Imperative

game 6 for the Vikings! Most of us Vikings also play on a slow pitch team in the summer and many of the Canadians players play on our rival in ball. So there is a bit of bad blood between us, haha. We jumped on them early and got a lead and never looked back. I was really wanting to pitch a shut out but once we went up 7-0 the boys stopped skating and let them come at us. I felt like I played pretty well, made a few big stops. I have been focusing on just getting into position and being set before shots are released and I feel like it has helped me stay sharp and giving me the best chance to make saves. @Puckducker left in some of my stellar puck handling  plays. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great game! the save with your right skate @ 3:20 or so(?) was effing SICK. Looking sharp, man. New mask harness? At first I thought Cam was Helmet Cam, sorry couldn't pass it up. Btw, don't you love it when you hit one of your guys on the tape with pass and he, for whatever reason, cant or wont turn up ice?

2 hours ago, Fullright said:

great game! the save with your right skate @ 3:20 or so(?) was effing SICK. Looking sharp, man. New mask harness? At first I thought Cam was Helmet Cam, sorry couldn't pass it up. Btw, don't you love it when you hit one of your guys on the tape with pass and he, for whatever reason, cant or wont turn up ice?

That save at 3:20 was literally with my skate blade, haha. I really really wanted to shut out those guys and that save right before they scored I was a little steamed when they scored. I did put a new harness on my mask, a guy on an Alberta goalies Facebook group makes them and quite a bit cheaper than other harness set ups. I am not the best puck handling Goalie by any stretch but if I do put it right on their tape it seems inevitable that they will turn it over and I will face a high quality shot, haha. I feel like the last two games I have really been pretty sharp and not giving up anything soft, the boys have been playing really well in front of me as well, I have also gotten a lot of “run support” as well. 

changd up the camera angle for this shinny. Inside the net so you can stare at my feet for 5 minutes, haha. I always wash my jersey and under gear clothing and I forgot to throw a jersey back in my bag when I packed it so I had to borrow the other goalies Vancouver jersey. 

Great shot at 3:12!...had wind coming off of it. How did you make the grab at 4:46? Amazing how fast you move side to side.

The camera angle is nice for a one off but the ice level is hard to see how the play unfolds. Young goalies should check it out though. Outstanding demonstration of the b-fly slides and pushes.

30 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Great shot at 3:12!...had wind coming off of it. How did you make the grab at 4:46? Amazing how fast you move side to side.

The camera angle is nice for a one off but the ice level is hard to see how the play unfolds. Young goalies should check it out though. Outstanding demonstration of the b-fly slides and pushes.

I got sniped so bad on that short side shot at 3:12. Shinny doesn’t do a whole lot for your confidence, when you give up more goals in a hour than I have in the last 3 games, haha. Yeah inside the net doesn’t give you any kind of context for how a play is happening at all. I thought I would try and change it up for a shinny. 

18 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Love that angle. Really helps see the foot work. Great session - your lateral movement is really impressive. Also I want a Millionaires jersey NOW!

Thanks for the kind words. A Millionaires tribute set up would be amazing. 

43 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Cant take shinny to heart; it'll make you crazy otherwise. The Millionaires' colors are awesome. Btw, Mr. I., who makes your pants? They look protective without being a barrel. 

Haha I don’t take it to heart, I have in the past not prepared for shinnys like I do for games( stretching, foam rolling, proper warm up). I have found that I need to do a proper preparation for shinnys or I am sore afterwards. I do like shutting down my Viking teammates in the shinny’s, I left a few chirps in this past video. The pants are rbk 11k and they are fairly comfortable and mobile, they are falling apart though, they need some serious patching. 

3 hours ago, Fullright said:

Great game, man. Very set and controlled. Keep your run rolling, bud.

Thanks Fullright! Well I kept the winning rolling but I wasn’t very good on Thursday nights game or at least not nearly as sharp as I had been in these past 3 games. 

24 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I love watching you play. I feel like I'm learning a lot more about footwork from your vids and realizing just how much more work I need to put in.

Is this a real league? It looked like the Ref could barely skate and almost like he was volunteering.

Thanks for the kind words, glad my game can help you. I have learned a lot by watching other goalies and especially their training videos learning proper footwork, positioning etc. As far as the league, I live out in a small town in Alberta Canada so not an official league. We formed our team and we set up a season schedule by contacting other teams and setting up home and home games(the mavericks were an hour drive away). So there is a huge difference in skill and competition from team to team. We have a couple teams coming up that are all former JR A(Alberta junior hockey league) and some minor pros, I think that game will be a huge wake up call to us. Then we have teams that are made up of guys who barely played any organized hockey. 

17 minutes ago, Imperative said:

Thanks Fullright! Well I kept the winning rolling but I wasn’t very good on Thursday nights game or at least not nearly as sharp as I had been in these past 3 games. 

Thanks for the kind words, glad my game can help you. I have learned a lot by watching other goalies and especially their training videos learning proper footwork, positioning etc. As far as the league, I live out in a small town in Alberta Canada so not an official league. We formed our team and we set up a season schedule by contacting other teams and setting up home and home games(the mavericks were an hour drive away). So there is a huge difference in skill and competition from team to team. We have a couple teams coming up that are all former JR A(Alberta junior hockey league) and some minor pros, I think that game will be a huge wake up call to us. Then we have teams that are made up of guys who barely played any organized hockey. 

Very, very cool. Good on you all for doing this on your own. Also good luck against the Jr kids, it should be fun if not enlightening for some of your guys ;) . Keep the videos coming, I really appreciate watching you work.:headbang:

We continued out winning ways but I was not sharp at all. I worked late and got home with just enough time to pack my gear and get to the rink. Usually I get a good stretch and foam roll at home before I head to the rink, it maybe a weird goalie thing but if i don't feel physically ready I feel like it is a mental battle during the game. One goal I aim for each game is to not give up a soft goal, this game I gave up two. The first goal was a good move but like I said i wasn't really loose and couldn't stretch out to make the save. 2ND goal was a brutal one right through me, 3rd i was trying to knife it to the corner and moved my stick too quickly and it went off of my heel and in. 4th goal was a nice play but i was pissed i didn't glove it down. Like I said I wasn't sharp but it didn't matter(as far as a win) because the boys scored a ton of goals. 

3 hours ago, Fullright said:

Only goal to hang on you is the 3rd one but that happens. Pretty remarkable game especially how your pre game routine was affected by real life. I don't understand why anyone tries to deke you on a breakaway. They cant beat you that way. Good game!

Yeah the 3rd goal was brutal. I do have breakaways dialed a lot more since the start of the season. I was feeling pretty good about my game until this past, I wasn’t that sharp. 

well guys after this play I am going to be on the IR for a while. I got a concussion on the play(out cold for a minute and I don’t remember 15minutes or so after the hit)  really injured my left shoulder(landed on it) and got two stitches on the back of my head (back plate cut me when I fell on the back of my head). 

On 12/1/2017 at 12:30 PM, Imperative said:

well guys after this play I am going to be on the IR for a while. I got a concussion on the play(out cold for a minute and I don’t remember 15minutes or so after the hit)  really injured my left shoulder(landed on it) and got two stitches on the back of my head (back plate cut me when I fell on the back of my head). 

Brutal.

Did your guys at least beat the crap out of buddy?

41 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Brutal.

Did your guys at least beat the crap out of buddy?

No, the boys were quite stunned and I guess the cut in my head was bleeding fairly badly and they kind of panicked. Yeah it was a dick move for sure, he didn’t play it like he was ever going to for puck.  

Oh man Cam, that looked awful – so sorry to see this!

It’s not like me to give people the benefit of the doubt, and it’s really hard to tell, but part of me says he cut straight toward you and part wonders if it was a last second attempt to get out of the way but guessed wrong on direction. Did anyone notice his attitude afterward – i.e. apologetic and concerned or just skated away?

Please take the time to rehab properly – it’s almost Xmas, so a good time for a break and to get yourself back up and running on all cylinders.

Here’s to a quick recovery

On 12/1/2017 at 3:15 PM, Ghostender said:

Oh man Cam, that looked awful – so sorry to see this!

It’s not like me to give people the benefit of the doubt, and it’s really hard to tell, but part of me says he cut straight toward you and part wonders if it was a last second attempt to get out of the way but guessed wrong on direction. Did anyone notice his attitude afterward – i.e. apologetic and concerned or just skated away?

Please take the time to rehab properly – it’s almost Xmas, so a good time for a break and to get yourself back up and running on all cylinders.

Here’s to a quick recovery

Yeah watching it again it sure looks like he was coming for me the whole time, I was showing that I was going forhand the whole time and he didn’t seem to interested in getting the puck. I can’t say if he ever apologized as I dont remember anything after the hit until the paramedics came. 

59 minutes ago, Imperative said:

Yeah watching it again it sure looks like he was coming for me the whole time, I was showing that I was going forhand the whole time and he didn’t seem to interested in getting the puck. I can’t say if he ever apologized as I dont remember anything after the hit until the paramedics came. 

Can't you just re-watch the video to see if he stuck around or not?

I am so sorry Cam. Who cares whether he apologized? I don't see him pulling up before impact. He just has his left leg out from the offensive blue line to the collision at the top of the rings. But hey, why not crash the goalie? Cement head is skating after the puck starting below his own blue line like he's in the speed competition in the All Star game and after all that "effort" he's going to get some. Richard Cranium. Feel better Cam. Please stay in touch while you recover and you will recover.

Archived