TGN Spec

TheGoalNet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

That was a good read. Nothing like a good trainwreck. I'm glad it doesn't happen here but sometimes I miss the wild west days of the GSBB and manufacturer battles and intrigues.

I'd never actually been to GSBB. I was a GGSU user for a while but the stupidity there was overwhelming. I'm still a member but I've removed it from my feed. Just couldn't deal with the nonsense. This site has filled that need for sure :) 

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

e semi smart thing theyve done is buy naming rights for defunct brands. They were using D&R and Hespeler logos on their junk. 

OH, AND THEN THERE'S THIS:

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55178-oem-and-hockeytron/&do=findComment&comment=910095

HOCKEYTRON:

You are a fuckin retard Come over here so we can kick your fuckin ass you low life we will find you you fuckin liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait… what? Did I just seriously get threatened by a company's customer service??

ME:

Now you're just being funny.

HOCKEYTRON:

Come here I am serious or we will find you

Ok, TRON just moved up a notch in my book. I mean I'll never buy their gear, but Customer Service chirping their customers and "puttin' on the foil" is just freaking awesome :rofl:

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Indeed.

https://hockeytron.com/products/hespeler-hockey-helmet-with-cage

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/European-And-American-Sports-Helmet-Ice-Hockey-Man-s-Skating-Helmet-Protective-Gear-Helmet-For-Head/32703520356.html

Their store is literally 3 minutes from the rink I play at so I see a lot of Tron. You can always see their socks and bags because they're full of holes. 

I'd actually ask to have the death-helmet with Ali-Express pro-logos on it, I mean if you are going to go ghetto, then do it with pride ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@bunnyman666 - To clarify a few items:

1. TGN Spec is all custom order. I made some changes to a stock pad that should make it lighter. I know why the company did not go the way I am going for retail purposes, but I think the hardcore gear nuts will appreciate it. Being that it is custom, I hope people view TGN Spec as a starting point and further dial in the pad from there. 
2. The website got about 85,000 hits last month and Instagram got 770,000 hits last week, so maybe 2,000,000 hits a month conservatively. Based on the numbers, Instagram is the key component of what we are building. Part of this slow release is driven by instagram and people who creep the site, but do not post. Given I will not have pads for a few more weeks, there is no point is throwing everything out there right now and moving on. 
3. I am not getting paid, this is just a fun project for me. If anyone is about to order pads tomorrow and will not brand them "pooper", feel free to DM me for specs. I don't want anyone to miss out on something they could enjoy. 

41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

1. TGN Spec is all custom order. I made some changes to a stock pad that should make it lighter. I know why the company did not go the way I am going for retail purposes, but I think the hardcore gear nuts will appreciate it. Being that it is custom, I hope people view TGN Spec as a starting point and further dial in the pad from there. 
2. The website got about 85,000 hits last month and Instagram got 770,000 hits last week, so maybe 2,000,000 hits a month conservatively. Based on the numbers, Instagram is the key component of what we are building. Part of this slow release is driven by instagram and people who creep the site, but do not post. Given I will not have pads for a few more weeks, there is no point is throwing everything out there right now and moving on. 
3. I am not getting paid, this is just a fun project for me. If anyone is about to order pads tomorrow and will not brand them "pooper", feel free to DM me for specs. I don't want anyone to miss out on something they could enjoy. 

I knew this wasn’t for money.

I was busting balls with “Pooper”. I genuinely hope this is a success!

14 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I knew this wasn’t for money.

I was busting balls with “Pooper”. I genuinely hope this is a success!

Oh I know, I am just having fun. But some of the details and rationale behind TGN Spec needs to be explained a few times. It's very new so I don't want anyone confused. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Should you need an unbiased tester for the TGN spec... look no further. I both notice stuff and can write a review real good too.

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 - This is a bit of a fingers crossed process for me. I didn't get prototypes to test. I don't want people ordering something that sucks. I will be honest if I messed up 

I hear ya... I won't tell anyone... just DM me and we can work out the details. ;)

(clearly kidding... looking forward to the minimalist strapping ideas.)

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Why would anyone not want a brand new set of "Pooper" pads?!?!?!

Definitely interested in seeing how this all pans out. The secrecy is getting me all hot and bothered.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived