Defunct Gear Brands

TheGoalNet

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MTH said:

Titan was the one company that printed their paddle logos vertical too. Nobody else ever did that, right?

bob-gainey-of-the-montreal-canadiens-ska

The old CCM logo with the sloped font was unique too to goalie sticks:

edwards.jpg

I just bought a Titan player stick about two years ago. Loved the nostalgia aspect, even if it was just a painted CCM 

• 11 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 11:16 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@MTH - You just blew my mind! I didn't remember Vic skates & I didn't know about Mylec / Vic blocker! Was that Vic model for ice or street?

I don't know if Vic is a Canadian Tire brand or not now but I work in Cantire distribution and I can assure everyone that Vic sticks and gear are absolutely still a brand.  I can't have my phone inside work or id take some pictures.

Player gear, not goalie gear. Goal sticks though. Everything looks low end.

1 hour ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I don't know if Vic is a Canadian Tire brand or not now but I work in Cantire distribution and I can assure everyone that Vic sticks and gear are absolutely still a brand.  I can't have my phone inside work or id take some pictures.

What page are the Vic skates on? I missed that?

On 2/23/2019 at 8:31 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

Good intel. 

Sounds it. I know CT had Cooper branded stuff too. Cooper brand is still alive for Hurling in Ireland.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, Larceny#30 said:

What company made the mask in pic with a maple leaf on the side

The Maple Leaf as part of the shell was Van Veldon.  They were solid masks, albeit a little on the heavy side.

On the Vintage Goalie Equipment group on Facebook, Jerry Van Veldon occasionally posts, and responds to inquiries about his masks.

Nobody's said Hackva yet?!

My dad has a Hackva mask that I use occasionally. That thing is an absolute tank and quite comfortable. It's a tad bit heavier than my Bauer 950X. His is custom padded with XPF Poron and Maltese and is about to get a new cage because one of the welds finally gave out.

IMG_0469.JPG.61716e96daf6687ef6e8323d4129fb27.JPG

2 fun facts about Hackva masks:

- Every mask ever produced had lifetime warranty because of the absolute tanks that they are. (warranty is gone because Hackva is gone)

- All Hackva masks used the same mold, sizing was determined by the amount of padding.

(I'm not absolutely certain on either of these facts but I'm 80% sure)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MTH said:

Hockey Tutorial on YouTube posted a FANTASTIC video with the gentleman who created Titan hockey. It's worth the time to watch. 

nice i was checking out gretzky's titans last night at the oilers game.... I owned a few as a kid!  There is a ton of cool memorabilia up in his bar/restaurant at Rogers place, including a display with at least 5 fuhr masks.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TresPasser said:

Tackla is still alive: https://www.tackla.com/catalogs.html

I think Vaughn owns the name in the USA. Not sure about what else. It's a shame Vaughn has not tried to compete more with their player brands. Could be very interesting.

Eagle gloves and protective, Tackla pants, Graf skates and sticks... Not a bad line up at all

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think Vaughn owns the name in the USA. Not sure about what else. It's a shame Vaughn has not tried to compete more with their player brands. Could be very interesting.

Eagle gloves and protective, Tackla pants, Graf skates and sticks... Not a bad line up at all

That's true. In Finland Tackla is still quite a strong brand, especially at player equipment. Also a lot of pro goalies use their pants.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, MTH said:

Hockey Tutorial on YouTube posted a FANTASTIC video with the gentleman who created Titan hockey. It's worth the time to watch. 

Never thought about Warrior Finland and the connection there. Anyone know the story of Montreal hockey sticks, was that somehow an offshoot of the Titan brand? X Employees? Disgruntled under study? ETC.

Also, did Titan do the first foam core?

Archived