BadAngle41

Which color scheme captures a vintage look best?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which color scheme captures a vintage look best?

• All White (let it wear into wear over time)
    • All Cream (start out with something off white)
    • Cream w/ White Bindings (match the inspiration)

So I wasn't going to throw anything up on this until it was ordered, but I'm struggling on a decision for the color scheme. My inspiration image is this vintage Cooper set...

5aa299935feda_CooperCA01.thumb.jpg.200465c1fcc26914f1f7f460a6a27677.jpg

I'm going with a Passau Gen 2 Pro Pack (with some slight functional modifications) and am also trying to achieve a vintage look. I've come up the 3 renderings below... vote up top for which you like best and would like to see made. Subtle differences... but when you're dropping some $$$ on this I want it to be just right. Worth noting is that with the designs I created below, Passau did ask I use their type face on the logos, which of course will be fine. Thanks in advance for your help!!

All White

5aa29a12efdfc_PassauChestOption8.thumb.jpg.ee7d0f2f28696ec6ee141e9c722e5376.jpg

All Cream

5aa29a3304c84_PassauChestOption9.thumb.jpg.6ebf4dcbb7d81419e08fa858f6bd01f5.jpg

Cream w/ White Bindings

5aa29a57411cd_PassauChestOption10.thumb.jpg.393c780d9dfe549ce2ae8c8833b1ac7e.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I hate all of them but voted for cream with white bindings.

Also whats with the template? Did passau change their logo?

Illiterate curmudgeon... I stated in my original post "Worth noting is that with the designs I created below, Passau did ask I use their type face on the logos, which of course will be fine."

I actually removed their logo on the template and did it in another font myself to get a retro-ish feel. Their reply to my request was using their type face.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Illiterate curmudgeon... I stated in my original post "Worth noting is that with the designs I created below, Passau did ask I use their type face on the logos, which of course will be fine."

I actually removed their logo on the template and did it in another font myself to get a retro-ish feel. Their reply to my request was using their type face.

Wow, name calling. Great job. 

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

I voted cream/white bindings fwiw. Too bad you can't use the modded logos, I'm digging the 60's mod Bauhaus typeface.

Thanks... i thought they we pretty good too. I can understand why Passau would rather use their own type face for it though.

In case you're wondering the font I used in my renderings is Bauhaus 93.

20 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Would you consider white with cream bindings? I really did the two-tone look over the solid white or cream, but I also think the cream color is better used for accents rather than large pieces. 

I give you White w/ Cream Bindings... not real sure about it though. What do you think?

image.thumb.png.fd1f0ed755b34557d3f2a9dee5152a28.png

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I give you White w/ Cream Bindings... not real sure about it though. What do you think?

image.thumb.png.fd1f0ed755b34557d3f2a9dee5152a28.png

Hmm. Well, I say I like it better than all white or all cream, but that’s just me. I still think either of the two-tone options beat out the solid-color. But this is coming from someone with an all black C/A...

Archived