Custom Passau Sticks

IPv6Freely

Does anyone know if there are any identifying marks on custom Passau sticks that would allow them to look up the exact specs? I ordered one from @cwarnar on here but I recall him saying the curve was custom. I'd like to know the exact specs of those sticks so I can either a) buy a custom 3-pack or at least b) buy something close from their stock store.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Does anyone know if there are any identifying marks on custom Passau sticks that would allow them to look up the exact specs? I ordered one from @cwarnar on here but I recall him saying the curve was custom. I'd like to know the exact specs of those sticks so I can either a) buy a custom 3-pack or at least b) buy something close from their stock store.

Mine have lot numbers on them (I think.) Maybe if you send it over to them and get back to you. 

Older batch...

053B01BB-4839-4365-8ACE-57FA3DD107C0.thumb.jpeg.16ad9de1cc8d0557529bbb5b208944fa.jpeg

Newer batch...

2F4C06B2-FC84-4D6A-B869-F284ADC21021.thumb.jpeg.43677a12337456b08ca108c1da2f9728.jpeg

49 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Nope. Copied my warrior

Sorry that's what I meant. I know they can copy other sticks :) 

I've been using a Warrior Quick for a long time but I really like this Rask curve. It's a bit ridiculous. 

Do you happen to know the rest of the specs? Paddle and shaft length as ordered? I know you sent me actual physical measurements but do you know what the lengths were on the order form? They seem an inch higher in the paddle than my Warrior 26", but because of the grip shape it compensates for it. 

31 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Sorry that's what I meant. I know they can copy other sticks :) 

I've been using a Warrior Quick for a long time but I really like this Rask curve. It's a bit ridiculous. 

Do you happen to know the rest of the specs? Paddle and shaft length as ordered? I know you sent me actual physical measurements but do you know what the lengths were on the order form? They seem an inch higher in the paddle than my Warrior 26", but because of the grip shape it compensates for it. 

I don't but Tim might... I have the shaft a bit longer as I loved the Montreal 9000 - Kipper spec.  The Rask Warrior sticks were a close clone to the Montreal.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'm liking Option 4... little different. I have an open DM out to @GoalieTimmy33 regarding Heavy 21 vs. Composite shaft... which are you thinking for this batch?

The black outline seems to be the more traditional option but I agree with you that the white outline looks different. Keep in mind these are going with Blackhawks colorways.

I plan to do standard wood shaft. I'd like to try a comp shaft but I'd prefer to get my hands on one to try first. Composite sticks are garbage so putting any composite in my stick at all worries me.

I'm going to try to see if they still have record of @cwarnar's specs because that's the stick I'm using now and love the size, curve, and paddle shape. 

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

The black outline seems to be the more traditional option but I agree with you that the white outline looks different. Keep in mind these are going with Blackhawks colorways.

I plan to do standard wood shaft. I'd like to try a comp shaft but I'd prefer to get my hands on one to try first. Composite sticks are garbage so putting any composite in my stick at all worries me.

I'm going to try to see if they still have record of @cwarnar's specs because that's the stick I'm using now and love the size, curve, and paddle shape. 

Email @GoalieTimmy33 I know he'll still have my spec sheet... Glad you love them!!!

And I like option 3

Anyone have experience with Passau's composite shaft and can share your thoughts? I've only used Heavy 21 and Regular. Would like the weight reduction aspect, but that's really all I would get out of. My only concern is that i tend to tap my posts and I see how it dings up wood shafts and wondering how composite will fair.

For what this review is worth my experiences with the 2 batches I have purchased...

1st Purchase

Specs: 27.5" Heavy 21 Shaft,  27.5" Regular Flex Paddle, C1 Curve, Clear Coat on shaft, paddle Matte Black with Gloss Black Logo outline. (Paint did not turn out as expected and Hugo spotted me a 25% discount on my next batch.)

Review: SUPER durable. Combination of Heavy 21 Shaft and Regular Paddle Flex, makes for a VERY whippy stick. I couldn't break these things, they'd bend but not break. Black paint on paddle also keeps the puck marks away. The demise came in the form of delamination of the heal. Typical wear. Still using last one of the batch now.

2nd Purchase

Specs: 28.5" Regular Shaft (Carbon Reinforced), 28.5" Extra Stiff (Carbon Reinforced) Paddle Flex, C1 Curve, Clear Coat on both shaft & Paddle, Black Logo outline and Bronze Logo inline. (I did end up shaving these down to match my previous purchase after about 2 months of use.)

Review: Slightly less durable in that as mentioned previously I tend to tap my posts and delamination was an issue on the top of the shaft as well as the typical wear noticed on the heal of the blade. Slightly more vibration compared to the previous batch as the carbon reinforcements do make it more stiff. 2 have broke where the paddle and shaft meet. Still using the last one of this batch as well.

Real takeaway for me is that I guess I just don't like the splintering that occurs with the carbon/fiberglass reinforcement. While it adds rigidity, the propensity to delaminate and splinter far faster than the Heavy 21 wears would push me to just get another Heavy 21 set (assuming I don't go for Composite Shaft.) Maybe it's just me though. Also I don't know the cost, but wouldn't mind seeing Passau implement a Warrior-esque urethane bumper sole. 

IMG_2161.JPG                         IMG_2164.JPG 

On 12/19/2017 at 11:42 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Which one looks better?

03.thumb.png.c855ea149dba49103b03adc720da8e76.png04.thumb.png.67a800ebb875ebfd565c943e429934b7.png

Will they do a two tone logo like that now?  When I ordered mine they couldn't do that.  Also, make sure you ask for clear, if you like that on your sticks.  When I ordered mine I didn't know what cleat meant and just ignored it.  Its the clear coat they spray on the wood to help against splintering.  I started wrapping my shafts with clear packing tape to alleviate that problem as well as make it smoother for my blocker.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Will they do a two tone logo like that now?  When I ordered mine they couldn't do that.  Also, make sure you ask for clear, if you like that on your sticks.  When I ordered mine I didn't know what cleat meant and just ignored it.  Its the clear coat they spray on the wood to help against splintering.  I started wrapping my shafts with clear packing tape to alleviate that problem as well as make it smoother for my blocker.

Yea they can now. That’s what had held me back from buying for a long time. They started doing it mid 2017 or so.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:56 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Not sure which I’d prefer... 

As I wrote up my review above, I realized that I wanted Heavy 21 in the next set. Super durable and no fiberglass to crack and splinter into my palm. I’d need to get a food scale to weigh the two for an accurate comparison, but just by feel I’d say they about the same. 

I went ahead and ordered some Heavy 21 on Monday. All black, gold logo outline. It’s not high technology, but they do the job, do it well, and do it for a while. Doesn’t leave any room for complaints. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived