Project Lady Pad sex change

bunnyman666

Yep- they are a bit over-pink. They were perfect for October, but now a bit over-pink for the other eleven months of the year. 

I have tightened lacing cords (especially in off-shore made pads) many times over the years. You can encourage a better “S” shape by tightening the cord. 

Am I going to change the B stars? Absolutely NOT. They will stay pink. 

Stay tuned...

5 hours ago, tony20 said:

That doug is a busy guy.  He should get into graphic design though.  His adds don't do justice to his mullets and skate sharpening.

LOL  

My Cricut does not allow for much design except for hokey clip art. I use my iPhone and iOs does not support flash. Vector is incompatible with the Cricut iOs. At this point- I  do the bare necessity to fulfill the requirements for advertising. 

Yes- I essentially work a full time job, do hair one day and three nights per week and sharpen skates when I get a call.

I ordered replacement cord and a lacing needle from Dennis Dombrowski (Factory Mad). I almost went metallic, but thought better of it. I also have a surprise for “de-pinking” my logos. Something that most of you lot could do as far as permanently covering things. Sharpie can work, but this is more permanent.

This may take awhile to get to, but I will get it done. 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:38 AM, tony20 said:

That doug is a busy guy.  He should get into graphic design though.  His adds don't do justice to his mullets and skate sharpening.

LOL..gotta change the text on the ad too: "Doug's Mullets and Skate Sharpening"... Awesome.. "Skate Sharpening, Mullets done while you wait"

4 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

LOL..gotta change the text on the ad too: "Doug's Mullets and Skate Sharpening"... Awesome.. "Skate Sharpening, Mullets done while you wait"

I will not cut a mullet; you must go to Cuts ‘r’ us for that!!!!

The skate sharpening and hair cutting are also not on the same property.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updates: Brian’s did not make it easy to relace the lacing cord. It seems that they hot-glued the ends of the lacing cord to the core, unlike many domestic and off-shore makes.  This makes removing the toe and thigh trims necessary. I could tackle this, but why on G’ds green Earth would I undo all this unless I were to replace the toe and thigh trims? The toe and thigh trims are nowhere near needing replacement, so why undo them just to relace these guys? The pink lacing cord does not bother me, and I will only relace it when it comes time to replace the toe trims if I own these for that long. That looks like years away, if ever, as by virtue of design, there is hardly any contact with the ice. 

Whilst pondering supplanting these with a set of custom Factory Mad pads, these are now livable. I was fine with the pink stars, and I was never chirped for the pink. I was actually chirped mildly for the adverts...

The hot rebounds bother me, though that may tame with more use. They fit very well. Being white with mostly black accents, they match everything. Their “female” roots are still apparent, but one has to look harder for them. Call them androgynous...

• 7 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, bunnyman666 said:

I ordered replacement cord and a lacing needle from Dennis Dombrowski (Factory Mad). I almost went metallic, but thought better of it. I also have a surprise for “de-pinking” my logos. Something that most of you lot could do as far as permanently covering things. Sharpie can work, but this is more permanent.

This may take awhile to get to, but I will get it done. 

I have used Angelus Leather Paint for both leather and manmade material shoe projects in the past with great results. It flexes well so doesn't crack and doesn't easily scuff off. I am not 100% sure how well it would hold up to the rigorous demands of tendy life as I have no experience using it for any equipment but it will hold up better than a sharpie and look much better.

2 hours ago, wigalicous said:

I have used Angelus Leather Paint for both leather and manmade material shoe projects in the past with great results. It flexes well so doesn't crack and doesn't easily scuff off. I am not 100% sure how well it would hold up to the rigorous demands of tendy life as I have no experience using it for any equipment but it will hold up better than a sharpie and look much better.

HTV vinyl works VERY well for covering logos and that’s what I use now exclusively!

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

HTV vinyl works VERY well for covering logos and that’s what I use now exclusively!

Good to know! Would you use it on a larger surface area on your gear, like a colour zone or knee rolls for example, or only for smaller jobs such as the logo coverage?

Archived