Brian's Gear

TheGoalNet

6 minutes ago, ac40 said:

Does anyone know if you can manually replace the wires on the BOA dials on the Optik glove and blocker if they were to break? Obviously they probably aren't really in a position to be under enough stress to break but I'm seriously considering getting the glove and blocker and I wanted to ask this first.

Not that it totally answers your question. But I am pretty sure the BOA system has a lifetime guarantee, which should be replaced for free if they were to break.

43 minutes ago, ac40 said:

Does anyone know if you can manually replace the wires on the BOA dials on the Optik glove and blocker if they were to break? Obviously they probably aren't really in a position to be under enough stress to break but I'm seriously considering getting the glove and blocker and I wanted to ask this first.

Not that I have any experience doing so but... I know one can by replacement parts for the BOA system. I would imagine that means that one could replace parts as needed on their own.

42 minutes ago, Hills said:

Not that it totally answers your question. But I am pretty sure the BOA system has a lifetime guarantee, which should be replaced for free if they were to break.

4 minutes ago, old but slow said:

Not that I have any experience doing so but... I know one can by replacement parts for the BOA system. I would imagine that means that one could replace parts as needed on their own.

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if they can be replaces and wanted to ask before I drop $1k on a custom glove and blocker.

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Congrats 

Thanks, decided to go with brians after the ccm thing. Excited to see how they work out, everything is weave, and then with red skatelace + double t. Getting them through tgc-rance as we couldn't find any retailers in Europe, and the company i work for can help with the shipping so it will be cheap enough to ship :-)

• 1 month later...

Here is my video on my first impressions of my new Brian's Optik gear that I finally received last week. This review is prior to taking them on the ice.  

1. Blocker - solid blocker and huge improvement from my Bauer S170 with respect to finger protection.  Weight is exactly the same so very light.

2. Glove - I've been in love with this glove ever since I tried it on.  It is heavier than my Bauer S170 but all other aspects exceed expectations so far. Really like the double-T and it's actually more broken in than my Bauer which I've had for 10 months!  The Boa system is fantastic as I can get the exact custom fit with just a twist. The glove also opens fully up to ensure proper air circulation for drying.

3. Pads - can't wait to slide on these things.  The knee stack, sliding, and stiffness will be an improvement.  I also think that that seal on the ice will be improved especially for 5-hole shots.  Regardless of how I play in them they look awesome.

4. Knee pads - undecided.  Will test the knee pads in the coming weeks.

• 2 months later...

Just got my Optik chest protector. Only special things about it other than the colours(Matte Black, Silver, Powder Blue) are suspender straps, and a Large body with Medium arms

IMAG2618.thumb.jpg.55eed7c592c8408818e63b48693849b3.jpg

IMAG2620.thumb.jpg.fdcd2512eb4f857776e652624d30a0d6.jpg

IMAG2621.thumb.jpg.7012b558c29e80b44a49fea29b9c7e81.jpg

After reading some people had concerns with the arms, I was worried. Trying it on, though, I was able to loosen them up to the point where it was easy enough to get on. A little break in time, and they should be good. I can't wait!

• Like 2

talk to me about the Brian's NetZero youth line.

looking to upgrade my 9 year old's setup. He's been playing about a year and made am minor travel team. 

Currently wearing, reebok Y7s and TotalHockey glove and blocker

IDK if his leg pads are roatating properly for him, just learning to butterfly correctly. also, either he is not strong enough or we didn't break it in well, but he is not opening and closing his glove well. So need a nice soft glove that a little guy can open well. 

thx

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy Dave is in his mid 60s and played goalie longer than most of us have been alive.

I went over to his house for a hockey bbq today and got to reacquaint myself with his goalie archive.

Check out all the old school Brian's pads.....he has the matching mitts for each set, too.  

Very impressive collection. 

20180908_162310.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

My buddy Dave is in his mid 60s and played goalie longer than most of us have been alive.

I went over to his house for a hockey bbq today and got to reacquaint myself with his goalie archive.

Check out all the old school Brian's pads.....he has the matching mitts for each set, too.  

Very impressive collection. 

20180908_162310.jpg

He has a few items in the archive...

Does he have anything REALLY old school? I REALLY love stuff like old Cooper, Brown, D&R, etc.