So... I released a comic book.

chakal

Don't know if it's the right place to post, but after 2 years of work (spare time) I finally finished and published my very first comic book ever!

You can download and read it at www.chakalart.com,  it's free.

Nothing beats the pride I had at the birth of my 2 kids or my wedding, but the feeling of having this done is not that far away. You can also see some other artworks I did on instagram and Facebook by searching chakalart.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats. Well done. Amazing style. I liked that your characters were the same after all those years.

Fitzlegend smashes a nice Jeep Wrangler? Sad end to a great ride. The Ford Taurus wagon loaded with propane tanks was a nice touch too. Like the license plate with initials and numbers.

The Dragon's lieutenant reminded me of JK Simmons in Spider Man.

Battle scenes at the end were cool. Keep them coming.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:07 PM, MTH said:

Congrats. Well done. Amazing style. I liked that your characters were the same after all those years.

Fitzlegend smashes a nice Jeep Wrangler? Sad end to a great ride. The Ford Taurus wagon loaded with propane tanks was a nice touch too. Like the license plate with initials and numbers.

The Dragon's lieutenant reminded me of JK Simmons in Spider Man.

Battle scenes at the end were cool. Keep them coming.

Thanks for the comments. The art shows that it took 2 years to do. The quality is improving from page to page. I was even thinking redoing the first 10 or 12 pages but that would have meant an other 6 months of work.

Funny thing about the Jeep and the BMW at the beginning, right after finish those pages, I went out for my hockey game. At the first red light, there was a silver wrangler and a red BMW, same models, same colors, side by side. I was like "I just hope they don't start shooting at each other"!

A scoop for the guys on the goalnet: #2 is in progress. It's written, and even got page 1 entirerly done. Page 2 is alfway through. I should release an official announcement in the days to come. So stay quiet on it until then! LOL I very proud of how the art goes on the #2 so far. It's a notch over the last few pages of #1 already.

I'm not a good colorist, but maybe I'll be able to find someone to do it someday. That would speed up the process.

• 8 months later...
20 hours ago, havok said:

CONGRATS CHAKAL!

I know the feeling AND the hard work you put in it, I too made my own comic!

I'll be downloading this for sure!

mine is here!

http://www.indyplanet.us/worlds-end-vol-1/

I will go and check it out as soon as I have my IndyPlanet account set up. I already have my Ka-Blam account, but I want to know if I need to create a separate account at IP or if I can log through KB. Or, if I can link both accounts if I create a IP account.

Archived