84 Deg Boot 

Cordura Face 

Jenpro Outer Roll

Weave Graphic 

Cordura side gusset 

Nylon wrap 

no hardware for boot strap, knee pad attachment, outer knee flap

Non slip grip on knee landing 

2X strapping kit - 1 stock + 1 with independent knee Velcro and X strap. Nylon strap to replace thin calf professor strap. Nylon strap to replace elastic strap for wrap connection strap 

only offset boot position on toe bridge 

Glove 

Broke In w/ overlap position

Achnor T

Nash palm 

cordura replacing jenpro on back of glove and to match pad graphic 

Blocker 

double foam behind back of hand 

cordura replacing jenpro on side wall and back for blocker. Cordura to replace Jenpro on the face 

5 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Were you going for flames or claws??  Either way a good looking set.  

@Chenner29 - First, off thanks for the honesty. 

So many people approved pre order and I’m getting so much now, it’s fascinating to me and I love the honesty 

Grpahic: Mashup of the Raanta / Halford / Ranky graphic with inspiration by Darling’s last Chicago set  and Lack’s flames 

I wanted minimalist for sure too. Function over form 

BB2778EA-FB69-470A-B682-B386C8506AA0.jpeg

6138B461-4D45-4F69-B2CB-F19F521DF1D2.jpeg

6E97F7DB-D686-49A9-83DA-380171321851.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Chenner29 - First, off thanks for the honesty. 

So many people approved pre order and I’m getting so much now, it’s fascinating to me and I love the honesty 

Grpahic: Mashup of the Raanta / Halford / Ranky graphic with inspiration by Darling’s last Chicago set  and Lack’s flames 

I wanted minimalist for sure too. Function over form 

BB2778EA-FB69-470A-B682-B386C8506AA0.jpeg

6138B461-4D45-4F69-B2CB-F19F521DF1D2.jpeg

6E97F7DB-D686-49A9-83DA-380171321851.jpeg

It's the Cordura. No offence as I know why you went with it but it makes the set aesthetically look very cheap. I've been staring at them for quite a while now and I personally don't like the juxtaposition of the Cordura and Jenpro, it looks off and does not inspire quality. I also think you're going to get some really bad skate cuts as well.

I feel like I'm ripping your new gear apart and I'm not meaning too. I honestly hope it performs as designed but personally I don't think the few grams of weight loss was worth it.

Edit: I noticed you said you've shaved 1/2 a pound, not insignificant. I look forward to hearing how they play and what the final weights are compared to say normal Optiks and a Warrior G4.

I'll give you a lot of credit for bucking trends in favour of function!

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're probably getting ripped on IG because I think you went too minimalist with the "flames". A little more refined shape or detail would really make a huge difference.

I agree, love the idea but i think the flames are a bit to simple, little more shape would have made it better, but i can see what you where going with

@TheGoalNet People ripped the 1S for it's dimples/wrinkles too.  Durability of the 1S aside, you'll always draw criticism for dramatic changes.

I agree with others, I think the juxtaposition of the cordura and jenpro and the simplicity of the graphic is just such a departure from what's out there that it invites social media jabs.  Looking forward to seeing how they play and your impressions of them.

The cordura doesn't bother me as it just looks like matte jenpro. It's the graphic I don't like. It's like what a 5 year old would draw if you asked them to draw fire.

The Raanta graphic doesn't work unless you have the whole thing (and play for the coyotes, ideally - the ones above look kind of dumb). Darling was plain but it was at least sleek. Lack's pads look like actual flames so they're fine, too. 

Given the colors I probably would have gone with red sock stripes (like the old ottawa red on black unis) or darling's graphic. At least, if you cared about aesthetics (you said 'function over form' so maybe you didn't). 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, IPv6Freely said:

The cordura doesn't bother me as it just looks like matte jenpro. It's the graphic I don't like. It's like what a 5 year old would draw if you asked them to draw fire.

The Raanta graphic doesn't work unless you have the whole thing (and play for the coyotes, ideally - the ones above look kind of dumb). Darling was plain but it was at least sleek. Lack's pads look like actual flames so they're fine, too. 

Given the colors I probably would have gone with red sock stripes (like the old ottawa red on black unis) or darling's graphic. At least, if you cared about aesthetics (you said 'function over form' so maybe you didn't). 

Agreed on the matte Jenpro / cordura. The slight bubbles is probably what is getting everyone upset. 

I also wanted the graphic to be in the spirit of a Potvin, but not a copy. It is not supposed to be a flame. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Any chance you'll have scales at the ready to compare to your red Optiks?

Red Optiks are gone. But I have all the pictures. Stock with all the flaps, boot strap, etc is 4.9 LBS. I am in at 4.4 LBS. All on the same scale. My shorter 1S pads that had knee flaps and boot straps removed came in at 4.6lbs. 

Archived