I got my first penalty!

IPv6Freely

Had a guy back into me while trying to make a save and was unable to get my glove out where I wanted it. Ref said he wasn’t in the crease so it was fine. I told him he’s a fucking idiot. 

I hate that guy. Same jackass ref that won’t let me use my GoPro. Funny because I chat with all the other refs, and some even talk about my camera, what I edit it with, where I post it, etc. Some have even asked that I send them footage!

That was the goal that put us down 5-1 in the playoffs. Championship streak ends at 4 to the team that went 16-2 this season. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Now get a fighting major and get ejected coupled with a 5 game suspension for feeding someone a blocker.

;)

LOL pretty unlikely.

Though at the same time, the other team has a guy who "plays to the whistle" regardless of whether I obviously have it covered or not. Once it went 5-1 and he did it for the 3rd time that game, I told my D to just fucking BURY him if he does it again. He was like: "gladly."

And he's one of the same morons that will bitch when theres a quick whistle on a loose puck in the crease. Yes, they HAVE to blow that dead because morons like you who will hack at the goalies hand/arm until you hear a whistle. 

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

LOL pretty unlikely.

Though at the same time, the other team has a guy who "plays to the whistle" regardless of whether I obviously have it covered or not. Once it went 5-1 and he did it for the 3rd time that game, I told my D to just fucking BURY him if he does it again. He was like: "gladly."

And he's one of the same morons that will bitch when theres a quick whistle on a loose puck in the crease. Yes, they HAVE to blow that dead because morons like you who will hack at the goalies hand/arm until you hear a whistle. 

There has been a time or two when the blocker went into the calf on a hacker. I have even covered the blade of a stick with my blocker hand. 

I remember the referee in the amateur league years ago who was a former goalkeeper. He was fine, he liked to look at the goalies gear before match and he chatt about it. Before the game, he told the goalies that we did not have to worry, he will look after us. I did not understand for the first time :D . It meant that when someone pushed you, he gets penalty, no compromises. But if you "cleaned your crease from opponents" they did not have a chance to even complain. It was like: "The goalkeeper hit me with his stick/blocker/glove!" And the referee called: "I told you before that I do not care, just don´t go to his crease" :D

It’s normally a similar story for me. Ref comes over to check the net after warmup, we say hello and ask each other how they are, one ref asks me how my ankle is doing. A couple of the refs that play goal will check out my stick or pads, and then they will say good luck. 

Its just this one ref that is a problem. Doesn’t say a word before the game, doesn’t talk to the players either. No communication. He’s also the only ref that won’t let me use my camera on the inside of the glass. 

Allways liked the referes who talks with players normaly: "Wasn´t that goalie interference? No it wasn´ I saw it that way because...." I know that refs had it hard and can´t see everything, but that is how you make respect.

Two weeks ago I asked ref if I can put GoPro on glass behind goal (standard). He was litte surprised I even ask and he advised to put it outside. But then clarified that it was only because camera can be shoot down and he has nothing against camera inside. It is all about people...

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely was in the crease, but definitely wasn't why you got scored on. ;)

I agree but disagree. It seems like he dropped because he couldn't see the shooter and the player was obstructing him. So, the player in the crease out him out of position.

4 minutes ago, Hills said:

I agree but disagree. It seems like he dropped because he couldn't see the shooter and the player was obstructing him. So, the player in the crease out him out of position.

For sure. We could dissect this all day haha.

Also depends on your leagues rules. One arena I play at, there is ZERO allowance for being in the crease for the opposite team. The other allows it as long as you're not interfering with the goalie. This scenario in the latter would've been the same result as the video.

57 minutes ago, Hills said:

So does that make me the Jonathan Quick of goalie interference complaints? ;) 

I definitely couldn't see, which is why I was scored on because I had no idea where the guy with the puck even was. But the part I had a problem with is that I don't feel like I was allowed to get to the top of my crease, nor allowed to get my gloves where I wanted them. 

• 4 months later...

I one time shot a puck at a dude after the play was over. Wife happened to get a picture of me asking the player if wanted to further discuss the situation (he didn't). It was a long time ago..

1_multipart_xF8FF_2_nice_face.jpg

Got a few penalties then. I nailed him right in the chest with the puck too. Great shot by me.

3 hours ago, MTH said:

I one time shot a puck at a dude after the play was over. Wife happened to get a picture of me asking the player if wanted to further discuss the situation (he didn't). It was a long time ago..

1_multipart_xF8FF_2_nice_face.jpg

Got a few penalties then. I nailed him right in the chest with the puck too. Great shot by me.

Who was the one losing 9-2

On 3/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, IPv6Freely said:

He told his wife it was 3-2. 

Well played. 

(does it matter who win's in men's league? (we did) Notice too all the fans - you can tell it was the championship match)

On 3/16/2018 at 2:06 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I love beer league tough guys.. lol. 

Best part - if I remember right - is that the dude was roughing up some dude on my team. So I drilled him with the puck.

Eh, the old days when you thought this stuff was important. Now? Not so much.

I was playing on some 18+ team recently. All young college dudes, etc. They start fighting everyone on the ice. I watch from the crease. In the locker the one dude says to me - Matt why didn't you jump in?

Response was easy -  already get hit with pucks, fists too? I'm good.

They all started calling me 'dad' after that.

You sound like you might be interested in our over 50 under 70 club (years and inches respectively), I can forward you the application paperwork if desired. (Note to be eligible, you must be able to write all the answers, preferably with a fountain pen).

On 11/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, IPv6Freely said:

For those not interested in watching the whole game video in my thread, here's the clip. 

I could make the argument that your D man pushed him into the crease.  It was a fluid situation and I could see a no-call there.  Hell, if the NHL can't figure it out, do you think a $50/game ref can???  ;)

Archived