cwarnar

G4 Thread

@ruckus007 - I agree with 90% of  your post above. Very well said. 

I commend @Kirk3190 and his team for daring to do things differently that are responsible business decisions. The sheep nature of people is where our forum can help the great goalie world! 

However... 

I have to challenge your car analogy. Bauer did something different with the 1S line and changed a lot of the trend. I can’t think of anyone in Detroit being that innovative 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ruckus007 - I agree with 90% of  your post above. Very well said. 

I commend @Kirk3190 and his team for daring to do things differently that are responsible business decisions. The sheep nature of people is where our forum can help the great goalie world! 

However... 

I have to challenge your car analogy. Bauer did something different with the 1S line and changed a lot of the trend. I can’t think of anyone in Detroit being that innovative 

:LOL I noticed no objection to the CCM part of the analogy. 

I kid. I kid. Up until the 1S, Bauer really didn't have anything great. I was more prodding at that section of their history. There were a lot of "gadgets" but none which were great or thought out. 

I don’t buy the Bauer did anything great with the OD1N pad. I just saw a pair in a PIAS up close. They wanted $800 for a pad that looked like it was falling apart! That is NOT innovation. Sure- it might slide from goal line to goal line, but that pad looked like it was going to implode! And it does not look like you can really do much repair. The innovation? To make a pad that is replaced once per season!

A Brian’s of the same age looked nearly new with a bunch of puck marks. 

And Warriors? The pads of similar age look as good as Brian’s, if not a teeny bit better!

Edited by bunnyman666

Looks like retailers are getting access to the G4 customizer. These were posted on GGSU and another guy I know ordered his G4's as Warrior ambassador.

Looks like another solid stock graphic with lots of color zones... Plus the classic graphic again... Warrior needs to launch it ASAP!!!

FB_IMG_1516887672257.thumb.jpg.2710149f6d5cb632efc76275f597fd94.jpgFB_IMG_1516887668944.thumb.jpg.2974205f9c1a0c3a2e3c235faf7a54e2.jpgFB_IMG_1516887657513.thumb.jpg.df12c8ce80664739a5c136fdd69d45d6.jpgFB_IMG_1516887662811.thumb.jpg.3a26465cf67c1d4e15df0391debc1c55.jpg

Small observation on the customizer pad images... The nylon strap on the sling wrap around the knee doesn't seem to be there by default anymore, I wonder if it's now an "optional" item. I know i've removed mine personally on my G3. 

Interesting. I wonder if it's included but easily removable like their ARS straps.

Even the catalogue a page ago doesn't show the knee nylon wrap.

I wonder if they have the profile lock. I always felt that was a decent idea. I mean anyone who wants a nice curve is going to put one on them anyway but for out of the box play it seemed innovative.

6 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I wonder if they have the profile lock. I always felt that was a decent idea. I mean anyone who wants a nice curve is going to put one on them anyway but for out of the box play it seemed innovative.

Looking at the catalogue pics from the last page it's odd they don't mention it in the literature (unless i'm blind), however it looks like it's still there on all the pictures, and on the customizer as well. 

Hey Coop,

The R/G4 will have a stiff thigh rise (no internal thigh rise break) whereas the G3 was double internal break.  They will still have the profile lock but you don't have to use it at all if you don't wish to.

Thanks,
Kirk

This is a message from Kirk from a bit ago. The G4 will still have the profile lock but no internal thigh break.

On 20/01/2018 at 5:01 PM, dreadlocked1 said:

It's Intermediate vs Senior.  Senior is always 11".  Most manufacturer's Intermediate's are 10.5".  From my previous experience on GSBB, netminder just likes to complain.

Huge difference between complaint and actual fact. The Warrior Pro pads are in fact NOT the Pro width industry standard. In fact the Pro "senior" G3 blocker is the exact size of my 15 year nephews Intermediate sized CCM blocker but Warrior continues to calls there Pro line "Senior" sizing. How is this complaining exactly?? I never once said i disliked the gear, said its ugly, or called the line dysfunctional. 

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

FB_IMG_1517962255061.thumb.jpg.8b4d8fc84fda9b2956719d5f51318401.jpg

Chris Dudo of Goalie Monkey... His G4's made Warriors Instagram

That is an attractive bit of kit.

On 25/01/2018 at 7:26 PM, netminder said:

Huge difference between complaint and actual fact. The Warrior Pro pads are in fact NOT the Pro width industry standard. In fact the Pro "senior" G3 blocker is the exact size of my 15 year nephews Intermediate sized CCM blocker but Warrior continues to calls there Pro line "Senior" sizing. How is this complaining exactly?? I never once said i disliked the gear, said its ugly, or called the line dysfunctional. 

Wut? My senior blocker is the same size as my vaughn, ccm and bauer blockers. Lol. 

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wut? My senior blocker is the same size as my vaughn, ccm and bauer blockers. Lol. 

Visual and fact are too different animals. Either actual tape measure width and height or your other 3 blockers are Int.

21 minutes ago, netminder said:

Visual and fact are too different animals. Either actual tape measure width and height or your other 3 blockers are Int.

I mean, you're the one making claims, wouldn't you provide facts yourself? 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, you're the one making claims, wouldn't you provide facts yourself? 

I did from the stores, as did the merchant

7 hours ago, cwarnar said:

FB_IMG_1517962255061.thumb.jpg.8b4d8fc84fda9b2956719d5f51318401.jpg

Chris Dudo of Goalie Monkey... His G4's made Warriors Instagram

This is how set in Anaheim Ducks colours sould look. GREAT!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, netminder said:

I did from the stores, as did the merchant

All of that is just hearsay until it's provided here. But keep on doing you bud.

Didn't see it in the thread but, is the catcher's internal permanent like the GT or still multi velcro attachments?