NHL Pro Chest Protector Database

My observation is that the concensus in the NHL seems to be Vaughn, despite that most people say their arms at retail level are underpadded which is disappointing for $600 a pop.

I`d be interested in know who is wearing what that isn`t "registered" such as Brown, Passau, ect - and how they wear it (in or out). For a pro goalie to show confidence in a product that isn`t on the NHL`s contract says a great deal in the quality and protection of said chesty.

@RichMan - To my knowledge no NHL guys are still in Brown or Passau. Bobs in Vaughn, Bernier is in CCM, and Halak is in Brian's. I know Passau made a unit for an AHL guy last year. However, he was / is in a paid gear contract with CCM. If he was seen wearing the unit it would have voided his contract. I am not sure if he ever took the risk or not. 

Maybe we could start to compile a Database and work on percentages of who is wearing what. For my money, I think CCM and Vaughn are very close. I don't think Vaughn is dominating like say True is with skates. . . Maybe 50% Vaughn, 40% CCM, 7% Bauer, and 3% Brian's or something similar might be a realistic pie chart. 

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Random question... Do people like this thread? I noticed there are not a lot of comments. Is that because it's self explanatory or people don't care?

I really like this thread! It's nice to see the C/A Mods and looking at what Pro's stick with what works for them, even if it's a model from a few years back. I find that very cool!

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Ask Beyoncé about trying to keep a lid on things on the internet.

sex tape?!! :giggity: lollll

If Bob is true to himself, he will stick with what works for him and brush off all other offers. Lets not forget that John's gear did dominate the show at one point not very long ago. He's made his mark irregardless.

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

sex tape?!! :giggity: lollll

If Bob is true to himself, he will stick with what works for him and brush off all other offers. Lets not forget that John's gear did dominate the show at one point not very long ago. He's made his mark irregardless.

Image result for irregardless memeImage result for irregardless meme 

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Image result for austin powers she's a man baby gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@RichMan I actually wonder the opposite, haha 

Goalie Gear Nerd had a nice post the other day showing guys who change their main gear company and keep the chesty 

subban still in Brian’s, Elliott still in Bauer, etc 

I figure guys get used to a feel and don’t want to change. So I’m curious when they change from a CCM to a Vaughn, why?!?

14 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@RichMan I actually wonder the opposite, haha 

Goalie Gear Nerd had a nice post the other day showing guys who change their main gear company and keep the chesty 

subban still in Brian’s, Elliott still in Bauer, etc 

I figure guys get used to a feel and don’t want to change. So I’m curious when they change from a CCM to a Vaughn, why?!?

I can see a guy say having worn Brown forever and get approached by CCM to wear the full kit and him saying ok, except for my c/a and they agree - or not. But I'm sure some guys will see or hear about a new model out and might get curious and maybe even switch. That's where I'd like to hear what made them switch on their own. Protection? Mobility? Durability? Vision/clearance? Adjustments? etc.

I know Bernier tried a Simmons and Passau before. Then got stuck with CCM =p.

I want to know the construction of the C/A's though. They're noTHING like what we get. I've held a Backstrom C/A a couple years back and noted beefed shoulders, biceps, forearms and plastic in the belly blocks.