Sign in to follow this  
cwarnar

G4 Thread

31 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Didn't see it in the thread but, is the catcher's internal permanent like the GT or still multi velcro attachments?

@Kirk3190 confirmed that the G4 line will use the removable liners again.  I know from talking to @TGC-Rance he said they feel better than they did in the G3 line 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Maybe mentioned before... but Shannon is not using the 3D sliding surface. 

17810340-4E3C-43CE-B1AB-348D0CBF12DA.jpeg

Are you sure? I know the surface isn't on the calf wedge and this picture makes it tough to see the knee landing area. Though, it does look like there is some texture to it. 

For reference 

DS9SUqyW0AA8IcN.jpg

7 hours ago, RichMan said:

Didn't see it in the thread but, is the catcher's internal permanent like the GT or still multi velcro attachments?

Yes. The liner is removable and they've brought back the inserts to reinforce the palm a la G2.

On 06/02/2018 at 6:49 PM, netminder said:

I did from the stores, as did the merchant

I've also measured my G3 senior against my Vaughn V6 2200. Same size. 

On 25/01/2018 at 2:05 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

I wonder if they have the profile lock. I always felt that was a decent idea. I mean anyone who wants a nice curve is going to put one on them anyway but for out of the box play it seemed innovative.

The profile lock is there, but no more outer or inner breaks on the pad. I suspect they did this because the thighrise on G3's get a little sloppy after some use. 

@TGC-Rance Omg that set is a thing of beauty. I love the big stripe in the middle that cuts the pad in half. You can tell Warrior really puts a lot of thought into grpahic design unlike some brands who just seem to throw shapes in a blender 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Datsyuk92 said:

@TGC-Rance Omg that set is a thing of beauty. I love the big stripe in the middle that cuts the pad in half. You can tell Warrior really puts a lot of thought into grpahic design unlike some brands who just seem to throw shapes in a blender 

@Datsyuk92

It is a bit of a double edge sword. They have so many options which can make things busy but also gives the user full creative control. I tend to like things symmetrical and balanced. I opted to go to more of a Navy with yellow accents with the bit of white. My team is Nashville yellow jerseys with navy script in a diagonal block print like the rangers so I thought it would run well together. I also grew up watching the Barrie Colts in the OHL and these pads give me a lot of vibes from their jerseys. 

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@TGC-Rance I expect a full review you magnificent bastard!!!

26_Funny_Pics_to_Post_on_Facebook_to_Get_More_LIKES-ls.jpg.aaa030c8069b3b738ef5676bf886ddc3.jpg

@cwarnar

HAHA! Gonna gave to fire up a review. Just no game footage..... That could be ugly.

Edited by TGC-Rance