Warrior Ritual CR1 Goal Stick

IPv6Freely

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yup, that’s it. I guess if it’s on the public customizer it’s fair game!

The V1 is crazy light. The V2 (aka repainted CR1) feels like a brick in comparison. 

They will also have full right for both models. 

where did you get to try it? 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Max27 said:

where did you get to try it? 

MSH Winterfest

We get hands-on with all the 2019 gear from the various vendors. Unfortunately not usually much goalie gear there but Warrior brought their new sticks. To reiterate, we aren't allowed to take photos or discuss the products we saw at the show until the vendors have given us the go-ahead, which is usually long before they get posted to their public customizer. 

45 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Hmm... If you click "Back to Hidden Test Product" under the images, there's a V1 Pro+ stick listed too...

Looking at that the V1 Pro lines up nicely with the CR1, and the Pro+ might be the new super light model IPV6Freely saw.  Perhaps there was a name change after the event or maybe we're getting 2 new models above the current top of the line.  Either way, this is great news, as I've had a hell of a time finding a replacement for my nearly dead CR1.

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

Looking at that the V1 Pro lines up nicely with the CR1, and the Pro+ might be the new super light model IPV6Freely saw.  Perhaps there was a name change after the event or maybe we're getting 2 new models above the current top of the line.  Either way, this is great news, as I've had a hell of a time finding a replacement for my nearly dead CR1.

Yeah I honestly could be wrong about the actual model names, but I do for sure know that the new top of the line is stupid light and the second tier is a repainted CR1. 

So if you click back to the hidden product page, then click on each stick you get pricing for a brief second.  It looks like the V1 Pro + will be $870 for a 3 pack, and the V1 Pro will be $687, same as the CR1.  Given that the CR1 retailed at $200 per, you were paying roughly $30 per stick to go custom.  By that math the V1 Pro+ will come in around $260 per stick in stock colors.  Assuming it's in the neighborhood of the old Bauer 1S that should be a fair price.

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

So if you click back to the hidden product page, then click on each stick you get pricing for a brief second.  It looks like the V1 Pro + will be $870 for a 3 pack, and the V1 Pro will be $687, same as the CR1.  Given that the CR1 retailed at $200 per, you were paying roughly $30 per stick to go custom.  By that math the V1 Pro+ will come in around $260 per stick in stock colors.  Assuming it's in the neighborhood of the old Bauer 1S that should be a fair price.

Sounds about right, I think the Warrior rep told me $260 if I'm remembering correctly, "but don't quote me on that" he said too. lol

$870 for a 3-pack is reasonable for a top end stick. Now I have to decide if I buy 26" and use it as normal, or buy 27.5" and try to shave them down into my standard shape. I should probably try it with a junk composite first, I suppose.

Also, "left hand only" means regular, not full-right, correct?

On 1/4/2019 at 3:08 PM, Puckstopper said:

Right.   If you prefer the tapered shoulder look I believe CCM will do that on their custom composite sticks.  

Edit:  Found it!1312874983_CCMPIIStick.thumb.JPG.a567992ecd52346c89c6a8bfc49194ff.JPG

And the new Price curve with square toe

image.png.e927a96358163868d2db754bc96dc001.png

(not knocking the Warrior sticks by any mean, just never been this obsessed with a curve. I plan to get a V1+ at some point)

3 hours ago, thebigm said:

i would say its 1S light

It felt even lighter to me, but I also didn't have a 1S there to compare to. Compared to the CR1 it's night and day. Felt like the difference between a foam core and a composite. Crazy light.

35 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

I'm hoping they will be a little more durable than the 2S Pros. 

Being Warrior, it probably is. Warrior goal sticks across the board have always had tremendous durability, in my experience at least. 

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

It felt even lighter to me, but I also didn't have a 1S there to compare to. Compared to the CR1 it's night and day. Felt like the difference between a foam core and a composite. Crazy light.

Just for reference, here’s what I’ve found for “Pro” quality stick weights. 

Because of the price tag differences, felt it was worth noting the costs too. 2S Pro is almost lapping the field but it’s 30% more expensive... 

2S Pro - 649 G - $300 USD (26”)

1S Pro - 678 G - N/A Disc (26”)

BPM 150 - 696G - $220 (26”)

P2 - 715G - $200 (25”)

2017 True 6.0  - 724 G - N/A Disc ( 26”)

CR1 - 740G - $200 (25”) 

If the Warrior is anything under 700G, I think it would be a home run and welcome addition to the market. Unfortunately, most people don’t take Sher-Wood seriously anymore and some stiff competition would be great for Bauer and continued evolution. 

I didn't realize the CR1 was THAT heavy. The V1 Pro is going to be a home run, I would guess. The balance was unreal too, which I'm sure only adds to the feeling of lightness.

It's hard to take Sher-Wood seriously anymore now that they're a Canadian Tire brand. I'm honestly shocked they haven't become solely a "house brand" or "CT Exclusive" yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if that day comes soon. I do have a GS350 but it was garbage. Heel splintered on the first use during a friendly pickup (very little actual use). I literally only bought it because it was navy blue. 

Hey, at least Tron didn't buy the name and slap the logos on shit from china they bought from aliexpress. 

I was a big fan of Sher-Wood a few years ago when the EK line first came out. I absolutely loved the player gloves and had a demo pair. They were fantastic. The EK player sticks were also very good for the cost (EK15 was the same price as other companies top stick). I'm also a fan of their classic shoulder pads as a guy who would go without shoulder pads if I wasn't a middle-aged man who actually cares about at least some level of protection. I'm still in my Down Low shoulder pads shirt, though. (I wish they had stuck around!)

I wonder how many companies are going to start taking away material to save weight, like with the 2S Pro. I assume their specific form factor is patented but I'm sure somebody will come up with something similar. 

20 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I didn't realize the CR1 was THAT heavy. The V1 Pro is going to be a home run, I would guess. The balance was unreal too, which I'm sure only adds to the feeling of lightness.

It's hard to take Sher-Wood seriously anymore now that they're a Canadian Tire brand. I'm honestly shocked they haven't become solely a "house brand" or "CT Exclusive" yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if that day comes soon. I do have a GS350 but it was garbage. Heel splintered on the first use during a friendly pickup (very little actual use). I literally only bought it because it was navy blue. 

Hey, at least Tron didn't buy the name and slap the logos on shit from china they bought from aliexpress. 

I was a big fan of Sher-Wood a few years ago when the EK line first came out. I absolutely loved the player gloves and had a demo pair. They were fantastic. The EK player sticks were also very good for the cost (EK15 was the same price as other companies top stick). I'm also a fan of their classic shoulder pads as a guy who would go without shoulder pads if I wasn't a middle-aged man who actually cares about at least some level of protection. I'm still in my Down Low shoulder pads shirt, though. (I wish they had stuck around!)

I wonder how many companies are going to start taking away material to save weight, like with the 2S Pro. I assume their specific form factor is patented but I'm sure somebody will come up with something similar. 

It's my understanding that Sher-Wood required everyone selling their sticks to re-register as a vendor with Canadian Tire. As Canadian Tire owns Pro Hockey Life, Sport Chek, and Le Trio, most companies feel that's a direct competitor and decided not to continue with Sher-Wood. Any Sher-Wood they purchase throws money in their competitiors' pocket. That's why so many Sher-Woods were on closeout at Christmas.

I think that because retailers are leery of Sher-Wood now and there's minimal consumer demand, it will organically transform into a house brand. It's shame because I think that Sher-Wood is in the running for the best stick on the market. Just depends on what your criteria is. If you want a "foam core" feel,  it's probably not the twig for you.

That brings me back to CR1... Although CR1 is a bit heavier on the scale, it will feel like a more durable foam core to a lot of people. There's no vibration and it's not so light that you don't know where your stick is. This is why many pros still use some of the older Bauer models. This is my opinion as to why Warrior converted so many of their foam core hold out guys and took the NHL by storm last year. Many people prefer the sticks that feel more like the foam cores they are used to. Going from a Warrior foam core to a 2S Pro is just way too different for many people.

For sure a 2S Pro from any foam core is going to be a hell of a transition! I can also definitely see why you might want to stick to a heavier composite at first and gradually switch. 

I disagree with saying there's no vibration, though. The vibration was the reason I dumped the CR1 so quickly. I basically sum it up like: "It's better, but still something I'd have to get used to. But why would I WANT to get used to something that costs 3x the price?"

Archived