Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Brian's Gear

Recommended Posts

Post questions or pics about the Brian's gear you own, are looking to purchase, or always wanted to know about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any of you know if Brian's is going to replace their 5.0 line? I was looking for the pads to match my gloves but haven't had any luck finding them.

If not, will they have intermediate sizing for the Gnetiks? At my size I need smaller pads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, g-netik 8.0 with g-netik3 graphics.   Seen it in the catalog that is posted on Brians site. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone ordered Brian's gear lately? I've been hearing rumblings of issues with quality and getting orders right. I hope it's not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Anyone ordered Brian's gear lately? I've been hearing rumblings of issues with quality and getting orders right. I hope it's not true

Did you hear that from Trav4? Because his opinion on gear shouldn't be trusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hills said:

Did you hear that from Trav4? Because his opinion on gear shouldn't be trusted.

Nope. Someone much more conservative  than him. I did see his post though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our company reps Brian's in Finland and we have not has any issues with quality or even the most complex specs on gear coming from Kingsville factory.

Jukka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2017 at 6:34 AM, Jukka Ropponen said:

Our company reps Brian's in Finland and we have not has any issues with quality or even the most complex specs on gear coming from Kingsville factory.

Jukka

First off, thanks for posting! Glad to see a legend back. 

Thats good to hear. I'm a Brian's supporter, but it's been about 5 years since I ordered my set. A lot can change over that period and I was curious about the rumors I had heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only ordered a glove (not a whole set), but it was two weeks early and exactly what I ordered....as to quality compared to my old glove (Subzero II), won't know for awhile. Looks good from just a visual inspection

IMG_3055.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2017 at 5:45 PM, Westcoast Tender said:

I only ordered a glove (not a whole set), but it was two weeks early and exactly what I ordered....as to quality compared to my old glove (Subzero II), won't know for awhile. Looks good from just a visual inspection

Like the colours, it is simple, but looks very good.

Why not SZ3 blocker for a set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Vaughn blockers, Vaughn gloves are okay.  Love the Subzero glove.  Gear is getting so expensive, I figured I would just go with what I know I'll like.  I have CCM pads...I'm one of those goalies where there's no brand matching, just wear what I find most comfortable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 8:08 AM, Westcoast Tender said:

I really like the Vaughn blockers, Vaughn gloves are okay.  Love the Subzero glove.  Gear is getting so expensive, I figured I would just go with what I know I'll like.  I have CCM pads...I'm one of those goalies where there's no brand matching, just wear what I find most comfortable.  

Been tempted to do that lately on all red 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 9:08 AM, Westcoast Tender said:

I really like the Vaughn blockers, Vaughn gloves are okay.  Love the Subzero glove.  Gear is getting so expensive, I figured I would just go with what I know I'll like.  I have CCM pads...I'm one of those goalies where there's no brand matching, just wear what I find most comfortable.  

I've never cared that I wore the same brand of gear so long as all of the colors matched.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody ever tried the Brians G-Netik 5.0 Sr. Goalie Pants? they look really neat, i ussually don't tuck in my C/A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 9:53 AM, MadsM said:

Anybody ever tried the Brians G-Netik 5.0 Sr. Goalie Pants? they look really neat, i ussually don't tuck in my C/A. 

They are a great product, especially for the price. It should not matter if you tuck or not. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brians_Joz said:

They are a great product, especially for the price. It should not matter if you tuck or not. 

 

Always wondered... Does the quick snap buckle on the pants fit thru the C&A belt hole? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Always wondered... Does the quick snap buckle on the pants fit thru the C&A belt hole? 

I have a version of the 5.0's (not branded that way). I got them for a great deal and thought I would give them a go (my Vaughn V3's were pretty much done and had served me well).

They are big. My V3's were medium and I got the same size in the BStar's. They're closer to a large.

But other than, quality has been good and they're very protective.

I never tucked my c/a before, but given the extra room I had I started doing half-way through the season.

I attach my c/a (Vaughn V3 also) via the loop with the skate lace. Don't think the snap buckle would fit through.

 

Cedric 

Edited by cedric35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cedric35 said:

I have a version of the 5.0's (not branded that way). I got them for a great deal and thought I would give them a go (my Vaughn V3's were pretty much done and had served me well).

They are big. My V3's were medium and I got the same size in the BStar's. They're closer to a large.

But other than, quality has been good and they're very protective.

I never tucked my c/a before, but given the extra room I had I started doing half-way through the season.

I attach my c/a (Vaughn V3 also) via the loop with the skate lace. Don't think the snap buckle would fit through.

 

Cedric 

Cool, thanks

am I the only one who does the pants lace and the belt thru the loop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Cool, thanks

am I the only one who does the pants lace and the belt thru the loop?

I'm with you on that one - plus my "Husqvarna" suspenders :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Inferno said:

I would love to see a modern day Potvin set!

I'm sure they'd make it for someone 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 2:50 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Anyone know or @Brians_Joz know if Primo is available in red? Primo is not listed on any of the customizers

We have it in small quantities so it remains off the customizer but can be requested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×