Custom Passau Sticks

IPv6Freely

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I basically just used @cwarnar's specs because I'm currently using one of the ones he was selling and I like it. They pulled up his old order sheet and basically just changed colors. 

Glad it worked for you.  I love my 1S but if I ever go back to foam core Passau are the best 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Thanks! I have no intention of ever trying composite again so I'll be sticking to Passau going forward :D 

Cheers to that. After waffling between what to get for my next set of twigs I realized that the feel and durability of Passau's sticks are just what I like. I'm not in a place anymore where a couple of grams will make a difference between a save and a goal... it's just my positioning and control. Most of us are in leagues that have a tendency to defy logic and physics... all you can do is play solid positioning and call anything less than 3 goals let in a shutout.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

It's been 9 weeks so they should be here any day now, I would guess! 

Ordered mine on Dec. 20... just arrived today. I didn't really start the clock on them until the new year... but took about 11 weeks to get mine. I chalk it up to the holidays. It's the first batch that has taken this long.

Sticks finally arrived... took Black Tape Banditry to another level...

FOAM CORE WOOD SHAFT

COLOR SHAFT : BLACK 
COLOR PADDLE : BLACK 
COLOR LOGOINLINE: NO PAINT 
COLOR LOGOOUTLINE: ANTIQUE GOLD PITTSBURGH 
SHAFT: HEAVY21 
FLEX: REGULAR 
SIDE: REGULAR 
CURVE: C6 
SIZE SHAFT : 28" 
SIZE PADDLE : 27,5" 

WEIGHT: 851g

image.thumb.png.ca75f03758552e9e5cddca9d515c346e.png image.thumb.png.c8c2c8a613ff6726b9b61a6f1c808e47.pngimage.thumb.png.d7a29dc48770e3711f38d0d91ac5f48d.png  

13 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Ordered mine on Dec. 20... just arrived today. I didn't really start the clock on them until the new year... but took about 11 weeks to get mine. I chalk it up to the holidays. It's the first batch that has taken this long.

Okay, thank you! I didn't realize that was the norm for them. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Still no shipping notification. Tomorrow makes 12 weeks since order was placed. 

Had a buddy who ordered some in the same situation... eventually exchanged emails w/ Hugo who advised they would pick up expedited shipping to him and should be on their way by the end of the week. I know they don't make them in house... not sure what the issue is on the sub tier though... overbooked... materials... man power.

• 2 weeks later...

And they’re very VERY wrong. I’m at a point where all I can do is laugh. 13 weeks and the order isn’t even close to being correct.

At least they did the colors right...

(The black stick is the one they pulled the order sheet from to use as reference - they were literally supposed to make me an identical stick, other than the paint change)

A124A490-0550-4E50-B6D8-001A6B8613C1.jpeg

DBD4A0E6-65BF-47E5-81CE-F910FAD96818.jpeg

39C066F6-D299-4D28-B154-290AE9D95FB2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

Wow that is brutal. How can they screw up that bad if they are using  your original order sheet ?

Maybe they mixed up my order with somebody else? Though it does have my name stamped on them so who knows. I'm at a total loss. 

22 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Maybe they mixed up my order with somebody else? Though it does have my name stamped on them so who knows. I'm at a total loss. 

If it makes you feel any better (likely it won’t) my buddy’s sticks arrived this week too after 13 weeks. Paint job is pretty bad and they didn’t even put a Passau logo on the back of the paddle (see below.)

Hoping my custom C/A gets more attention at quality control than this recent batch of sticks...

A6148137-CFB9-4E4B-BAD0-9403C1890F9C.thumb.jpeg.80447b88f40e2738b7059378b0e65a67.jpegy

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

@IPv6Freely... follow up to my buddy's situation... Jesse Chalmers at Passau understands making things right... to paraphrase his reply...

"Keep the sticks. I will order a new set for you." 

Delayed shipment compounded with errors still sucks... but they do have great customer service.

I mean, their damage control is good, I'd expect higher than fixing mistakes for "good customer service".

I'm trying to keep my opinion in check about Passau as I feel like I'm only seeing the bad, but i'm starting to get the feeling that their communication and order accuracy needs some major tweaking to get it back to snuff.

Maybe I'm less brand loyal as some guys here, but if I went through what @IPv6Freelyhas gone through, I'd abandon ship.

19 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

If it makes you feel any better (likely it won’t) my buddy’s sticks arrived this week too after 13 weeks. Paint job is pretty bad and they didn’t even put a Passau logo on the back of the paddle (see below.)

Hoping my custom C/A gets more attention at quality control than this recent batch of sticks...

A6148137-CFB9-4E4B-BAD0-9403C1890F9C.thumb.jpeg.80447b88f40e2738b7059378b0e65a67.jpegy

What the actual fuck? How does that even happen??

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@IPv6Freely any updates?  That is some kind of garbage and I expect better from Passau...

I haven't heard anything. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

@IPv6Freely... follow up to my buddy's situation... Jesse Chalmers at Passau understands making things right... to paraphrase his reply...

"Keep the sticks. I will order a new set for you." 

Delayed shipment compounded with errors still sucks... but they do have great customer service.

Lucky him getting such a quick response. I'm still waiting, though granted it's still monday morning. As for the customer service, I've seen both good and bad. The crap I took for asking them to fix my pads was at one end of the scale, and the giving me store credit towards a stick pack because of the bag falling apart is at the other end. 

Just a general lack of communication annoys me too. I prodded weekly asking for an update after I got to about the 8 week mark. Then at 13 weeks the sticks just show up. Where was the tracking number I asked for countless times and was promised? 

34 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, their damage control is good, I'd expect higher than fixing mistakes for "good customer service".

I'm trying to keep my opinion in check about Passau as I feel like I'm only seeing the bad, but i'm starting to get the feeling that their communication and order accuracy needs some major tweaking to get it back to snuff.

Maybe I'm less brand loyal as some guys here, but if I went through what @IPv6Freelyhas gone through, I'd abandon ship.

Well you saw what happened with my pads, and my backpack bag. I'm going to have a hard time moving away from using their gloves but I don't think I'd order anything else from them in the future, unfortunately. Their C/A is amazing but at this point I'd be worried about getting two left arms or something. I do love their stuff but man, all I can do at this point is shake my head. 

26 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I agree on the damage control piece... and I should have phrased it that way. I will say however that my experience with them generally speaking has been great. They outsource the stick manufacturing and it seems to be a great opportunity for more oversight... but what they manufacture in house has been great communication thus far.

1 minute ago, BadAngle41 said:

I agree on the damage control piece... and I should have phrased it that way. I will say however that my experience with them generally speaking has been great. They outsource the stick manufacturing and it seems to be a great opportunity for more oversight... but what they manufacture in house has been great communication thus far.

IMG_1899.thumb.JPG.dc12c0296c225497176b234234ed3659.JPG

They said their QA was being overhauled after this. I'm starting to wonder if that ended up happening. 

Just now, BadAngle41 said:

I can't argue that. Counting down the days for my C/A and hoping I don't get two left arms like you said. HA

Hah! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sure the mistakes aren't nearly as common as they appear. They just all seem to happen to me :crying:

8 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Well you saw what happened with my pads, and my backpack bag. I'm going to have a hard time moving away from using their gloves but I don't think I'd order anything else from them in the future, unfortunately. Their C/A is amazing but at this point I'd be worried about getting two left arms or something. I do love their stuff but man, all I can do at this point is shake my head. 

Yea, you've been their largest fan on this website and you've had a few duds come your way. I was just curious to see where you stood now. lol

6 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

For sure, that's why I said I wanted to try to keep it in check. You don't generally hear the good, but always the bad.

And outsourcing like that definitely leads to more avenues for communication breakdown, doesn't mean it's acceptable to leave customers in the dark. Even if Passau can't get that information, transparency is far more appreciated than complete silence.

Archived