Reebok 6k Pro Sticks - current CCM equivalent?

raucebyalien

After destroying a steady stream of Warrior foam cores over the last few years (pro stock, retail swagger and LT swaggers) I've recently started using a Reebok 6k pro stock foam core I picked up from my local pro team a few years ago. Getting past the initial weight increase, I've come to really like it and the sturdier feel it has through the paddle and blade in comparison to the Warriors. I know given that it is a pro model that they might not marry up completely, but does anyone have any info on what the current CCM equivalent of this stick might be??

Having been a Warrior guy for so long I was just trying to figure out what the 6k line had become now that CCM has the Premier / Eflex / 1060 / Retro flex sticks all available at retailers currently, but having looked into it a bit more it looks like the 6k Pro was just their generic pro-level foam core which is now the CCM Pro like the one in the pic:

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 18.37.36.png

5 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

After destroying a steady stream of Warrior foam cores over the last few years (pro stock, retail swagger and LT swaggers) I've recently started using a Reebok 6k pro stock foam core I picked up from my local pro team a few years ago. Getting past the initial weight increase, I've come to really like it and the sturdier feel it has through the paddle and blade in comparison to the Warriors. I know given that it is a pro model that they might not marry up completely, but does anyone have any info on what the current CCM equivalent of this stick might be??

I was big on the Reebok 6K and have moved into the CCM 1060s for a while, they felt pretty similar.  The 1060s are an older model which you can find on sale for about $90 bucks.

I'm actually using the Northstar sticks more now.  Price point is unbeatable (under $60/each) and I think they're a bit closer to a pro build 6K than the retail 1060s.  Make sure you get the carbon blade upgrade.  Paddle sizing is about a quarter inch shorter than the CCM/Reebok (ie. a Northstar 25" is actually closer to a CCM 24.75")

That's good to hear about the 1060s as they are one of the sticks that I'd looked at and are readily available around europe (unfortunately they're still pretty much £100 / $135 US here though!)

Interesting to know about the Northstar sticks - I'd dismissed most customs like Passau etc with being located in europe, but $60 each is a decent price. Having looked at their website, the sticks look almost identical to 1060s too, and being made in canada it wouldn't surprise me at all if they came from the same factory!

3 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

That's good to hear about the 1060s as they are one of the sticks that I'd looked at and are readily available around europe (unfortunately they're still pretty much £100 / $135 US here though!)

Interesting to know about the Northstar sticks - I'd dismissed most customs like Passau etc with being located in europe, but $60 each is a decent price. Having looked at their website, the sticks look almost identical to 1060s too, and being made in canada it wouldn't surprise me at all if they came from the same factory!

The plant that was making the CCM sticks shut down.  I believe the factory producing for Northstar is also doing it for Passau, Warrior, CCM but don't quote me on that.

Archived