Brian's Gear

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, alex said:

I read somewhere that there will be a new C/A (Optik?). Any more informations about that?

It’s currently being finalized, I would keep your eyes open for February. 

Unit will be a new model, but I’d anticipate it’s more based off the lineage of GN compared to SZ 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It’s currently being finalized, I would keep your eyes open for February. 

Unit will be a new model, but I’d anticipate it’s more based off the lineage of GN compared to SZ 

I'd say it's closer to the Sub line.

30 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't think I've ever seen those words used together like that before. 

I dunno, I, myself included, don't really consider Brian's a leader in the protective market. It's usually the CCM/Vaughn with Bauer following behind that people flock to.

They make excellent quality C/A's though. Just not my style.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I dunno, I, myself included, don't really consider Brian's a leader in the protective market. It's usually the CCM/Vaughn with Bauer following behind that people flock to.

They make excellent quality C/A's though. Just not my style.

Nobody said leader. We're talking about Quality. Brian's quality is second to none across the board. You'll never find better made stuff, period. 

21 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Nobody said leader. We're talking about Quality. Brian's quality is second to none across the board. You'll never find better made stuff, period. 

Maybe I mistyped. I don't think anyone thinks Brian's C/A's are lacking in quality, I think that most people are just super hesitant to diverge from what they're used to in the C/A side of things that they just pass up on Brian's gear by default. Conscious or not.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Maybe I mistyped. I don't think anyone thinks Brian's C/A's are lacking in quality, I think that most people are just super hesitant to diverge from what they're used to in the C/A side of things that they just pass up on Brian's gear by default. Conscious or not.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. He specifically said "most sleep on the quality of Brian's chestys". 

@coopaloop1234 @IPv6Freely - Depending on what you want, I would put Brian's up against anyone for a stock retail product . 

The GNetik is

A+ for protection

A+ for quality 

A+ for materials 

B+ mobility 

B for weight 

B for visibility / profile (some people like the bulk though)

The issue with Brian's not being more popular is that Brian's C&As and Pants are not carried as most retailers. They cost more to inventory and people don't stock them. That limits people's exposure to them and people assume they are not as good as anyone else. 

When people get on and whine their stock V6 isn't protective enough, I think it's silly. Don't be a sheep and order a Vaughn or pay extra to the places carrying a beefed up unit. I promise you won't feel anything in a Brian's. And I get Passau and Brown exist, but those are custom. I am talking about products you can order today and have within 2 days. 

And yes, I am NOT in a Brian's anymore because I put a higher emphasis on the Weight and Visibility, but that was a very educated and tough decision. I didn't go to a Vaughn because they are popular or #1 in the NHL. I also modded the hell out of mine to make it "perfect for me". 

If it's not clear, this topic drives me bananas... If you want to feel bullet proof... Order a Brian's 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@coopaloop1234 @IPv6Freely - Depending on what you want, I would put Brian's up against anyone for a stock retail product . 

The GNetik is

A+ for protection

A+ for quality 

A+ for materials 

B+ mobility 

B for weight 

B for visibility / profile (some people like the bulk though)

The issue with Brian's not being more popular is that Brian's C&As and Pants are not carried as most retailers. They cost more to inventory and people don't stock them. That limits people's exposure to them and people assume they are not as good as anyone else. 

When people get on and whine their stock V6 isn't protective enough, I think it's silly. Don't be a sheep and order a Vaughn or pay extra to the places carrying a beefed up unit. I promise you won't feel anything in a Brian's. And I get Passau and Brown exist, but those are custom. I am talking about products you can order today and have within 2 days. 

And yes, I am NOT in a Brian's anymore because I put a higher emphasis on the Weight and Visibility, but that was a very educated and tough decision. I didn't go to a Vaughn because they are popular or #1 in the NHL. I also modded the hell out of mine to make it "perfect for me". 

If it's not clear, this topic drives me bananas... If you want to feel bullet proof... Order a Brian's 

To go with that, my point was simply that if people are sleeping on the quality of Brian's...anything... they're just simply wrong. Ignoring all the other factors, Brian's is the best quality on the market, period. 

• Like 1

@IPv6Freely and to be clear, I was not picking on you either... I just wanted to jump in on this topic. I got into with a kid on IG the other day too about this. I am as neutral as possible. If you make a good product, people don't respect it, and I have personal experience with it... I will stick up for you!!! 

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely and to be clear, I was not picking on you either... I just wanted to jump in on this topic. I got into with a kid on IG the other day too about this. I am as neutral as possible. If you make a good product, people don't respect it, and I have personal experience with it... I will stick up for you!!! 

Sure. It just seemed like I was talking about quality and others were saying “yeah but all these other things that go into a buying decision”