Piranha Peg - New Net Peg

Joe Messina

Goalies, just wanted to spread the word about our new net peg that we just released a few weeks ago, the Piranha Peg.

With over 240 sets sold and currently used by 12 NHL teams in practice and 6 NCAA teams, this product is gaining a GREAT reputation in just a few short weeks. 

Cost is $75.00 per set (good for 1 net)

Check out our website and let me know if you have any further questions.  

piranha-descriptive-image.png

piranha-descriptive-image_2.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2017 at 11:43 AM, IPv6Freely said:

I honestly don't understand how these work. The spikes make it look like they'd be solid in the ice, not coming out at all. 

Hope all is well. The spikes are designed to hold for goaltender post play and integration into the post during their rapid movements however the peg is made short for it to dislodge on impact. If you go to our website, www.piranhapeg.com you can see a ton of video on our FAQ page. Hope this helps. 

Peg4.png

On 10/21/2017 at 4:47 PM, IPv6Freely said:

No complaints from the facilities guys at the rinks about making holes for the spikes? Or does the zamboni fill them?

I imagine the holes get filled by both snow and the Zamboni. 

However- I could see a few facility guys not liking the look of the spikes. One facility guy in particular I know would have a cow if he saw these...

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

@Joe Messina My question is how to prevent the spike from poking a hole in my bag; is there a carry case? I am about *this* close to buying these.

We just approved our packaging however the spikes wont poke a hole in your bag and come with foam spike covers anyways but we will have packaging to put them in a few days.

On 10/21/2017 at 4:47 PM, IPv6Freely said:

No complaints from the facilities guys at the rinks about making holes for the spikes? Or does the zamboni fill them?

Nope, it fills in super easy, not an issue. Bigger issue is the cut marks in the crease and around the posts made by skates. 

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I imagine the holes get filled by both snow and the Zamboni. 

However- I could see a few facility guys not liking the look of the spikes. One facility guy in particular I know would have a cow if he saw these...

Facility guys love these as they don't rip the top of the nets anymore and sag the nets. Ask your rink guy how much a new net costs went hey have to buy new ones and guess what spot is messed up the most on a net...the top. 

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Same here. 

Check out the videos on our FAQ page as we have some awesome footage of the net being hit at full game speed, in collisions in tight and even video of the peg coming out after use and shows how minimal the wear is around the area where the peg was in the ice. 

Link: 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@bunnyman666 - they come with foam tubes you could reuse to keep your bag safe 

@Joe Messina - I meant to ask offline, but others might have this question too... are these game safe or only for practice? 

USA doesn't have a particular peg that is sanctioned. See the USA hockey rule statement below, section B. 

IMG_8375.thumb.jpg.96b6cf779a2c2cb0d88cea13b7c687d0.jpgIMG_8375.thumb.jpg.96b6cf779a2c2cb0d88cea13b7c687d0.jpg

Great looking product. Would love to try it out.

I have had exactly one game with a properly-pegged net and its is amazing how much different post-play is with something to push off of. If you want to know what its like, try reverse VHing against the wall and push off with your back foot...

My concern would be that I would want to buy a pair of your pegs and take them with me to the opposite net every period and bring to every practice - would be tough to get used to that level of stability then have to deal with the terrible steel nipples the rink provides.

@Joe Messina Do you offer package deals to rinks? The government-run rinks around here are going to be tough to convince to buy these (government procurement rules apply to everything, yes, even goal pegs) but there are some private rinks around here and I would love to see them buy sets for their nets!  

3 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Great looking product. Would love to try it out.

I have had exactly one game with a properly-pegged net and its is amazing how much different post-play is with something to push off of. If you want to know what its like, try reverse VHing against the wall and push off with your back foot...

My concern would be that I would want to buy a pair of your pegs and take them with me to the opposite net every period and bring to every practice - would be tough to get used to that level of stability then have to deal with the terrible steel nipples the rink provides.

@Joe Messina Do you offer package deals to rinks? The government-run rinks around here are going to be tough to convince to buy these (government procurement rules apply to everything, yes, even goal pegs) but there are some private rinks around here and I would love to see them buy sets for their nets!  

Thanks for writing. I would speak to your rink as we offer 2 sets (good for 2 nets for $150.00) plus shipping. We have 23 rinks that have changed in just 5 weeks and closing in on 300 sets sold. if you like, I can send you some fliers to pass on to them. We just locked down another USHL team today as well. Check out our website for a ton of info and videos. www.piranhapeg.com

piranha-descriptive-image.png

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

Would be interested to see how these fair. Can't tell you how many times I've kicked off the post, only to kick the net off, and then have to defend myself because the other team assumed "he just kicked the net off to get a whistle!"

"and...?" haha

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of the 8 winners from Their instagram contest they ran a few weeks ago. I have used the pegs in every game/skate since I received them, they work awesome. They anchor the net so that you can push off of them with power and the net stays secure but if someone crashes the net they will let go. 

Archived