G4 Thread

cwarnar

For those lucky enough to have gotten their hands on a set of these: How would you qualify the breaks on these? I can clearly see that there are no external breaks, what about internal and how soft or stiff below and above the knee? How stiff or soft is the boot break?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cuprajake said:

i cant close it, but then i struggle with every glove as i have small hands lol

Thank gosh for your small hands, because one of your old Brian's mitts ended up here in Edmonton somehow, with the int. palms, and that was one of the best gloves I put my hand into. 

Takes a bit of time to work in - my G3 is considerably different feeling to most others i've felt due to how i break my glove in (pancake galore). I just use a combination of keeps33 and other break in techniques too. 

@RedTail - took a look at a sr pad in store - boot break is soft, and break below the knee is decently soft, but above the knee is stiffer, much stiffer than the G3 was/is in my opinion with the new hypercomp in the thigh rise. 

5 minutes ago, RedTail said:

For those lucky enough to have gotten their hands on a set of these: How would you qualify the breaks on these? I can clearly see that there are no external breaks, what about internal and how soft or stiff below and above the knee? How stiff or soft is the boot break?

Played with one in store yesterday when I was picking up my C/A.

The easiest/fastest comparison would be to compare it to a ((FLY)) optik in terms of flex. Very similar at the boot and knee.

24 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Thank gosh for your small hands, because one of your old Brian's mitts ended up here in Edmonton somehow, with the int. palms, and that was one of the best gloves I put my hand into. 

Takes a bit of time to work in - my G3 is considerably different feeling to most others i've felt due to how i break my glove in (pancake galore). I just use a combination of keeps33 and other break in techniques too. 

@RedTail - took a look at a sr pad in store - boot break is soft, and break below the knee is decently soft, but above the knee is stiffer, much stiffer than the G3 was/is in my opinion with the new hypercomp in the thigh rise. 

wow, yeah i remeber seeing that, tbh i opened that glove up and rebuilt it lol

• 4 weeks later...

I was planning to get some g4 seniors. I dont need them until September and was going to wait for a price drop. However I can get them now new for 799 cad, is this  a ridiculous price I should jump on even though they are not in my ideal colors. Or do you guys assume I can get them in the 800-875 range anyways if I wait till September? Having a hard time deciding and the sale ends tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!

20 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

it was a direct rip off lol! You obviously have great taste ;)

HAHA kind words buddy. Some of the staff I work with have submitted versions off of mine. I'm flattered that people like the set up.

They look really good in that colorway you picked!

14 hours ago, Ryan W said:

I was planning to get some g4 seniors. I dont need them until September and was going to wait for a price drop. However I can get them now new for 799 cad, is this  a ridiculous price I should jump on even though they are not in my ideal colors. Or do you guys assume I can get them in the 800-875 range anyways if I wait till September? Having a hard time deciding and the sale ends tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!

Well, they go for 1,000 brand new (CAD) so you're getting a good deal now, plus, I highly doubt there would be a price drop by September. 

Earliest you'll see a price drop in the G4's is in two years with the release of the G5

Just now, Puckducker said:

What about the G4 gloves didn't work for you?

I just couldnt get used to the catcher....  the break angle was strange to me ....  didnt really feel comfortable.  the look of the glove closed tripped me out a bit as well.  Blocker was fine, Vaughn blockers are just the most comfy too me.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:18 PM, Doobiesnax said:

Well I tried to love the G4 gloves but just couldnt do it....  Ended up pulling the trigger on a murdered out combo over the weekend...  Now I wait.....

1501556089_VaughnGloves.thumb.png.c35cbb76611818789ae14185eb4dfacc.png

I’m likely doing the exact same thing. First murdered out set, but unlike you I may get the gloves. They look strange to me and don’t feel quite right, but every review and everyone I know that’s tried it loves it. I might regret it but I’m going to assume it performs better than it initially looks and feels.

8 minutes ago, Ryan W said:

I’m likely doing the exact same thing. First murdered out set, but unlike you I may get the gloves. They look strange to me and don’t feel quite right, but every review and everyone I know that’s tried it loves it. I might regret it but I’m going to assume it performs better than it initially looks and feels.

Sweet man.  Ya for me it’s a comfort thing.  But you are right everyone that has them, love them.  Maybe next set ;). Stoked to see what you end up with! Love the pads...  Crazy light and solid seal!

Archived