Best Goalie Shop in Montreal?

stackem30

My wife and I are driving up to Montreal for the long weekend, and I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the direction of a good goalie store in the area. I'm hoping to have a little down time to poke around, and since I'll have my car, I wouldn't have to worry about shipping any purchases back, etc.

I know there's a Goalie Monkey in Montreal, but we have one a bit south of Boston that I've been to plenty of times. I was imaging something a little more "mom and pop", an old faithful with some cool gear. Am I just dreaming up some naive American fantasy of what a hockey store around Montreal might be like? Quite possibly... but let me know if there's a store that's worth checking out. Thanks!

8 hours ago, stackem30 said:

My wife and I are driving up to Montreal for the long weekend, and I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the direction of a good goalie store in the area. I'm hoping to have a little down time to poke around, and since I'll have my car, I wouldn't have to worry about shipping any purchases back, etc.

I know there's a Goalie Monkey in Montreal, but we have one a bit south of Boston that I've been to plenty of times. I was imaging something a little more "mom and pop", an old faithful with some cool gear. Am I just dreaming up some naive American fantasy of what a hockey store around Montreal might be like? Quite possibly... but let me know if there's a store that's worth checking out. Thanks!

Stackem

GM in Montreal the service is bad - however good selection 

I would recommend the Source for sports in Granby Quebec - the dept. manager (Andrew) is very knowledgeable and they have a pretty good selection

You might want to also visit Goalie King - good selection service average

That's about it!

I posted this in the Protechsport thread, and I'll delete this whole thread once it's done, but in case someone sees it here instead/first:

I was debating stopping by Michel's shop to get fitted molded for a Protechsport. I've always wanted one, and who knows how long Michel will be making them. It's one of those things that I would absolutely kick myself over if I were to lose my chance to have one.

I was just in the middle of emailing him about stopping by, but I wanted to come here first and see what the protocol was. Does he work weekends? Does he create molds for customers, or is that something you're supposed to handle yourself? I just don't want to be inconsiderate and write him an email asking if I can come by and have him do a mold if that's not how things work, etc.

Please let me know, thanks!

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

I posted this in the Protechsport thread, and I'll delete this whole thread once it's done, but in case someone sees it here instead/first:

I was debating stopping by Michel's shop to get fitted molded for a Protechsport. I've always wanted one, and who knows how long Michel will be making them. It's one of those things that I would absolutely kick myself over if I were to lose my chance to have one.

I was just in the middle of emailing him about stopping by, but I wanted to come here first and see what the protocol was. Does he work weekends? Does he create molds for customers, or is that something you're supposed to handle yourself? I just don't want to be inconsiderate and write him an email asking if I can come by and have him do a mold if that's not how things work, etc.

Please let me know, thanks!

Yes shoot him an email - I typically have seen him on weekends! I would recommended asking him if he can see you on Sat around 9h00 - 10h00 AM

You won't need a mold if you visit his shop - he will slap a sample mask on you head and figure out which mask he would recommend that's how we did it for my sons mask.

Highly recommend you get your email out asap!

10 hours ago, Big2 said:

Yes shoot him an email - I typically have seen him on weekends! I would recommended asking him if he can see you on Sat around 9h00 - 10h00 AM

You won't need a mold if you visit his shop - he will slap a sample mask on you head and figure out which mask he would recommend that's how we did it for my sons mask.

Highly recommend you get your email out asap!

Excellent, I'll write him now! Thank you, Big2

Also kind of glad that I wouldn't need to make a face mold. Sounded kind of fun, but I'm also a bit of a claustrophobe... 

Archived