am I blind?

mask.png

I agree, though Chad Warwick didn't always have the Double D on his masks, so in principle it could be his, but to me it doesn't look like any Warwick/Defender. Weird vent hole shape...

Murray's mask seems crazy to me. It's a Pro's Choice and confirmed to be completely custom. One of Dom's guys told me any changes like that are done by the goalie or EQM. It's crazy you'd take the best, or one of them, custom fits in the game and mess it up. 

I feel like the no lost gear whistle should be called the Murray mask rule, like the Tom Brady tuck rule in football 

here's another one that confuses me. I've seen some stock photos of 961s strapped like this too. 

Why would you wear the lower side straps around the back? 

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Murray's mask seems crazy to me. It's a Pro's Choice and confirmed to be completely custom. One of Dom's guys told me any changes like that are done by the goalie or EQM. It's crazy you'd take the best, or one of them, custom fits in the game and mess it up. 

I feel like the no lost gear whistle should be called the Murray mask rule, like the Tom Brady tuck rule in football 

here's another one that confuses me. I've seen some stock photos of 961s strapped like this too. 

Why would you wear the lower side straps around the back? 

Got one worse that I just found the other day. Jon Gillies must be drinking some spike Gatorade to want this strapping. He has Dom add the extra buckle that the 960's had for the chin strap and snaps his backplate straps to it like some 960 wearers used to do (Hellebuyck). To clarify my photos, its the green he snaps onto when it should be the red like normal goalies. What a weirdo, and this is coming from a goalie:

img.jpg.328de815889998b9e87043b0fc8432af.jpg

bfENe6p.thumb.jpg.218383255e280b07eadc48a1101a77d8.jpg

cut.jpg.86428e7625127ce125256a4db68cdcb9.jpg

My contact at Pro's Choice commented on Helly. He said he wears his strapping like that to change the angle it sits on his head 

Gary Warwick Sr passed yesterday. Sad news as he was a legend. He built quite a legacy and I hope his company remains strong into the future. 

KVG had a tribute to him and posted this pic. There's a couple masks on her I didn't think we're actually Warwick?

1. Isn't the Belfour mask pictured a Harrison? I didn't think the Warwick started until after Chicago? 

2. I thought Potvin only wore Harrison? 

IMG_0280.JPG

7 hours ago, craig said:

Those are all Warwicks minus Potvin. 

Sad news for sure. 

When did Belfour switch in Chicago? I'm about 90% sure the original eagle was a Harrison and that mask looks early 

Original eagle mask was defiantly Harrison. The one after was as well (with the talons)

This one looks like a Warwick though. Maybe 96?

Ed-Belfour.jpg.8c0aa0fe8abb6af8bbbd8f8d1704a30e.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

A Shawn Schroeder SK2000 clone:

This looks lovely me Patrick Swayze helped Demi Moore form this out of clay!

IMG_1741.GIF

• Haha 1

@bunnyman666 that is not the mask I was talking about... I'll have to see if I can find what I was talking about. It looked  skateboard helmet, normal goalie mask, and Lefevbre style eye hole mask had a 3 way love child. 

In other news... Air Exess sold their mask line to a Swiss orthopedic company. From what I can tell the company makes and assembles really high braces, orthotics, etc and is run by engineers and doctors. 

This is really really interesting news 

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@bunnyman666 that is not the mask I was talking about... I'll have to see if I can find what I was talking about. It looked  skateboard helmet, normal goalie mask, and Lefevbre style eye hole mask had a 3 way love child. 

In other news... Air Exess sold their mask line to a Swiss orthopedic company. From what I can tell the company makes and assembles really high braces, orthotics, etc and is run by engineers and doctors. 

This is really really interesting news 

Actually- the medical composites industry has tolerances as high as aircraft. I was actually thinking of expanding into prosthetics before my business-killing design got sold! An engineering student who was testing my bike parts had a brother who had lost a limb and approached me.  I really wanted to do it. This young lady ended up working for a prosthetics company, and was instrumental in a few cool designs. She was very fun to work with. 

I know which one you speak of now. What I just showed you was MKII of the SK2000. It was my favourite because it was slimmer and more form-fitting, though I had to cut out the ears to make it fit over them!!!! Regrettably, it developed a crack and is relegated to skate shoppe decor duty! 

The one you speak of is on my Instagram @bunnydevildude . It’s not on this phone. I’ll have to pull it off my iPad...

I'm not knocking the decision to go medical at all. My day job is in manufacturing and I spend a lot of time with medical companies who use our 3D printers to make implants

Interesting = good in this case... safety innovations too? 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I'm not knocking the decision to go medical at all. My day job is in manufacturing and I spend a lot of time with medical companies who use our 3D printers to make implants

Interesting = good in this case... safety innovations too? 

Never saw it that way, meaning that I did not think you were knocking the medical appliance company buying them.

There is probably more precision in medical devises than in aircraft in some ways!

Edited by bunnyman666

Checked your IG and didn't see the mask. Other than the Protech, all your other masks are a mage style? This has a traditional fiberglass chin and cage 

@SaveByRichter35 @chakal @MTH - any idea on the mask I'm referring to? I think the guy was from philly and making them in his garage 

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Checked your IG and didn't see the mask. Other than the Protech, all your other masks are a mage style? This has a traditional fiberglass chin and cage 

@SaveByRichter35 @chakal @MTH - any idea on the mask I'm referring to? I think the guy was from philly and making them in his garage 

Ahhhhh! You speak of the Onesie! Not mine, don’t own one. That bloke is a former police officer. 

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This thing?

http://www.onezeegoaliehelmet.com