Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Brian's Gear

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ac40 said:

Does anyone know if you can manually replace the wires on the BOA dials on the Optik glove and blocker if they were to break? Obviously they probably aren't really in a position to be under enough stress to break but I'm seriously considering getting the glove and blocker and I wanted to ask this first.

Not that it totally answers your question. But I am pretty sure the BOA system has a lifetime guarantee, which should be replaced for free if they were to break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ac40 said:

Does anyone know if you can manually replace the wires on the BOA dials on the Optik glove and blocker if they were to break? Obviously they probably aren't really in a position to be under enough stress to break but I'm seriously considering getting the glove and blocker and I wanted to ask this first.

Not that I have any experience doing so but... I know one can by replacement parts for the BOA system. I would imagine that means that one could replace parts as needed on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hills said:

Not that it totally answers your question. But I am pretty sure the BOA system has a lifetime guarantee, which should be replaced for free if they were to break.

4 minutes ago, old but slow said:

Not that I have any experience doing so but... I know one can by replacement parts for the BOA system. I would imagine that means that one could replace parts as needed on their own.

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if they can be replaces and wanted to ask before I drop $1k on a custom glove and blocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

Just a little Google trip and found a couple things that may help resolve your concerns @ac40

Screenshot_2018-03-26-13-25-13.png

This is great, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered the glove set here a little time ago, ETA is mid may, can't wait! 

Optik set.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Congrats 

Thanks, decided to go with brians after the ccm thing. Excited to see how they work out, everything is weave, and then with red skatelace + double t. Getting them through tgc-rance as we couldn't find any retailers in Europe, and the company i work for can help with the shipping so it will be cheap enough to ship :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2018 at 10:58 AM, MadsM said:

Ordered the glove set here a little time ago, ETA is mid may, can't wait! 

Optik set.png

wow nice set ! i receive mine in 3 weeks ishh !! the wait kill me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Says it’s for both  

That’s what I’m thinking.  If any of you guys are interested.  I’ll stand down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an estimate as to what the up-charge would be to have the G-netik 3 graphic on an optik pad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CJ17 said:

Does anyone have an estimate as to what the up-charge would be to have the G-netik 3 graphic on an optik pad?l

I believe it's $75 for pads and $75 for gloves. It might be alittle more now but just gives you an idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 9:10 PM, CJ17 said:

Does anyone have an estimate as to what the up-charge would be to have the G-netik 3 graphic on an optik pad?

Check with a @TGC-Rance - They do a lot of customs and sometimes get customer graphics for less than others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, MadsM said:

Ordered the glove set here a little time ago, ETA is mid may, can't wait! 

Optik set.png

This set looks really sharp.  I just posted pics of my set I received just this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my video on my first impressions of my new Brian's Optik gear that I finally received last week. This review is prior to taking them on the ice.  

1. Blocker - solid blocker and huge improvement from my Bauer S170 with respect to finger protection.  Weight is exactly the same so very light.

2. Glove - I've been in love with this glove ever since I tried it on.  It is heavier than my Bauer S170 but all other aspects exceed expectations so far. Really like the double-T and it's actually more broken in than my Bauer which I've had for 10 months!  The Boa system is fantastic as I can get the exact custom fit with just a twist. The glove also opens fully up to ensure proper air circulation for drying.

3. Pads - can't wait to slide on these things.  The knee stack, sliding, and stiffness will be an improvement.  I also think that that seal on the ice will be improved especially for 5-hole shots.  Regardless of how I play in them they look awesome.

4. Knee pads - undecided.  Will test the knee pads in the coming weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my Optik chest protector. Only special things about it other than the colours(Matte Black, Silver, Powder Blue) are suspender straps, and a Large body with Medium arms

IMAG2618.thumb.jpg.55eed7c592c8408818e63b48693849b3.jpg

IMAG2620.thumb.jpg.fdcd2512eb4f857776e652624d30a0d6.jpg

IMAG2621.thumb.jpg.7012b558c29e80b44a49fea29b9c7e81.jpg

After reading some people had concerns with the arms, I was worried. Trying it on, though, I was able to loosen them up to the point where it was easy enough to get on. A little break in time, and they should be good. I can't wait!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice - what are the straps at the top of the shoulder floaters??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big2 said:

Nice - what are the straps at the top of the shoulder floaters??

Run his suspenders over the floaters.  This is easily the best way to keep your chest in place.  Especially when you tuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

talk to me about the Brian's NetZero youth line.

looking to upgrade my 9 year old's setup. He's been playing about a year and made am minor travel team. 

Currently wearing, reebok Y7s and TotalHockey glove and blocker

IDK if his leg pads are roatating properly for him, just learning to butterfly correctly. also, either he is not strong enough or we didn't break it in well, but he is not opening and closing his glove well. So need a nice soft glove that a little guy can open well. 

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy Dave is in his mid 60s and played goalie longer than most of us have been alive.

I went over to his house for a hockey bbq today and got to reacquaint myself with his goalie archive.

Check out all the old school Brian's pads.....he has the matching mitts for each set, too.  

Very impressive collection. 

20180908_162310.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seagoal said:

My buddy Dave is in his mid 60s and played goalie longer than most of us have been alive.

I went over to his house for a hockey bbq today and got to reacquaint myself with his goalie archive.

Check out all the old school Brian's pads.....he has the matching mitts for each set, too.  

Very impressive collection. 

20180908_162310.jpg

He has a few items in the archive...

Does he have anything REALLY old school? I REALLY love stuff like old Cooper, Brown, D&R, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×