Packing your bag

1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

RichMan. Where did you order that bag from.? 

I bought it at the Source for Sports affiliate shop (Marc Sport) in Gatineau Quebec, my area. They don't show it online. Funny enough, online I saw the Brian's carry bag that I was opting for, and when i went to the store mentioned, they didn't have any Brian's bag so I chose the Powertek one, although there's no mention or print of Powertek or Barikade anywhere on the bag itself. At least not that I have found yet.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I have a Brown carry bag. We have a partially finished basement with a narrow staircase. But that’s where we keep our equipment. I pack my bag in the basement and then carry it upstairs as a backpack. To bring it back downstairs, I pull it over the threshold and walk it down the stairs while it drags slowly. Works well. This bag does have a U-shaped opening. 

If I were you I'd just dress in the basement, walk up the stairs, drive to game, play, drive home, walk back down stairs and undress.

Ever try driving in your skates? Pretty difficult.

I myself have a super sturdy Flite goalie bag from goalieparts.com last year. Can  everything plus my foam roller, shakercup, ade bottle... Still have room left. Will probably be doing a 'What's In The Bag/ Packing' video. I'll share it on my channel's feed here on TGN and I'll copy the link here when I get it done.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, LordOfTheCrease said:

I myself have a super sturdy Flite goalie bag from goalieparts.com last year. Can  everything plus my foam roller, shakercup, ade bottle... Still have room left. Will probably be doing a 'What's In The Bag/ Packing' video. I'll share it on my channel's feed here on TGN and I'll copy the link here when I get it done.

Can't wait.

No... I could.

I interrupted my son making a 'what's in my bag' video on the lawn last summer. Had no idea what he was making. Tells me - I reply "why?" - I walk away knowing that I'm officially old.

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am always amazed when this thread pops up

I love how passionate and curious everybody is about how they pack their bag

The best part about a new bag is the Tetris game of finding the most efficient way of packing it :) 

16 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Yes... Its a small blue bag that attaches via velcro

download.jpeg.3401bbfd400b08ef38f9d022fbe693a4.jpeg

Definitely didn't get that, emailed Passau. 

Last night went well, still just adjusting to how to get it on my back from the floor.  Anybody else feel like the mask and the skates should be at the other end of the bag though?  (Like the top and not the bottom when you're carrying it)

Apparently they were getting some negative feedback on the durability of the shower bag and haven't been able to improve it, so aren't sending them out anymore.  Makes sense, and the only reason I really knew about it was from other users, it's not listed on the bag description at all.  They will send one of the ones they have left though, so I'll probably still give it a go.

17 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Apparently they were getting some negative feedback on the durability of the shower bag and haven't been able to improve it, so aren't sending them out anymore.  Makes sense, and the only reason I really knew about it was from other users, it's not listed on the bag description at all.  They will send one of the ones they have left though, so I'll probably still give it a go.

I don't use mine... Took it out if they don't have one, you're more than welcome to mine 

Been using an Easton pro stock Connecticut Whale bag for a while now. Pretty sure I found it on ebay for like $50 back in 2015. Nothing fancy... nothing to go wrong... just a big U-zipper and some handles. Heavy duty and has held up really well.

It all fairness I also have the luxury of my closet which is right in the mudroom so I don't need to carry it up and down stairs etc. 

The Connecticut Whale logo, used from 2010–13