What's your day job?

BadAngle41

What's your day job?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. With the detailed and exacting nature of many of our topics... I'm curious... what's your day job? Comment on how/if you think there is a connection between what drew you to your day job and what drew you to play between the pipes.

• Doctor
    • Engineer
    • Lawyer
    • Logistics
    • Sales
    • Skilled Tradesman
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other - Procurement (Professional Buyer): I get paid to spend the company's money.

Always played hockey, but as defense. Parents we're too cheap to shell out for the goalie gear for me. Finally got back into hockey about 7 years ago and jumped right to the net and have never looked back. I think I've played out once and it just sucks in comparison.

Edit: Also, Doctor? I have a pretty good feeling that space is going to get 0 votes. :giggle:

8 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Other - Network Engineer. No connection I can think of. I've loved playing goal and goalies since I was little. Played catcher in baseball as a teen. I don't think it translates to my job at all. 

Sorry... thought I had engineer listed in there. 

Research Coordinator for a consulting firm full time (40 hours a week).
Have a BSc. Environmental Economics & Policy. No correlation. 

Also work in retail sales in luxury/designer clothing/accessories part time (20-30 hours a week).

Yes, I do work 60-70 hours a week and play hockey about 3-5 nights a week somehow. 

17 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Other - account management/project coordinator for a branded merchandise/swag agency....if y'all need your logo on anything, hit me up :chug: (wait, I guess that's sales though, so maybe "other" was incorrect). 

Will you actually print my team logo? :) 

Software QA Manager.  Did a Physics degree at University, started in software after graduation and just kept moving up.  Been playing goal since I was about 10, so 20 years now.  No real correlation between the 2 except the job lets me buy the gear I want :)

Archived