22 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Does anyone use pants w/ integrated knee padding? Not sure why but they never appealed to me.

I'd probably think about it if I still used thigh wraps. I had the V4 ones that aren't the most comprehensive in protection. Since I've switched to knee pads, I'd heavily avoid them.

These suckers here:

vaughn-goalie-leg-pads-2000-pro-inset5.jpg

Edited by coopaloop1234

43 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I like the look of those pants over the previous version. 

Does anyone own them? I heard the older yellow version were quite short in the legs 

I have the yellow ones. My biggest complaint is that the waist area doesn't really match the legs in terms of a supposed "compression" fit. I have to work the legs into place, which I like because they don't feel like they're going to slide around. But then the waist/crotch is so loose comparatively it seems odd. That being said, I don't notice it at all once I'm on the ice. 

As far as the integrated knee padding, I've always needed volleyball knee pads inside whatever knee pads I've had to feel really comfortable. 2 Gen's of Vaughn, the last gen of Bauer. It wasn't until I got these that I could go without the extra set of knee pads. I'll fully admit that seems like a pretty personal preference though. 

They sell the knee padding as separate sleeves too, but I'd feel more comfortable with them as part of this full unit. Don't have any strong feelings about the inner thigh padding. There is one individual segment of the knee padding that has just recently come off, other than that, still in one piece. 

No real issue with the length of legs, but maybe that's where the weird waist to leg size ratio comes in

Edited by Mroy31
Update comment

• 4 months later...

Now that the blue padded Bauer top has been out for a while now, can anyone comment on the quality of it? ie machine washability, durability, and protection from shots when combined with a neck guard/bib combo? I'm thinking of using it in combination with a Vaughn neck guard that has a bib. I was originally thinking of going with verbero, but saw the comments on it overheating, so I figure the blue bauer shirt might be a good option

48 minutes ago, GoalieGuy101 said:

Now that the blue padded Bauer top has been out for a while now, can anyone comment on the quality of it? ie machine washability, durability, and protection from shots when combined with a neck guard/bib combo? I'm thinking of using it in combination with a Vaughn neck guard that has a bib. I was originally thinking of going with verbero, but saw the comments on it overheating, so I figure the blue bauer shirt might be a good option

I don't think the blue ones have actually gone to retail, or at least not until very recently.  Although there are some websites that list them.  Goaliemonkey has it listed as a new arrival.  Even the Bauer site doesn't list the blue ones.

I was hoping to get the blue pants because of a couple sections on the yellow version that have worn off.  Or just get the "knee pad" version and have them sewn onto a better general base layer.

Haven't used the yellow version of the shirt with a bib although I'm working on a maltese combo demo.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 12:41 PM, TheGoalNet said:

- Last request would be textured rubber beads to the arms. My UA shirt uses this and I love it. Makes a difference with my C&A arms staying snug. See green square below 

IMG_9712.JPG

I feel like Goldy Locks right now... given the new Passau C/A and Maltese neck guard I found I was getting pretty warm in my padded shirt and thought I didn't really have much need for it anymore anyway. I switched to a compression non-padded shirt I had which was in my bag one night and it was much better, but didn't have grippy sleeves. The following skate I wore a Bauer I had in the closet with grippy sleeves, but it's a not as snug of a fit as I'd like. Seaching UA's site I can't find the shirt you have... any ideas what it is (was) called?

15 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I feel like Goldy Locks right now... given the new Passau C/A and Maltese neck guard I found I was getting pretty warm in my padded shirt and thought I didn't really have much need for it anymore anyway. I switched to a compression non-padded shirt I had which was in my bag one night and it was much better, but didn't have grippy sleeves. The following skate I wore a Bauer I had in the closet with grippy sleeves, but it's a not as snug of a fit as I'd like. Seaching UA's site I can't find the shirt you have... any ideas what it is (was) called?

Nevermind @TheGoalNet... found it. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Curious, as well.

I recently stumbled upon them on goaliemonkey and I'm intrigued.   I've never worn one but the thought popped into my head recently. 

image.png.189025a21a931cb3608ce14a77fc1736.png

I should know in a week or so, I just decided to order one already. My Farrell one is probably around 10 years old and really needs replacing.

13 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Vaughn VE8 padded shirt?

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Curious, as well.

I recently stumbled upon them on goaliemonkey and I'm intrigued.   I've never worn one but the thought popped into my head recently. 

11 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

I should know in a week or so, I just decided to order one already. My Farrell one is probably around 10 years old and really needs replacing.

Just one man's opinion here... but the VE8 shirt looks like Vaughn's answer to the NHL spec C/A sizes. I've been a big fan of padded shirts myself but since I've started using my new Passau Pro Pack I found that I have the luxury of not needing the added protection... and a bonus in using a non-padded shirt... much cooler. The heat retention on some of these is pretty nuts... and I don't care how vented the back of the shift is... the VE8 will be a toasty one.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

Curious, as well.

I looked at one in store and the padded areas to me seemed like a thick low density foam. Makes it easier for movement but I’m not sure how much it would actually help with an impact. What I like from Bauer and other companies is the use of non-traditional foams like Poron that help cushion better (at least in theory).

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Just one man's opinion here... but the VE8 shirt looks like Vaughn's answer to the NHL spec C/A sizes. I've been a big fan of padded shirts myself but since I've started using my new Passau Pro Pack I found that I have the luxury of not needing the added protection... and a bonus in using a non-padded shirt... much cooler. The heat retention on some of these is pretty nuts... and I don't care how vented the back of the shift is... the VE8 will be a toasty one.

Heat is my concern with all of these, especially long sleeved ones.  I run really, really hot and sweat profusely regardless of what I'm wearing on my base layer.

On 9/29/2017 at 4:42 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd probably think about it if I still used thigh wraps. I had the V4 ones that aren't the most comprehensive in protection. Since I've switched to knee pads, I'd heavily avoid them.

These suckers here:

vaughn-goalie-leg-pads-2000-pro-inset5.jpg

Those make excellent upper arm protection reinforcement on any C/A!