What's your day job?

BadAngle41

What's your day job?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. With the detailed and exacting nature of many of our topics... I'm curious... what's your day job? Comment on how/if you think there is a connection between what drew you to your day job and what drew you to play between the pipes.

• Doctor
    • Engineer
    • Lawyer
    • Logistics
    • Sales
    • Skilled Tradesman
    • Other

37 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm a huge Ayn Rand fan (Anthem is my favourite book of all time) and I agree - that art style is fantastic. Love your work. You going to get into mask painting at any point? :) 

To be honest, I'd love to. I'd probably have to take a basic airbrushing course to get the feel of it...

I do have a blank Jerry Wright shell and Maltese kit kicking around, waiting to be painted...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, BauerHockey47 said:

Like @Fullright and @jeff da goalie, I am a lawyer who is currently "clerking" for a federal judge. In other words, I help the judge write opinions, prep for hearings, and anything else he tells me to do. And @jeff da goalie, I'm definitely going to start looking for retro Cooper gear (and the like) to decorate the office in the future. 

My wife is a lawyer - and I often argue with her, so , like - that makes me a de-facto lawyer, right? :datass:

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just makes you a gold digger.

LOL! Not quite - she's a lawyer, but for the Federal gov't. Between that, and me being a taxpayer - and effectively paying her salary as such - and the 4 and 6 year old freeloaders, well... What little scraps of silver there were I dutifully squandered on goalie equipment.

8 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

LOL! Not quite - she's a lawyer, but for the Federal gov't. Between that, and me being a taxpayer - and effectively paying her salary as such - and the 4 and 6 year old freeloaders, well... What little scraps of silver there were I dutifully squandered on goalie equipment.

Thank god for having D.I.N.K. status.

Nothing but hobbies, free time, trips and no babysitting. (well except for the dog)

16 hours ago, BauerHockey47 said:

Like @Fullright and @jeff da goalie, I am a lawyer who is currently "clerking" for a federal judge. In other words, I help the judge write opinions, prep for hearings, and anything else he tells me to do. And @jeff da goalie, I'm definitely going to start looking for retro Cooper gear (and the like) to decorate the office in the future. 

@BauerHockey47 That's awesome.  I clerked for two federal judges, one a trial judge in Brooklyn, and one a judge on the Third Circuit.  Both were phenomenal experiences.  

8 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My wife is a lawyer - and I often argue with her, so , like - that makes me a de-facto lawyer, right? :datass:

I'm not that great at math (hence why I went to law school), but that sounds right.

7 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

@BauerHockey47 That's awesome.  I clerked for two federal judges, one a trial judge in Brooklyn, and one a judge on the Third Circuit.  Both were phenomenal experiences.  

Awesome. I'm clerking for a magistrate judge now for one year, and I'll be with a district judge for two years starting this September. I'm hoping to line up another clerkship with a circuit judge after that (preferably in the Third or Fourth Circuits). It's definitely been a great experience thus far.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:06 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

My wife is a dentist. Where's my drill?

On 4/25/2018 at 9:24 AM, mufforz said:

Other: US Air Force here, can't really say my job has anything to do with hockey.....I fix planes 

Hey you and I should work together! I break planes for a living! I fly a 737 for a large corporation, I'm away maybe 8-10 days a month which leaves some time for hockey and other pursuits. I actually quit playing hockey when I was 17 to devote more time to my flying. It was a good decision, I think at best, I could have scored a scholarship if I had dug in. The poor decision was waiting 21 years to jump back in between the pipes. 

40 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

Hey you and I should work together! I break planes for a living! I fly a 737 for a large corporation, I'm away maybe 8-10 days a month which leaves some time for hockey and other pursuits. I actually quit playing hockey when I was 17 to devote more time to my flying. It was a good decision, I think at best, I could have scored a scholarship if I had dug in. The poor decision was waiting 21 years to jump back in between the pipes. 

Ah - I’d say NOT jumping back in would have been the poor decision! ?

I jumped in at age 39, having never played organized hockey, let alone goalie! (ok... maybe a poor decision in my case- lol!) 

Glad to have experienced people like you here, @aircanuck!

• 4 months later...

Archived