Custom Passau Sticks

IPv6Freely

10 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have shaped many a paddle, and it takes a LOT to mess up the foam. You will be fine. 

That is sad that only one transaction went smoothly...

Definitely not worried about messing up the foam. I think he meant would exposing too much of the wood shaft cause a problem. But AFAIK the wood shaft goes through the entire length of the paddle doesnt it? So the amount exposed doesn't matter. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Definitely not worried about messing up the foam. I think he meant would exposing too much of the wood shaft cause a problem. But AFAIK the wood shaft goes through the entire length of the paddle doesnt it? So the amount exposed doesn't matter. 

Believe me on this- I reshaped a 29” Montreal stick and it has been fine as I lost 4” of paddle! 

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

Believe me on this- I reshaped a 29” Montreal stick and it has been fine as I lost 4” of paddle! 

That's what I was figuring, and I'm only taking about 3" off. Thats 2" from the mistake in sizing and about an inch just from the shaping. 

17 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Cool, that's the part I was unsure of, how much of the shaft extends into the paddle.  Thanks!

19 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

But AFAIK the wood shaft goes through the entire length of the paddle doesnt it? So the amount exposed doesn't matter. 

Yes- it goes the entire length. If/when I build a stick and do a picture story, I will show that the shaft goes all the way down.

10 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Cars will definitely destroy a foam core paddle! 

Looking good @IPv6Freely

Thanks! It's not perfectly smooth but thats because of the tiny sanding head on the dremel. I may go get a palm sander for the other two. They aren't expensive. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wut?

I left it where I shouldn't have, and she pulled in without looking and knocked a stick over and ended up running right over the blade. 

Archived