Paint job review...

bunnyman666

So- I have decided to take the plunge and get my helmet painted. I had decided on subject matter, impact on matching colour ways, whether or not I wanted to go against my very own mantra of “anti-graphic”, and “no frills”.

Many of you knew me as the bloke who wore a highly engineered composite copy of a Cooper SK2000 painted with either truck bed liner or Flex Seal. After a puck in the jaw, I had made a decision to go with a masque. 

We all know that I went with a Protechsport. I went matte white. Blah blah blah. 

Seeing truly great artwork and not DaveArt, I had decided to go with something that spoke of the man behind the masque.

I had contacted none other than @parebele. I saw his work in various places. He seems like my kind of artist. 

The consultation was fantastic. He knew what questions to ask. He came up with a few mock ups. He tweaked a few things and catered to my sense of humour. Yes- HE designed “Pooper”. I will go into detail further when the helmet is completed.

Thus far I am satisfied with the consultation process.

Stay tuned for more... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story behind “Pooper”: The devil bunny is based off of my dearly departed rabbit Trixie. We played a lot of games like kill the doo rag, tag, herd daddy, and other things. One of many nicknames I had for her was “little Pooper”, especially when she’d leave little presents in our favourite hallway to play in. 

Sean had asked about a brand name for Trixie’s stick. I immediately thought of modding the “Cooper” logo into the brand “Pooper”. Of course since my Ulcerative Colitis has flared up, “Pooper” has suddenly become even funnier to me. 

Here is the infamous Trix “selfie” we based my devil bunny character from:

312B8E66-7C94-41B4-BCEC-38A6976161B4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Fullright said:

looks real sharp, bunny. if you have a backup bucket, with your name, have to suggest a homage to Mr. Larocque.

Thanks!

Part of me is thinking that as far as the Bunny Larocque tribute. I wear a Habs Larocque sweater on occasion.

The next in the series, however, is going to be a similar, yet opposite concept! 

3 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Thanks!

Part of me is thinking that as far as the Bunny Larocque tribute. I wear a Habs Larocque sweater on occasion.

The next in the series, however, is going to be a similar, yet opposite concept! 

Need a next mask?

Archived