A Brief Glimpse of CoopAloop In The Wild.

coopaloop1234

So during one of my games last week, other goalie brought his GoPro in.

Unfortunately, it was in a game I didn't play too well in. Movement and angles were sloppy, reaction time was off. First goal you'll see ended up deflecting off of my defenders stick, from the top of the circle, but it still gave me an issue.

Regardless, there isn't too much video of me, but may as well share it.

Enjoy.

Edit: Also, there is an editing error, so when the other goalie comes back, it cuts to me again for a goal against. But that's it.

@Kayen Appreciate it. It's the first time I've seen myself on video for the 7 years I've been playing. Definitely not as horrific as I imagined. :P

Though, and I knew this already, I'll be guilty of drifting back and opening up the top. Usually it's a coping mechanism to deal with faulty defense, but I'm definitely fast enough to make up for lost ground. Though, It's far more apparent when I'm feeling off my game. 

That's the funny thing about the board and online groups in general... We have no clue how any of us look on the ice and usually all we see is the bad (when self evaluating).  You looked good to me... and really... if any us looked any better we'd be getting paid to play!  I hoping to get my cam soon and you guys can all pick me apart!!! :headbang:

Appreciate the words fellas. I know everyone is their toughest critic.

https://hockey-community.com/leagues/planeticecoquitlam/seasons/pahlover19league/boxscores/b1570d86-ecba-42ca-9d5d-c770a6f416a7

Here's the box score for it too. Getting lit up for 7 wasn't a great outing. Especially because historically, I do very well against those guys. 

This is also on a team that is struggling hard offensively and is one the most penalized league wide, let alone in the div. Tri City Brewers just got bumped down a div, so that explains their woes, but as you can see, we're a bit behind on the GF category but keeping in there for GA.

Untitled.thumb.png.7361d328ed3f00b233549532343e9970.png

• 2 weeks later...

So jumped onto the video hype train. 

Battery died about halfway through the third, some condensation in the top left I need to address, and it was the first time trying editing. Not great, but alright for the first time doing everything. 

Also, video was filmed in 1080p, but the free program I've used (Lightworks) only exports at 720p. Anyone have any recommendations for a free program? (I'm a cheap bugger) 

Now, I want some serious feedback, tear me apart fellas! :P 

4 minutes ago, netminder said:

I counted 5 times you went to butterfly before the puck was released. And with such a wide stance your lateral feet to feet suffered too

Definitely agree with both points. Game was a tad slow and it through my motions off. But I can definitely be guilty of that. 

Second point is right too. Watching these vids has shown how low I actually get. Probably something to work on, but I do find that keeping my head down at the same level while on my feet and in butterfly let's me track better. 

Love the way you play. Just a thought, if you're going to play that low, you might want to be a little more patient/aggressive.  You get out to the top of your crease as they cross the blue line, but are back on your goal line when they cross the tops of the circles. You seem to be a good enough skater to wait them out a little longer. Maybe delay your retreat until after they cross the top of the circles. You'll take away more of the top of the net while staying compact.

Food for thought, worth a try....maybe

20 minutes ago, old but slow said:

Love the way you play. Just a thought, if you're going to play that low, you might want to be a little more patient/aggressive.  You get out to the top of your crease as they cross the blue line, but are back on your goal line when they cross the tops of the circles. You seem to be a good enough skater to wait them out a little longer. Maybe delay your retreat until after they cross the top of the circles. You'll take away more of the top of the net while staying compact.

Food for thought, worth a try....maybe

Absolutely. I have a real bad habit of retreating too early and it's always worse when i'm feeling less confident in my game. It's at the top of the list of things to work on.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Definitely appreciate having some extra eyes on this. I thought I could be as objective as possible about it, but I'm just a little too giddy being able to watch me play that it's clouding any actual type of real self evaluation. :P

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So quick question for guys that post videos, what editing software are you using?

I'm hopefully looking for something stupid user friendly and free.

Tall order right? :)

I use Davinci Resolve 15.  It's Free so it fits one of your criteria (there is a paid version with extra features).  But there is a steep learning curve depending on what you're looking to do editing wise.  If you just want something to cut down your footage into highlight clips, that's pretty straightforward, but you can go pretty far down the rabbit hole if you want to do things like color grading and multiple sources.

And while it's free, it does take up a fair amount of resources to run (it is a robust video editor).  But it's free!  And there are lot's of tutorials online!

45 minutes ago, VOGoalie said:

I use Davinci Resolve 15.  It's Free so it fits one of your criteria (there is a paid version with extra features).  But there is a steep learning curve depending on what you're looking to do editing wise.  If you just want something to cut down your footage into highlight clips, that's pretty straightforward, but you can go pretty far down the rabbit hole if you want to do things like color grading and multiple sources.

And while it's free, it does take up a fair amount of resources to run (it is a robust video editor).  But it's free!  And there are lot's of tutorials online!

So just curious, is it free? I'm not sure if you mentioned that or not. :P

And appreciate it.

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So just curious, is it free? I'm not sure if you mentioned that or not. :P

Ha, I just get really excited when I find free stuff and it's actually awesome!  (As opposed to free stuff that looks good when you drive by it on the sidewalk then you realize it's not once you put it in your car...)

• 1 month later...

Archived