G4 Thread

cwarnar

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mike2389 said:

I am waiting on a custom ordered G4 setup.  It has been almost 11 weeks since the order was processed and I still have no idea where they are.  Anyone else seeing this sort of wait on their gear?  

Be thankful you didn't order Vaughan. 18 week wait.

Anyway it's a busy season, lots of goalies are getting custom order gear ready for the upcoming hockey season. ALL companies are slower than usual, it's to be expected.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:40 PM, Mike2389 said:

I am waiting on a custom ordered G4 setup.  It has been almost 11 weeks since the order was processed and I still have no idea where they are.  Anyone else seeing this sort of wait on their gear?  

I ordered a set of G3's in early November, and they didn't arrive until February. Think it was about a 15 week wait. 

Not sure if it was an issue with Warrior or the store where I ordered from. I suspect that they might have got the spelling wrong on the embroidery and had to ship them back to be re-done. Also, store ended up getting them but didn't notify me until days later. 

Store screw-up is my concern, as well.  My order was apparently processed by Warrior on April 11th.  Store said they would arrive end of May.  When that came and went I pressed for info and they contacted the Rep.  I was then told they would ship from Warrior on June 18th, but still no word.  I have reached out to the Rep myself, now.  I understand delays due to time if year and sales volumes, but better communication or at least tracking would be sweet.  Either way, just really excited to get my hands on them!!

2 hours ago, Puckducker said:

I ordered a set of G3's in early November, and they didn't arrive until February. Think it was about a 15 week wait. 

Not sure if it was an issue with Warrior or the store where I ordered from. I suspect that they might have got the spelling wrong on the embroidery and had to ship them back to be re-done. Also, store ended up getting them but didn't notify me until days later. 

This is why i didnt get any embroidery on mine.... less to screw up, easier to re-sell ;)

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Don't know if this guy is a member here but his commentary is amusing and still informative.

His voice reminds of this guy...George Takai

image.png.01b4515c5039d6cb914dc28af9dfae71.png

@VOGoalie is a member here, yes. 

I love his videos! Very informative, with a dash of humour mixed in as well. Perfect! I think he’ll be doing more on ice / in-game commentary videos in addition which will be great to see on his channel. Big fan of the guy! 

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words!  I was a member back on the GSBB so it's nice to some old names and also new ones!  I really just started making videos to connect with other goalies.  That and I just wanted to start doing something fun and creative.  When I pulled the trigger on my G4 set, that was the perfect opportunity to re-launch my channel.  Thanks to all for the positive response!

On topic, I'm totally digging the G4s!  I think Pete and the team really nailed it with this incarnation and the equipment exceeded my expectations!

1 hour ago, VOGoalie said:

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words!  I was a member back on the GSBB so it's nice to some old names and also new ones!  I really just started making videos to connect with other goalies.  That and I just wanted to start doing something fun and creative.  When I pulled the trigger on my G4 set, that was the perfect opportunity to re-launch my channel.  Thanks to all for the positive response!

On topic, I'm totally digging the G4s!  I think Pete and the team really nailed it with this incarnation and the equipment exceeded my expectations!

Wayne, right?

What colour way 6000s did you wear before switching up? I might remember you from the GSBB

Yep, my name's Wayne and I used to go by wachin.  But most probably remember my Smith 6000 pads that were all navy except a white weave face and single navy 6000 line graphic.  I seriously loved those pads and my 5000 gloves, but honestly, I think the G4s are the evolution of Pete's design that I've been waiting for!  Having been an early adopter of Pete's bindingless design, I can really appreciate the work they've put into the G4s.

12 hours ago, VOGoalie said:

Yep, my name's Wayne and I used to go by wachin.  But most probably remember my Smith 6000 pads that were all navy except a white weave face and single navy 6000 line graphic.  I seriously loved those pads and my 5000 gloves, but honestly, I think the G4s are the evolution of Pete's design that I've been waiting for!  Having been an early adopter of Pete's bindingless design, I can really appreciate the work they've put into the G4s.

Is it bad that i've read your last 2 comments in your voice?
Also weren't you also the one that did the strapping mod on the Ritual G1's as well? 

Has anyone had issues with the airslide if you have a narrow butterfly? 

Just now, Kayen said:

Also weren't you also the one that did the strapping mod on the Ritual G1's as well? 

Nope.  They slide like a dream bud!

10 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

@VOGoalie your videos rule. I’ve shared them with a bunch of people and I especially found your ARS toe tie mod helpful. 

I have a video idea for you: please take all the on-ice clips of Goldberg in the mighty ducks movies and re-record all his lines in your voice lol

Thanks!  It's nice to know that my videos are actually helping people!  Hmmm, great idea, but maybe I'd have to go with Julie the Cat (only because she has less lines and I'm lazy)

6 hours ago, Kayen said:

Ha, yeah, I had been messing with my 6000 and G1 strapping way back in like 2011/2012.  Actually, now the G4's are pretty much what I always envisioned!

11 hours ago, Kayen said:

I can't remember if it was this site or ggsu, but someone said they sold their g4s because they felt the air slide reduced their glide due to a narrow bfly. Was the first I had heard of that.

It was a  really good pad actually but under certain conditions the air slide system impeded sliding. It's not a bad pad, just doesn't work for guys like me.

The gloves were fucking awesome though so i got a new set to match my new black and white premiers

• 2 weeks later...

so been using my g4 for a while now and i really like them, 

i play inline with roller fly and the air sline works amazing....?

ive noticed, my outer thigh/knee feels more exposed, as in the top of the pad feels sloppy,  but bar that really liking them, and this is from some one who mods the hell out of gear to go right into a stock pad and not mess with it is amazing

jake

Archived