Imperative

well first game back from Christmas, Made a few changes to some gear, I put a floating Tee skate lace pocket in my glove. I also got new step steel for my skates. I was feeling out of sorts, I wasn't feeling physically or mentally "on". The 2nd and 3rd goals were bad plays by me, but i did redeem myself in the 2nd half shutting to door and coming out with a 4-3 win. For the first time ever my suction cup mount let go of the glass and fell break one of the plastic clips so i couldn't put it back up. I tried to set it up inside the net but as you can see it was a terrible angle, haha.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on getting the win. I suspect the steps were the major contributor to you feeling off (?), and assume as you got acclimatized to them you were able to channel your "inner Cam" allowing you to curb their efforts.

On the third goal (1:45) I think your “youthful exuberance” was the source of your downfall. It appeared you were trying to get up off the ice after the rebound– if I was down on the shot, at my age there would be no way I would even think of trying to get up off the ice :D

Double 'ought Imperative? 

I thought you played pretty good and certainly had zero problems getting east to west and west to east. How did you like the floating T? Does it take away from some of the feel? Either way, the glove looked like it always does: damn sharp. Changing your wheels is always a big change...how did you like it? Are you still able to keep your weight on the balls of your feet or is that another thing that has changed like 2 on 1s? lol.

11 hours ago, Ghostender said:

Congrats on getting the win. I suspect the steps were the major contributor to you feeling off (?), and assume as you got acclimatized to them you were able to channel your "inner Cam" allowing you to curb their efforts.

On the third goal (1:45) I think your “youthful exuberance” was the source of your downfall. It appeared you were trying to get up off the ice after the rebound– if I was down on the shot, at my age there would be no way I would even think of trying to get up off the ice :D

@Ghostender and @Fullright I have always had step steel in my skates but side by side the brand new steel is 1/4” taller than the “old” step steel. It could be just re adjusting to the added height again. Yeah that third goal I could “feel coming” it was less than 15 seconds left and that 2-1 happened and I made the first save totally dropped the rebound and the guy slid it under me. I don’t know if so can blame it on my “youth” haha

4 hours ago, Fullright said:

Double 'ought Imperative? 

I thought you played pretty good and certainly had zero problems getting east to west and west to east. How did you like the floating T? Does it take away from some of the feel? Either way, the glove looked like it always does: damn sharp. Changing your wheels is always a big change...how did you like it? Are you still able to keep your weight on the balls of your feet or is that another thing that has changed like 2 on 1s? lol.

I actually really like the floating tee the puck stays in there for sure, haha. It doesn’t take away any feel for catching the idea is that it cause the pocket to have even more “give” when you catch a puck in there and preventing “pop outs”. I am still able to keep my weight forward on the new blades I just think a re adjustment the being back up that whole 1/4” haha. It is funny watching my videos back I never look the way I feel while playing, haha. I do think I was a bit sluggish moving into position but some of it may have to do with how warm the rink was and how heavy the ice was as well. My camera fell and needed up missing my best play of the game.

56 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Cam... you’re too hard on yourself... you played great... only weak one I saw was the last one... seeing eye single of sorts. 

When I play Rec, under 5 goals allowed is a solid game. 

Thanks for the kind words. The last game against these guys I was one save short of a shutout, haha. I just haven’t been myself since the concussion, my shoulder is still Bugging me, this is the third game back and I don’t feel mentally or physically “right” yet. Anytime pucks go through me I feel like it is totally on me.

A lot of those goals were on quality plays, but you also made them work for them. You made a number of great saves, but specifically 2:52 shows you still have the “old Cam” going.

If you are still suffering from the injury, your game is going to suffer at some level. That said, I don’t think your physical game is an issue, I suspect you just need to re-sync mind and body (after that injury, it’s not unexpected), and by that I mean have the confidence to go out and take care of the one thing you can control – which is playing your game.

well 2nd game back and I played decent until the last 5 minutes where I gave up 3 late including one with 2 seconds left(it wasn’t in the video because the camera died before the end of the game). The third goal I thought I was Mike Smith for a moment and was quickly reminded that in fact I am not. My mental game still isn’t up to snuff, I am not reading plays well, I am not seeing the ice well at all(displayed by my brutal turn over goal). Good news is we won and 2nd win since coming back. Vikings were on a three game losing streak before Christmas while I was injured. 

39 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Smart play with the puck at 1:47. I misread that situation all the time. I think you looked sharp in your second game back and more so this time. Feeling better? Not surprised Vikings are on a run; they got their goalie back. 

I do feel better @Fullright. I am still not seeing the play well(when I am on I can see the whole ice and see what everyone is doing but I still have a bit of “tunnel vision”). My left shoulder is still not 100% but feeling ok. Haha I did point out to my team jokingly that I have only lost one game all year and that they lost all 3 without me, haha. Just trying to secure my spot as the “number one”

On 2018-01-21 at 9:17 AM, Fullright said:

Playing hurt or injured is part of the job. Be careful, though, with the tunnel business. 

I don’t think the “tunnel vision” is a physical symptom, just more I am not seeing the ice like I do when I am “on”.

so first time out with some new to me Vaughn v6 2000 set with the “vintage” look. I messed up and left the GoPro on wide angle instead of narrow angle so I had to crop the clips so you can see what is going on, haha anyways that is the reason it is kind of all over the place. I felt ok in the v6’s I like the pads and blocker, not a huge fan of the glove I am a 5500 guy through and through and have not been comfortable in any other glove. 

1 hour ago, Imperative said:

I don’t think the “tunnel vision” is a physical symptom, just more I am not seeing the ice like I do when I am “on”.

so first time out with some new to me Vaughn v6 2000 set with the “vintage” look. I messed up and left the GoPro on wide angle instead of narrow angle so I had to crop the clips so you can see what is going on, haha anyways that is the reason it is kind of all over the place. I felt ok in the v6’s I like the pads and blocker, not a huge fan of the glove I am a 5500 guy through and through and have not been comfortable in any other glove. 

Your Brian's set is still all sorts of sick

This game was a rough one, we got beat down pretty bad, it was only my 2nd loss with the Vikings and third on the season. The boys were not prepared or very interested in playing, haha. It was a rough game to watch our total in ability to move the puck and no one wanted to skate. I felt like I was playing decent keeping it close early but we couldn’t score at all until the final 6-7 minutes and by then the game was out of hand. I am atill not where I want to be but overall was pretty good, 5 hole goal was soft and 3rd was a bad bounce off my own guy. Other than that it was skill plays.

Vikes looked bad. Just one of those games where the team lacked "jump". Meanwhile, you were out of your effing mind! Some of those stops on shots from the slot after cross ice passes were amazing. The 5 hole goal was off a bang bang play, and the others were really nice shots. You cant make yourself 6 x 4. Doing something a little new on shots to your left? You were using the V-H a lot and made it work. Nice job, Mr. I.

1 hour ago, Fullright said:

Vikes looked bad. Just one of those games where the team lacked "jump". Meanwhile, you were out of your effing mind! Some of those stops on shots from the slot after cross ice passes where amazing. The 5 hole goal was off a bang bang play, and the others were really nice shots. You cant make yourself 6 x 4. Doing something a little new on shots to your left? You were using the V-H a lot and made it work. Nice job, Mr. I.

Yeah it was rough, I let the boys know in between periods and I do t think it was taken well, haha. I realize it is beer league but I am super competitive, I hate losing but I can accept when we are obvious out skilled. I cannot stand a lack of effort, I am sure they would all be pissed off at me if I just put in a half hearted effort, “hey guys sorry I just didn’t feel like getting into position to make that save”. 

Probably the best first half(35 minutes) period I have played all season. We jumped out to an early lead and I only gave up 1 on the breakaway. The ref somehow didn’t know what time the game started so we played the first 20 minutes without one. He also decided that he wanted to take over the game in the last 6 minutes. There was a bit of skirmish and a guy from each team was ejected with 6 minutes. The league rule is if the game is within 2 goals in the last 2 minutes, even though this rule is in place the previous 2 games I played with this team the game was within one goal (one we were up and one we were down) and they didn’t play stop time in the last 2 minutes. This game the ref has the scorekeeper run stop time in the final 6 minutes even though it was 6-3 at the time. He then started handing out penalties for back checking, haha. So we finished the last 4 minutes killing two 5 on 3’s. They managed to score twice to make it close but we won regardless!it felt pretty good to stick it to the opponents and the ref. 

back in the tiny rink, haha. 2nd game against the Sharks this season, we won the first one. It was a close game for the most part but in the 2nd we jumped out to a 6-2 lead and then just let them come at us, they almost came all the way back but I was able to make a few late stops to stop them from tying it up. 

Dazzling work in both games. Just sharp and controlled with impossible saves added in for good measure. Very fun to watch. You now seem to be able to levitate from your knees and swat things out of the air which are over your head. Best job to date this season. That VH (?) to your left just has them shooting right into your glove. Free scouting report which means it is NOT reliable: #13 on the Sharks will almost always shoot along the ice 5 hole no matter where he is on the ice. 

Archived