Gear Storage - Home Locker

BadAngle41

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Gotcha.  I think I go a little overboard with mine.

I'd like to have something nicer but I bought this for my player gear when we still lived in a condo. We don't own this house but once we move this spring to our own house the garage is going to be nice :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some vacation time to burn through before the end of the year... going to hit up the hardware store and replace the solid shelves with wire ones for improved ventilation in the closet. I'll take some before and afters. While the fan exhausts the stink and promotes air circulation it could be better.

4 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I have some vacation time to burn through before the end of the year... going to hit up the hardware store and replace the solid shelves with wire ones for improved ventilation in the closet. I'll take some before and afters. While the fan exhausts the stink and promotes air circulation it could be better.

It'll be loads better.

If you look back at my picture, underneath the jerseys on the right are some wood planks. Those used to be the shelving before I replaced them with wire shelving.

The difference in drying time was about 2x, and I don't have a fancy shmancy fan.

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It'll be loads better.

If you look back at my picture, underneath the jerseys on the right are some wood planks. Those used to be the shelving before I replaced them with wire shelving.

The difference in drying time was about 2x, and I don't have a fancy shmancy fan.

HA... I should expect a 3x improvement in drying time then.

My gear locker I just finished up below. Picked up a MDF cabinet from the ReStore (great place, check it out!) and altered it a bit for my gear. Put in a wire shelf I had for drying. Fits everything other than my ball hockey pads and sticks. I have a couple fans and a small heater on a timer for speedy drying. Definitely better than stuffing it all in the spare broom closet it was residing in previously!

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

On 2017-10-11 at 10:01 AM, BadAngle41 said:

As promised @MTH and @Doobiesnax... gear storage at my house...

First we have sticks... Pretty simple. Kept out in the garage. I used Kobalt storage rails and 4 of their L hooks tie wrapped in pairs. Just so happened to fit the width of a stick perfectly and the knobs let them dangle.

59de198abeaae_Store01.thumb.jpg.cc824607aeb927d2f36d08d0d3ab1eff.jpg     IMG_2162.thumb.JPG.b8aca686fe35715171dfb1f3022b5826.JPG

Before I talk about about the rest of my gear, let me say that I do have more than a touch of OCD, and that my wife has embraced that about me. When we built our house the architect initially had a sizable coat closet in the mud room. I nixed that real quick and said we needed to use that space for 2 closets... a smaller coat closet and a hockey closet. As the build went on I sent the carpenters dimensions for each shelf and made sure they threw in a vet fan wired to a timer. Now when I get home I don't have to lug my stuff up and down stairs... racking my bag against a wall and marking it up... just empty my gear in the closet... set the timer... close the door and head to bed. This setup keeps the gear inside where it belongs... and without any adverse odors. It's really a win for the whole family. Only thing I might be changing over the winter is throwing in some wire shelving instead of the solid wood. Provide more more airflow.

59de1f78cbfb2_Store02.thumb.jpg.5d1e74173779f881f09949dc2dcf0eee.jpg     59de236b58ad1_Store07.thumb.jpg.de0252a28a16b3db230432983d5db489.jpg      59de227e4be2b_Store06.thumb.jpg.24aba6a17f94055d3104e8dfb1d3d5f5.jpg

What do you guys think? Anyone have a nice setup they'd like to share?

How much did this cost?I want

I honestly never thought of a thread like this, but it’s such a great thread full of great ideas. So I figured I’d join the club and show off my equipment room/moms laundry room?it’s more like I get one half she gets the other but whatever?so I use the classic wire Rubbermaid shelves from Home Depot, when we bought the house it came with the wall mounts installed so I just picked up a few more shelves and brackets and customized it...on the far right I have my sticks, my two game sticks furthest to the right, and misc broken and/or small sticks on the right.  On the top shelf I obviously have my gloves and blocker and mask. Below I have my skates hanging, my insoles, knee guards, and the jock that is a painful piece of shit...to the left on the same shelf I have my dry land runners and a foam roller. Below I have my chest and pants hanging, and to the left of those I have baskets with designates uses (clean under armour, under armour that I don’t really use, extra straps and pieces to everything and anything, as well as extra hockey socks and other baskets of random pieces of hockey stuff...on the far bottom left I have my jerseys hanging, to the right I obviously have my pads and my big sack (I believe a Bauer premium goalie carry bag).on the other side of the room(about 5-7 feet in front of my gear) I have one of those standard fans that blows directly on my gear. sorry for the long post?

304F3815-CC22-4AC8-AB7C-7F59583DDF29.jpeg

9AC7D3A9-7247-43C1-817F-12362928F1AA.jpeg

F8DBA71E-DC4E-451D-9BBC-20F1D6B2A128.jpeg

On 2017-10-11 at 10:50 AM, BadAngle41 said:

I like it! That's the type of wire shelves I'm looking to throw in the closet. It's has decent airflow now... but those would certainly help. Also on the basket tower tip... do you get guys on your team who need a hone stone, sweet stick, screw driver, knife, etc and are constantly shocked that it's the goalie who has them? I mean we have to rely on ourselves when a piece of gear acts up. They don't just need us to stop an occasional puck and drink some of their beer... we're like a swiss army knife in the locker room too. 

Haha so true?when one of the guys need something all eyes go to me and my little howies goodie bag of everything and anything?it’s amazing how much you can fit in one of those howies accessories bags?

Archived