NHL Pro Chest Protector Database

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a couple contributions to the thread.

Jonathan Bernier Pro Return "Premier" - I think this was from his days in Los Angeles.

I've also attached images of a "re-issue" retail P1 chest pad. I would say he wears something close to a stock Large based on the number of rows in the chest.

• Retail version is marked Medium and you can see 5 rows of horizontal blocks (not counting the rounded sternum blocks).

Biggest differences you'll see:

• X-Pulse style arm floaters (segmented and scalloped outside)
  • X-pulse style backplate
  • Completely different harness
  • Arm padding goes completely down to the wrist velcro (most stock models have minimal to no padding in this area)
  • Note: the gray rib protection and waxed red skate lace at the elbows are things I added myself.  I find the waxed skate lace tends to hold tension longer than the cord.
  • Note2: You'll also see some stitching I did at the forearm.  I added an elastic band underneath with a lot of tension to get a better "cinched down" feeling at my wrists.
  • Note3: Bernier has long arms.  I'm 5'11 and he's listed at 6'.  I chopped off a couple inches in the arms and it's still a little too long.

59f945da51115_BernierP1.thumb.jpg.c37d28ed1fec4c54608d8264c7b059f3.jpg59f945e0d0b25_BernierP1(b).thumb.jpg.4acab45a296e42b886cfe6142c29d2e1.jpgreebok-rbk-premier-goalie-pro-chest-arm-protector-p1-re-release-550-burnaby_8354188.jpg.db1f90fade5a36d2f4311a5ee0444d55.jpg

On 4/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, sebastiancp1 said:

35F0AA9A-E047-4B71-864F-F285E8F24907.JPG

I had this exact one. Loved it, extremely mobile but it was starting to get soft in the chest/belly. I donated to a 60+ group I subbed for a few times couple years ago. Don't be fooled by the age, some of them know what they're doing 

Mod Note - @RichMan when you quote a post be sure not to include your comment inside the quote.  This is the 4th or 5th post of yours that I corrected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 12:52 AM, Chenner29 said:

Same.  Such clean lines.  It's the best looking C/A made IMO.  Almost good enough to wear without a jersey

That's exactly what I love about it.  It's such a clean simple design.  I love how it has such a low profile.  Doesn't unnecessarily protrude anywhere due to various floaters all over it.  I just couldn't get comfortable in it.  One thing that sticks out in my memory was the wrist straps.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Random question... Do people like this thread? I noticed there are not a lot of comments. Is that because it's self explanatory or people don't care?

I don't personally care, but I can't speak for others. Lehner wearing a 2-3 year old chesty doesn't mean anything to me, for example. 

Now if somebody is wearing the latest model whatever that isn't on the market yet, then that's something noteworthy but I'd be posting that in the NHL sightings thread.