Your height and your paddle size !

Many

On 7/23/2018 at 10:50 PM, DL42 said:

yoiu miss blade shape. and toe and heel

I think we could make a nice matrix of paddle height, lie, shoulder shape, toe shape, and heel shape along with physical properties of various sticks to do comparisons. At the end of the day, so much depends on your stance and use of stick in various positions to find "the one" that feels best for the individual. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I think we could make a nice matrix of paddle height, lie, shoulder shape, toe shape, and heel shape along with physical properties of various sticks to do comparisons. At the end of the day, so much depends on your stance and use of stick in various positions to find "the one" that feels best for the individual. 

Yep that was in the plans at one point but then this thread kind of derailed into people posting without the requested info, which kind of defeated the point. Maybe it can get back on track again somehow. 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, RichMan said:

I've been using a 26" for the longest time. I just upgraded my Ls1 blades to some LS5s which are slightly taller. Will there be a huge adjustment? Has anyone else felt a difference? Will I need to go up 0.5" or 1"?

The difference isn't THAT dramatic. I went from the LS3G to Tydan DLC (which is about the same height as the LS5G) and within 10 min I forgot I even changed (aside from the fact I could kick a post and not need a new sharpening.) Granted it sounds like your LS1 were used/sharpened more than my LS3G... but where you'll notice the difference is more in how much you'll need to raise your knee to get a solid push with the steels compared to before... should be noticeably less. A Step Steel Extreme might get you into a situation in which you'd feel the need for a taller paddle... but I'm of the opinion paddle height should be more reflective of when you're in the butterfly than in your stance. 

Archived