My vh skates

ZarafonitisD

UPDATE: so I brought them and showed them to the manager and he was really helpful, he gave me two options basically m, either we send them back right now, or we re bake them and remold them but add like gauz taped to my foot at the spot of the cave in so it pushes out while moulding, so after abit if pushing out by hand and that, it's how it suppose to be, we'll see if it stays like this and if not then we'll send them back to VH

13 hours ago, ZarafonitisD said:

UPDATE: so I brought them and showed them to the manager and he was really helpful, he gave me two options basically m, either we send them back right now, or we re bake them and remold them but add like gauz taped to my foot at the spot of the cave in so it pushes out while moulding, so after abit if pushing out by hand and that, it's how it suppose to be, we'll see if it stays like this and if not then we'll send them back to VH

I'd be dissapointed too but so far the right steps to correct the problem are being taken. I'm interested to see if this case escalates to where to you must return the skates and what will happen after that.

Another update: brought them back to the store because the same problem happened in two different regions. It's almost like the boot is too soft in certain areas and especially after abit of sweating, so they told me they're going to contact VH and send them back. It's unfortunate cause other than that they actuallly felt amazing in every way, except whenever they'd cave and fold in causing small pressure points

I actually asked my VH rep about this, i had a similar problem because I'm a heavier guy, and he suggested asking True to stiffen up the eyelet area with another layer of thermo-foldable plastic, its been a common enough request by some players apparently.

(on my next pair, current ones are 1.5 years old and were ordered before my shop started selling them.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 8:59 PM, ZarafonitisD said:

My left skate is right and straight on the inside along the eyelits, but on my right skate there is a crease/fold,  what should I do? Will rebaking them help it get straight like the left?

IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

Almost looks like you tried to stand up while baking them. 

16 hours ago, ZarafonitisD said:

Just got my skates back, all they did was punch out a pressure point wich now looks like my skate has a huge lump on it, major issues were not fixed ...

The lump is normal when punching skates. Did they not add the extra layer of material on the eyelits?

Archived