Imperative

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Imperative said:

I do have to say the V4’s are very comfortable, but like I said they are heavier as they are taller, leather straps, etc. 

What do you use for knee protection, if anything? If you do, which setup accommodates it more? I'm dealing with that now, just picked up a pair of Heritage Genetic Pros, and I'm not used to the strapping. I had some Simmons 996 (or 997, they're unbadged) pads that seem less open.

4 hours ago, goalie381 said:

What do you use for knee protection, if anything? If you do, which setup accommodates it more? I'm dealing with that now, just picked up a pair of Heritage Genetic Pros, and I'm not used to the strapping. I had some Simmons 996 (or 997, they're unbadged) pads that seem less open.

I don’t wear any knee protection just my dry fit pant. Yeah strapping is very different between the two, my Brians is it just the Velcro smart strap set up I do wear the leather boot strap and lace toe ties instead of the smart straps. The Vaughn’s are full five leather leg straps but I wear them so loose I don’t notice really. 

44 minutes ago, Imperative said:

I don’t wear any knee protection just my dry fit pant. Yeah strapping is very different between the two, my Brians is it just the Velcro smart strap set up I do wear the leather boot strap and lace toe ties instead of the smart straps. The Vaughn’s are full five leather leg straps but I wear them so loose I don’t notice really. 

Yeah, it almost seems pointless to wear the leather straps these days, especially when there are so many in some of those pads from a few years back. You're velcro'd in nearly good enough, it's almost like the straps are purely aesthetic.

4 hours ago, goalie381 said:

Yeah, it almost seems pointless to wear the leather straps these days, especially when there are so many in some of those pads from a few years back. You're velcro'd in nearly good enough, it's almost like the straps are purely aesthetic.

Yeah leather straps are kind of old school

another Shinny time. I changed up the camera angle, suction cup on the glass right above the hash marks and changed from wide angle to narrow I have to turn on the GoPros wifi and use my phone a monitor to make sure it is sitting correctly to get the net in frame. This shinny was kind of rough, and when we switched and the white team was shooting on me it turned into a breakaway fest, haha. 

First time out with a new to me PaSSAU pro pac chesty. I had given it an oxyclean bath and was just dry before this skate so i didn't get time to adjust it properly so i wasn't feeling real comfortable in it. If you have one and tips on getting the best fit I am listening. Also didn't have the go pro and battery pac fully charged so it died half way through the skate.

1 hour ago, Imperative said:

First time out with a new to me PaSSAU pro pac chesty. I had given it an oxyclean bath and was just dry before this skate so i didn't get time to adjust it properly so i wasn't feeling real comfortable in it. If you have one and tips on getting the best fit I am listening. Also didn't have the go pro and battery pac fully charged so it died half way through the skate.

You definitely look much different up top with the new chestie.  Size?

Great stop from 2:00-2:04 btw 

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

You definitely look much different up top with the new chestie.  Size?

Great stop from 2:00-2:04 btw 

Yeah I was totally uncomfortable in the passau, it is a size large and my other Chestie is a simmons 996 medium size. I had it tucked into my pants the same way I tuck the 996 and I wasn’t feeling it. According to the passau website I do measure out to a large but I got the comment from another goalie tell me he was sized too big (he was in a xl and went down to a large). 

1 hour ago, Imperative said:

Yeah I was totally uncomfortable in the passau, it is a size large and my other Chestie is a simmons 996 medium size. I had it tucked into my pants the same way I tuck the 996 and I wasn’t feeling it. According to the passau website I do measure out to a large but I got the comment from another goalie tell me he was sized too big (he was in a xl and went down to a large). 

If it ends up not working for you let me know... I love my new RGT pro chest but have always wanted to get into a Passau

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

If it ends up not working for you let me know... I love my new RGT pro chest but have always wanted to get into a Passau

I have to give it a few more skates for sure, haha. I am not one of those guys who tries a new or different piece of gear for one skate, doesn’t like the feel or doesn’t adjust it to get a better feel and then sells it. 

wore the Passau again and made adjustments before hand, changed how I attached it to my pants and it made a big difference it felt much better this time around I felt much more comfortable. The skate was so so, 30 skaters showed up which never happens and despite the great turn out not a great pace. 

Archived