Brian's Gear

TheGoalNet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Anyone ordered Brian's gear lately? I've been hearing rumblings of issues with quality and getting orders right. I hope it's not true

Did you hear that from Trav4? Because his opinion on gear shouldn't be trusted.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:34 AM, Jukka Ropponen said:

Our company reps Brian's in Finland and we have not has any issues with quality or even the most complex specs on gear coming from Kingsville factory.

Jukka

First off, thanks for posting! Glad to see a legend back. 

Thats good to hear. I'm a Brian's supporter, but it's been about 5 years since I ordered my set. A lot can change over that period and I was curious about the rumors I had heard. 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:45 PM, Westcoast Tender said:

I only ordered a glove (not a whole set), but it was two weeks early and exactly what I ordered....as to quality compared to my old glove (Subzero II), won't know for awhile. Looks good from just a visual inspection

Like the colours, it is simple, but looks very good.

Why not SZ3 blocker for a set?

On 3/23/2017 at 8:08 AM, Westcoast Tender said:

I really like the Vaughn blockers, Vaughn gloves are okay.  Love the Subzero glove.  Gear is getting so expensive, I figured I would just go with what I know I'll like.  I have CCM pads...I'm one of those goalies where there's no brand matching, just wear what I find most comfortable.  

Been tempted to do that lately on all red 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:08 AM, Westcoast Tender said:

I really like the Vaughn blockers, Vaughn gloves are okay.  Love the Subzero glove.  Gear is getting so expensive, I figured I would just go with what I know I'll like.  I have CCM pads...I'm one of those goalies where there's no brand matching, just wear what I find most comfortable.  

I've never cared that I wore the same brand of gear so long as all of the colors matched.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 9:53 AM, MadsM said:

Anybody ever tried the Brians G-Netik 5.0 Sr. Goalie Pants? they look really neat, i ussually don't tuck in my C/A. 

They are a great product, especially for the price. It should not matter if you tuck or not. 

1 hour ago, Brians_Joz said:

They are a great product, especially for the price. It should not matter if you tuck or not. 

Always wondered... Does the quick snap buckle on the pants fit thru the C&A belt hole? 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Always wondered... Does the quick snap buckle on the pants fit thru the C&A belt hole? 

I have a version of the 5.0's (not branded that way). I got them for a great deal and thought I would give them a go (my Vaughn V3's were pretty much done and had served me well).

They are big. My V3's were medium and I got the same size in the BStar's. They're closer to a large.

But other than, quality has been good and they're very protective.

I never tucked my c/a before, but given the extra room I had I started doing half-way through the season.

I attach my c/a (Vaughn V3 also) via the loop with the skate lace. Don't think the snap buckle would fit through.

Cedric 

Edited by cedric35

1 hour ago, cedric35 said:

I have a version of the 5.0's (not branded that way). I got them for a great deal and thought I would give them a go (my Vaughn V3's were pretty much done and had served me well).

They are big. My V3's were medium and I got the same size in the BStar's. They're closer to a large.

But other than, quality has been good and they're very protective.

I never tucked my c/a before, but given the extra room I had I started doing half-way through the season.

I attach my c/a (Vaughn V3 also) via the loop with the skate lace. Don't think the snap buckle would fit through.

Cedric 

Cool, thanks

am I the only one who does the pants lace and the belt thru the loop?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...