Do you wear your wedding ring on the ice?

stackem30

I used to always remove my ring and watch before activities involving the hands. That is until I recently broke  my ring finger and tore a tendon or something ( no Dr. visit, just speculation), no I can't get the damn thing off. Also got a fitbit for christmas, won't track my hockey workouts if I don't wear it so...

Any way, regarding my ring finger, it's been swollen since beginning of October plus I have a knot in my palm and another just below the knuckle. Probably why I can't get the ring off. I should also mention that this is my 3rd wedding band as the others went missing after leaving them off to go play.

17 hours ago, stackem30 said:

In all honesty, I didn't really feel comfortable making fun of anyone for being divorced (obviously I have no idea if that's the case for anyone here),

Every divorced dude I know can barely afford to buy lunch let alone play hockey and buy goalie gear.

Then again, I'm married 14 years and haven't bought new gear in 14 years.

4 minutes ago, MTH said:

Every divorced dude I know can barely afford to buy lunch let alone play hockey and buy goalie gear.

Then again, I'm married 14 years and haven't bought new gear in 14 years.

It took me a minute to indulge in my cycling after getting divorced in ‘95. Thankfully, it wasn’t much that she got; she just got everything...

3 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Slightly OT, but I was just wondering, about Muslims who have multiple wives, do they also have multiple wedding rings? I mean if you have 5 wives, do you wear 5 wedding rings? Or you just have one and "recycle" it every time you get married again? How does that work?

Considering it is against Muslim law to wear gold adornments, they may not even wear a wedding band at all.

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:
3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Considering it is against Muslim law to wear gold adornments, they may not even wear a wedding band at all.

You sure about that?

http://www.goldpalace.com/page/GPJI/ctgy/AP

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just a silver cock ring.

Never take mine off.

Ok, now that we covered Muslims and cock rings, can't wait to see where this thread heads next ?

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That whole paragraph on why they can't wear a wedding ring doesn't make any sense.

The part preceding that is much clearer:

He saw a man wearing a ring of gold and he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took if from his hand and said, “Would any one of you take a coal from the fire and hold it in his hand?” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Libaas wa’l-Zeenah, 3897). So it is not permissible for the Muslim male to wear a gold ring.

So, basically he is saying "What, are you an idiot? You wouldn't hold a hot piece of coal in your hand, would you? So why the fuk would you wear a wedding ring, bruh? GTF out (and peace be upon you)"

Archived