Goalieinneed

Beefing up a chesty

Depends on what your capability with sewing is and your budget?

I bought an old Brian's unit in college to mess with. I found that Yoga mat foam worked well and was very cheap. You can get one at 5 Below for $5 or less 

depending on where you are connecting it, zip ties and/or fabric glue can work well. 

I also made a "heart guard" from plexiglass, zip ties, and the foam 

Lots of options @Goalieinneed. Probably best to define what you're looking to reinforce then start searching new C/A models that fit your playing style and check out what materials are being used and how. From there amazon etc is your best friend for bulk(ish) materials, that and some minor sewing skills.

i want to buff up whats in green i think its because my floaters are sagging which in turn is messing up what is circled in green

so what should i do?

2017-10-08-PHOTO-00005798.jpg

I used those foam floor tiles to beef up my pants, it worked great, I’d imagine it would work great with a chesty too.

i went to amazon and found foams but i have no clue if they are the density i need. does anyone have links to foams they have used to mod your chesty. 

Edited by Goalieinneed
  • Confused 1

If you have a set thigh boards, it will fix a lot of your problems. I will explain and post some pics tomorrow afternoon, I need sleep now, played 2.5 Hrs this afternoon and play tomorrow morning for 2 Hrs.

Football thigh pads work really well for beefing up the arms.  They are precurved and youth models will fit the bicep area well.  You can punch a couple holes in them and lace them in or use some strong velcro.  Otherwise I would get medium density foam around 3/8", EVA is usually pretty cheap.

The thigh boards are laced to the elbow floater part of the beef up kit (Simmons 999) but I have punched holes in other C/A's elbow floaters and laced them in that way. The thigh boards push the shoulder cap up and out a little and the shoulder cap will push the shoulder floater out a bit. The few cm of "dead space" this creates helps a lot to dissipate  the energy from the impact

DSCF0633.JPG

DSCF0635.JPG

DSCF0634.JPG

DSCF0637.JPG