G4 Thread

cwarnar

On 11/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

Are there any other pictures besides that one promotional pic? I'd love to see a break down of what's new and man do I hope they have a Sr. line for this set if they can keep the quality of the G3 Sr.

This is as good as you'll get for now. It's on page 5? of the warrior general thread.

rg4.thumb.jpg.107818430e5e884cc71419fcd56106a9.jpg

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another teaser... loving the trimmed outer roll.  Hearing lots of talk that the pads will be UNDER 4 lbs.  Shannon Szabados has a great video on her Instagram for her pads... backside looks the same strapping wise... different post wedge than the G3 tho.  @Kirk3190 any chance of having no post wedge on the pad?

6A2F94B1-2B28-476A-97EC-67A9C220528B.thumb.jpeg.40d318dcd5c495d7e27b9dd3730b6bea.jpeg

10 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Another teaser... loving the trimmed outer roll.  Hearing lots of talk that the pads will be UNDER 4 lbs.  Shannon Szabados has a great video on her Instagram for her pads... backside looks the same strapping wise... different post wedge than the G3 tho.  @Kirk3190 any chance of having no post wedge on the pad?

Strapping looks identical (called it).

Post wedge looks more rounded on the outside and looks a hell of a lot thinner. Didn't get a great look, but it also looks like it's going to be flexible like the R/GT's too (called it).

On 11/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Strapping looks identical (called it).

Post wedge looks more rounded on the outside and looks a hell of a lot thinner. Didn't get a great look, but it also looks like it's going to be flexible like the R/GT's too (called it).

Don't "call it" too soon @coopaloop1234 There's always more than what meets the eye!  ;) Post wedge will be standard on G4 leg pads but you're correct it's different than G3. 

First, I absolutely love what Warrior does with the graphics each time. I feel like they're the only company that are actually trying to match team uniforms as opposed to what CCM does for example, throw a bunch of shapes in a blender and voila.

And second, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the knee block yet. I see what theyre going for but I'm really curious how they will hold up with all those edges and on top of that a binding which is something we're not used to see anymore on a ritual line.

Regardless, I'm super excited to see a full review on these beauties. I'm still using my Smith 6000's that I obught from Chester years ago but I owuld definitely love a stiffer new set of pillows

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, netminder said:

When they make a 10-3/8th" wide Pro pad you can claim that weight as some thing "special". Trying making a full 11" sti or 11-1/8" pad like the rest of the big boys and say you're under 4lbs still..... false advertisement.

Do you want to elaborate on this? I don't get your argument.

Edit: I do see what you're saying. So Warrior pads aren't 11 inches? Is that actually true? Also why does this bother you?

32 minutes ago, netminder said:

When they make a 10-3/8th" wide Pro pad you can claim that weight as some thing "special". Trying making a full 11" sti or 11-1/8" pad like the rest of the big boys and say you're under 4lbs still..... false advertisement.

I'm gonna save some of this salt for my stairs, driveway, and sidewalk.

@Pauly35or00 - This is true... Some models of Warrior pads and Bauer 1S are not 11". They are around 10.5" 

There are varying opinions as to how much this matters. I don't like it, but I also was blind to it on my 1S until it was pointed out to me. It definitely saves weight, but the bigger question is... Was this intentional to save weight or an issue with bad tooling? If it was intentional, it's misleading and should be made clear to potential consumers 

@netminder - Your welcome anytime... A little meat or explanation in your next post might make some more friends though!

Archived