Peeing in Your Gear

estogoalie

I don't mean like actually Ruprecht "peeing in your gear", I mean like "urinating in a toilet while wearing your goaltending equipment".

Just read this article: https://www.si.com/nhl/2016/02/09/nhl-goalies-bathroom-breaks-during-games

I always drain the vein before I suit up, and then normally between periods as well. Not a big deal. I just pull the pants as far down as possible (I wear suspenders over my CA). Never took a dump tho. That would be a major hassle.

I can relate. I had to leave a game once (and only once, so far) before the end because, um, I had to crap. I tried to hold it but with 15 minutes to go I skated to the blue line and yelled to the bench, “Emergency. Gotta go!”

Luckily the dressing room is about 20 feet from the rink entrance and the locker room door isn't locked. I stripped down as fast as I could leaving the pads attached to my skates sticking out of the stall while I did my business. Phew, the relief. I made it back for the last few minutes and overtime.

The guys were surprised when I came back because they thought there was a fire. They figured that's what I meant by an emergency. I should add that I'm the fire chief of our volunteer dept.

6 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Is this the antithesis of the hygiene topic then?

Of course, it is!

I have thought of draining it in the penalty box. Never did it because of a long car ride home and that aroma marinating in my gear. 

When I used to race bicycles, we had a proceedure to when nature calls number one: unclip from one pedal, spread out that leg, roll up the pant leg, a let it go. If worse came to worse, rinse with a water bottle. I mastered it to where I’d “water the bushes” and that was it.

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

Of course, it is!

I have thought of draining it in the penalty box. Never did it because of a long car ride home and that aroma marinating in my gear. 

When I used to race bicycles, we had a proceedure to when nature calls number one: unclip from one pedal, spread out that leg, roll up the pant leg, a let it go. If worse came to worse, rinse with a water bottle. I mastered it to where I’d “water the bushes” and that was it.

Ever the recipient of a splash back... you know like when you're in the front seat of a car spit out the window only to have it fly into the window behind you? I'd call it a "friendly fire" but could have been crazy cycling strategery. 

Fighting dehydration is something I've had to really focus on as I've gotten a bit older, and to say that I drink a lot of water in the hours leading up to a game would be an understatement. I've never had to pee really badly once I was on the ice, but I usually go a few minutes before I put my upper body gear on. It's difficult for me to loosen my pants and pull them down very far, so I usually have to hike 'myself' up and over the pants' front. It works fine, but at that angle, you really need to give it a good shake, make sure your tank is empty, and give it another few shakes. The waistband can trap a little bit of extra pee down there, and then when you tuck yourself back in... it's been a good 10 years since my last lesson, but I've pretty much peed all over the inside of my own cup and pants, seconds after peeing into a urinal. Fun times.

19 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Ever the recipient of a splash back... you know like when you're in the front seat of a car spit out the window only to have it fly into the window behind you? I'd call it a "friendly fire" but could have been crazy cycling strategery. 

Just like not attacking at feed stations, there are unwritten rules when it comes to stuff like this...

34 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Fighting dehydration is something I've had to really focus on as I've gotten a bit older, and to say that I drink a lot of water in the hours leading up to a game would be an understatement. I've never had to pee really badly once I was on the ice, but I usually go a few minutes before I put my upper body gear on. It's difficult for me to loosen my pants and pull them down very far, so I usually have to hike 'myself' up and over the pants' front. It works fine, but at that angle, you really need to give it a good shake, make sure your tank is empty, and give it another few shakes. The waistband can trap a little bit of extra pee down there, and then when you tuck yourself back in... it's been a good 10 years since my last lesson, but I've pretty much peed all over the inside of my own cup and pants, seconds after peeing into a urinal. Fun times.

That's why you do the ol' push up from behind the sack to get the last remnants out. No more dribbles.

Here's a horror story of attempting to expel urine while in full gear:

I was probably around 11 or 12 playing a roller hockey game in a roofed outdoor rink. It was the August-end of July, so it was uncomfortably warm as it was. Between the second and third I had to go so bad they delayed the start of the third for me. I rushed into the bathroom, undo all the gear, and then...missed the toilet, got it all inside my cup and pants and gear. Had to finish the game in the heat all piss-soaked. I was whining the whole time because it was so gross. 

Now having a case of Luongoitis, that is truly a dilemma on how to get your gear out of the way.

• 1 month later...

Buddy of mine had to go during a street hockey game. Fine adult coaches re-living their (non)glory days told him to 'just go' while standing in the net.

That was 30 years ago and I still ask him if he pee'd in his gear lately every time I see him.

Guess he could have just jumped in the pool with all his gear on after.

2 hours ago, MTH said:

GSBB..

Unnecessary layout change really was the final straw.

But membership needing mod approval with mods being completely MIA made getting any potential new users in almost impossible.

This was also right around the time that Facebook groups really took off (GSU), so a large dumpster fire of issues really killed off that site.

Sad part is that I was the only mod left. The approvals went through the Admin who was MIA. 

Being a mod only let you edit posts and ban people and all. I couldn't modify the place. Worst part was that I'd email everyone from Paul on down and never heard back.

I just wanted to be an Admin so I could keep it running and replace the missing mods from the people who were around still. 

Who wants a ban on GSBB for old time sake? Just ask. Makes you look renegade.

51GIIo5pyOL.jpg

Two Lorenzo Lamas pictures in the same thread? Whaaa? Should be a mod here for pulling that feat off!

On 3/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh Oh, ban me. Same username.

Two users with coopaloop names? What?

The other was Matt Cooper. From central PA. Joined in 05 and made a whopping 5 posts. Stole your name though Derek.

Hey - you were there on March 20th. You got a ban for a day for jaywalking. 

Archived