Custom Passau Sticks

IPv6Freely

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I’d just want it to where I could have the logo if I wanted; but as I recall you don’t have any right?

Nah mine are actually correct when it comes to the logos. Just the size (I guess, since they apparently don't do special paddle shapes anymore anyway). 

11 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Just get your money back from.the screwed up order and do what you did to the screwed up ones they sent you. No point in another order if your going to do that work to them your self.

They want me to send them the bad ones back (at their expense). I guess I could just ask for them to refund some of it and keep them? 

59 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

This brings up another point though. If I'm shaving down the whole thing anyway, why have the sticks totally remade at all? I can shorten the paddle length myself, no? 

6 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Nah mine are actually correct when it comes to the logos. Just the size (I guess, since they apparently don't do special paddle shapes anymore anyway). 

They want me to send them the bad ones back (at their expense). I guess I could just ask for them to refund some of it and keep them? 

I shaved down a foam core Warrior and a Sherwood I had to match the peddle lengths on my Passau sticks... use the Warrior and Sherwood as beaters for pick up skates etc. So yes certainly an option to do it all yourself. The whole "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" comes into play on this for me when it comes to Passau's stick delivery lately... but sounds like you're going to modify the grip on anything you get anyway.

19 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

How come the guy Badangles41 knows got to keep his that they screwed up and they are still going to send him new ones but you have to send yours back ? To me that doesn't seem right.

12 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I shaved down a foam core Warrior and a Sherwood I had to match the peddle lengths on my Passau sticks... use the Warrior and Sherwood as beaters for pick up skates etc. So yes certainly an option to do it all yourself. The whole "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" comes into play on this for me when it comes to Passau's stick delivery lately... but sounds like you're going to modify the grip on anything you get anyway.

Yeah, exactly. If I have to modify it anyway, why bother with a whole new order? 

Just now, Snowman30 said:

How come the guy Badangles41 knows got to keep his that they screwed up and they are still going to send him new ones but you have to send yours back ? To me that doesn't seem right.

Shrug. I have no idea. 

I would bring that up with them and ask them why he got that but you have to send them back. If anything the should at least refund you half, if not more of your money for the order if you decide to keep them. They have already told you that you can not get the grip you want now from that orignal order and how long would a new batch take ? 

4 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I would bring that up with them and ask them why he got that but you have to send them back. If anything the should at least refund you half, if not more of your money for the order if you decide to keep them. They have already told you that you can not get the grip you want now from that orignal order and how long would a new batch take ? 

It looks like they actually changed the times on their website whenever they went and removed the custom paddle options (I can't believe the factory wouldn't have told them they were no longer capable of doing that?!). 8-12 weeks for a standard order. He said they would "rush" the order though, whatever that actually means. 

So I sent an email:

So here's what I think I'm going to do. Since I'm going to have to modify the paddle myself now anyway, it shouldn't be a problem for me to shave these down 1-1.5" or so. So rather than you guys absorbing the cost of both a new set of sticks and having to pay for return shipping on these three, maybe I'll just hang on to these and try to get them to where I want them to be myself. 

So with that concession in mind, is it fair to ask for at least a partial refund? 

Please let me know what you think.

3 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

They shouldn't be asking for them back, nor only refunding a portion of it.

@IPv6Freely placed an order with certain spec points that were agreed upon by both parties. This is on Passau for not fulfilling their end of the contract. Considering the amount of errors IPV6 has gone through with dealing with Passau, you'd assume the guys there would be super apologetic and willing to just waive the potential costs of the sticks to ensure some sort of customer satisfaction.

Man, IPV6, I would've bailed on these guys ages ago. You're far more patient than I am. lol.

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They shouldn't be asking for them back, nor only refunding a portion of it.

@IPv6Freely placed an order with certain spec points that were agreed upon by both parties. This is on Passau for not fulfilling their end of the contract. Considering the amount of errors IPV6 has gone through with dealing with Passau, you'd assume the guys there would be super apologetic and willing to just waive the potential costs of the sticks to ensure some sort of customer satisfaction.

Man, IPV6, I would've bailed on these guys ages ago. You're far more patient than I am. lol.

I like their gloves too much :( But no plans to buy anything else (besides gloves) from them in the future, for sure. 

Next set will have to have a custom graphic just so I can get a Passau glove and Brian's everything else and still have it match. 

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I like their gloves too much :( But no plans to buy anything else (besides gloves) from them in the future, for sure. 

Next set will have to have a custom graphic just so I can get a Passau glove and Brian's everything else and still have it match. 

You know to be a true beer leaguer, you need to have mismatched gear right? :P

Yea, I don't want to drop Passau as a potential vendor completely. I'm still interested in their C/A and that seems to be one of items they offer that has had almost zero negative reviews.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, I don't want to drop Passau as a potential vendor completely. I'm still interested in their C/A and that seems to be one of items they offer that has had almost zero negative reviews.

Mismatched gear? NEVER.

Their C/A is FANTASTIC. I wouldn't hesitate to go that route as you're right, I've never heard a bad word about them. And my order was... mostly smooth with that. They made a mistake there, too but I've never actually told anyone about that one. :) 

31 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am now convinced that I will NEVER. deal with Passau...

Not to discount the troubles that IPv6Freely has had, but I've personally never had any issue with anything ordered from Passau. The Chest Protector I ordered was a super smooth process, and the custom work I asked for was all handled exactly how I asked. And everything was done on time or slightly ahead of schedule. 

Like I said, I'm not trying to say that issue's that IPv6Freely has dealt with should be ignored, but they seem the complete opposite to the experiences I've had. 

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I’ll tell you what- it sounds like the likelihood of getting what you asked for the first time around is pretty slim with these guys. I was hoping to look at a unit in the flesh once and every time I was supposed to meet with the guy, he either cancelled at the last minute or no showed me. I decided then and there that they were not the company for me, bought a Warrior CA and never looked back. It’s a shame ‘cos it looks like they have the potential to make wonderful things.

8 minutes ago, Puckducker said:

Not to discount the troubles that IPv6Freely has had, but I've personally never had any issue with anything ordered from Passau. The Chest Protector I ordered was a super smooth process, and the custom work I asked for was all handled exactly how I asked. And everything was done on time or slightly ahead of schedule. 

Like I said, I'm not trying to say that issue's that IPv6Freely has dealt with should be ignored, but they seem the complete opposite to the experiences I've had. 

Just like I had great experiences up to one point with Monster, there are always YMMV with experiences. My backpack bag from Passau came quickly, for example. 

But the sticks and pads experiences @IPv6Freely had as well as my personal experience trying to look at a unit has caused me to stay away from anything custom from them.

2 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Agreed. I honestly forgot that they didn't offer @IPv6Freely a simple replacement order. I mean my buddy had paint job issue (no Passau logos on the paddle) but @IPv6Freely had actual "structural" issues.

To date I've had good experiences with Passau... initial stick order was painted incorrectly (gloss black on matte black) but they rectified that with a good % off my next order. They were functionally fine and I was happy. I have a chesty on order now... and i'm anxious to see production pictures as it's pretty detailed. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Mismatched gear? NEVER.

LOL, whereas I am ALWAYS!
Vaughn pads
Brian's trapper
Heaton blocker
Brown c/a
Tackla pants
Sherwood & Christian sticks.

Too bad they no longer offer that grip option you wanted.  Nice work with the Dremel!!  Question, if you were to do that on other sticks with the paddle too long, do you worry about taking too much paddle off and losing some of the structural integrity of the transition from shaft to paddle?  ie: lean too heavy on the stick and it breaks at the transition point?  Or have it break in two when playing the puck.

20 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Just like I had great experiences up to one point with Monster, there are always YMMV with experiences. My backpack bag from Passau came quickly, for example. 

But the sticks and pads experiences @IPv6Freely had as well as my personal experience trying to look at a unit has caused me to stay away from anything custom from them.

Sticks, pads, chesty, maltese knee pads inserts, and backpack actually. The only smooth transaction I've had with them has been the knee pads! ? 

19 hours ago, Naz said:

LOL, whereas I am ALWAYS!
Vaughn pads
Brian's trapper
Heaton blocker
Brown c/a
Tackla pants
Sherwood & Christian sticks.

Too bad they no longer offer that grip option you wanted.  Nice work with the Dremel!!  Question, if you were to do that on other sticks with the paddle too long, do you worry about taking too much paddle off and losing some of the structural integrity of the transition from shaft to paddle?  ie: lean too heavy on the stick and it breaks at the transition point?  Or have it break in two when playing the puck.

We meant matching graphics, not necessarily a mix of vendors between gear. 

As for the dremel work... I don't think so. I mean, what is the difference between me shaping it with a dremel and them shaping it at the factory? Either way its the same amount of shaft exposed (giggity). 

8 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Sticks, pads, chesty, maltese knee pads inserts, and backpack actually. The only smooth transaction I've had with them has been the knee pads! ? 

We meant matching graphics, not necessarily a mix of vendors between gear. 

As for the dremel work... I don't think so. I mean, what is the difference between me shaping it with a dremel and them shaping it at the factory? Either way its the same amount of shaft exposed (giggity). 

I have shaped many a paddle, and it takes a LOT to mess up the foam. You will be fine. 

That is sad that only one transaction went smoothly...

Archived