Defunct Gear Brands

TheGoalNet

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@daffy - I have not seen XGS before. Nice find. 

Anything unique about the product?

There are a few old threads on the GSBB. When they came out, their claim was to have one of the lightest pads on the market. I had Mike do a bindless blocker for me which looks similar to his Kenesky blocker that he now makes. I bought the glove after he sent me a sample. My small hands fit very well in that glove so I ordered one for myself. Got good use out of it.

goalie pads.jpg

7 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Christian. Last post of the previous page :)

Oh, OG Christian is dead, but Total Hockey (now Pure Hockey) is still selling them as a house brand. 

The foam cores with diamond lock paint looked sick with my Brian's retro set. 

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Oh, OG Christian is dead, but Total Hockey (now Pure Hockey) is still selling them as a house brand. 

The foam cores with diamond lock paint looked sick with my Brian's retro set. 

Yea I bought a couple Total Hockey SMU Titan branded player sticks :) 

39 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Dont forget this beuaty.... i remember when this came out... It was an abomination!!  

I hate to admit that I thought that was the coolest thing in like mites or squirts. 

I need to put into context that I was rocking a CCM bucket, stock CCM cage, and ITECH hacket neck piece 

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

I hate to admit that I thought that was the coolest thing in like mites or squirts. 

I need to put into context that I was rocking a CCM bucket, stock CCM cage, and ITECH hacket neck piece 

I guess it was still pretty early in the stage of real fibre glass masks being available to minor hockey players when these were introduced.... even then though, anything made of plastic was a red flag.  

I rocked one of these back in the squirt days (tom thumb) ...

koho-vintage-goalie-helmet-cage-mask_1_38489eadb9fa4eaa5912156f8de0321e.jpg.df91b90f174a6c7a55d95dc0ffa62aa0.jpg

Archived