Gear Storage - Home Locker

BadAngle41

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Znowleopard said:

looks good but maybe a little expensive ahah

But you can sell your old bag and drying rack to offset cost ;)

Seriously though, a fan and dehumidifier should work pretty well.

I once bought a PVC dry rack off of ebay that had holes punched in the ends and some side of the tubes and came with a little fan that plugged into the base. Supposed to work like that bag does, but the fan broke in about a week. Still use the rack though

^^^^

Option1: Fan and dehumidifier are best. I try to avoid heat to dry my gear. Maybe pick up a HEPA filter for the room as well... not sure how well it work to keep the stink down... but would help reduce the bacteria flying around in the room w/ the fan blowing on your gear. 

Option2: Start some serious anti-social behaviors. Make it so uncomfortable for your roommate that he requests to move out... AND deter anyone else from living with you in the future. True you'll have to maintain this level of anti-social behaviors outside of the dorm room for quite some time... but once you have the place to yourself you can act totally normal when alone.

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

^^^^

Option1: Fan and dehumidifier are best. I try to avoid heat to dry my gear. Maybe pick up a HEPA filter for the room as well... not sure how well it work to keep the stink down... but would help reduce the bacteria flying around in the room w/ the fan blowing on your gear. 

Option2: Start some serious anti-social behaviors. Make it so uncomfortable for your roommate that he requests to move out... AND deter anyone else from living with you in the future. True you'll have to maintain this level of anti-social behaviors outside of the dorm room for quite some time... but once you have the place to yourself you can act totally normal when alone.

absolutely thanks  option 2 is my best bet

21 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Fan and dehumidifier and get a good spray.  This is what I do and you can't even smell anything in a room that is smaller than a dorm room.  Let the gear dry with the fan and dehumidifier and then once dry use your spray of choice.  Let that dry at its own pace. 

@SaveByRichter35 Question: what do you use for spray?  Haven't found one that didn't just made it smell like perfumed hockey stench!

13 minutes ago, Math. said:

@SaveByRichter35 Question: what do you use for spray?  Haven't found one that didn't just made it smell like perfumed hockey stench!

If you were on the old GSBB you might remember HandyAndy.  He sells the gear spray that I use.  You can find him on Facebook under Mr Fresh gear de-stink.  I'm not sure what his other social media accounts are but his email is freshsportsspray@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Every time you dolled out a slashing... an angel got its wings... and you got another stick for your shelf. NICE WORK!!

Haha thanks! Honestly I've just collected them from the rink I rarely break sticks myself way too expensive lol

On 1/13/2018 at 9:08 AM, Jukka Ropponen said:

Finally finished the setup at the garage for my own gear. Used 2 rough sample stalls from IcePro that I finished. Nice to have gear organized finally.

5a5a1102e492d_2018-01-1313_26_56.thumb.jpg.89a2e072a7d25333da7a7f1d694ca224.jpg

2018-01-13 13.26.15.jpg

2018-01-13 13.26.40.jpg

Exactly the kind of set-up I want for myself, make me feel like a pro :D .

@Jukka Ropponen  on a side note, how you liking the Mckenney 890 c/a? Think you can give a quick review on its own sometime?

I use this spray that hunters use to remove human scent.  Make sure you get the neutral scent kind, not the deer urine kind.  You don't make that mistake twice.

In all seriousness, i spray it down after every use and have a fan on it to dry out the wet.  Works like a charm, gear doesn't smell.  Gloves get sprayed down and then put on a Peet's dryer (cool air).

Archived